List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Is Jason ever coming back to the show?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is Jason ever coming back to the show?

Started by jmain2825 at 2013/01/09 11:56AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/31 01:08PM, Views: 31663, Replies: 19
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/01/09 11:56AM
    Is Jason ever coming back to the show?
    jmain2825

I haven't heard any news about whether or not Steve Burton will return to the show? Any news?

#2   2013/01/09 12:00PM
    Re: Is Jason ever coming back to the show?
    Bettie Davis

Quote jmain2825: I haven't heard any news about whether or not Steve Burton will return to the show? Any news?

I think its better without him and I have watched since he first started, I'm sure new GH watchers would disagree

#3   2013/01/09 12:03PM
    ashuri-chan

Well these are just rumors! So it's nothing solid but rumorville said that we haven't heard the last of Jason Morgan and that his "remains" will be found.

#4   2013/01/09 12:30PM
    alikat

Quote jmain2825: I haven't heard any news about whether or not Steve Burton will return to the show? Any news?

Steve Burton signed a contract with Sony/CBS/Young & the Restless to play a new character named Dylan McAvoy. He started filming yesterday when they resumed taping after the Christmas break and his first airdate is scheduled for January 29th. I don't know how long of a contract he signed but most contracts have 13 or 26 week cycles.

So, I don't see Steve Burton being able to come back within the next 6 months.

Now, recasting the character of Jason Morgan is another ball of wax altogether. I don't know if that would work at this stage of the game either. I think any person stepping into that role within the next year would be setting themselves up for failure regardless of how good or popular they are. Giving it a few years would make it much more palatable for longtime viewers to accept the recast (just my opinion). And hey, who knows where Steve Burton will be in a few years. Maybe he'd be at a stage in his life where he wanted to come back.

#5   2013/01/09 07:38PM
    MirandaIsRight

Quote alikat:

Steve Burton signed a contract with Sony/CBS/Young & the Restless to play a new character named Dylan McAvoy. He started filming yesterday when they resumed taping after the Christmas break and his first airdate is scheduled for January 29th. I don't know how long of a contract he signed but most contracts have 13 or 26 week cycles.

So, I don't see Steve Burton being able to come back within the next 6 months.

Now, recasting the character of Jason Morgan is another ball of wax altogether. I don't know if that would work at this stage of the game either. I think any person stepping into that role within the next year would be setting themselves up for failure regardless of how good or popular they are. Giving it a few years would make it much more palatable for longtime viewers to accept the recast (just my opinion). And hey, who knows where Steve Burton will be in a few years. Maybe he'd be at a stage in his life where he wanted to come back.

Does the 13 week Tennessee family time count as a cycle?

#6   2013/01/09 07:41PM
    RileyDawson0628

Considering he starts on Y&R at the end of January I doubt he will be back to GH anytime soon. I really don't want to see a Jason recast. I have never seen any recast that worked, except for Carly. TB & LW both great in the role but that rarely happens.

#7   2013/07/29 11:30PM
    money max 32

i haven't heard anything yet but I think they should have him come back when Robin does that way if you have Sam moving on and Patrick moving on you have two characters that have a long history together. I say bring him back. the show is so much better with him and Ive seen since episode 1 (when I was 12 I started watching from episode 1) trust me there's a lot of people that want to see Jason back. I almost stopped watching it after they "killed" him off.

#8   2013/07/29 11:53PM
    elijahsgotit

I miss Steve Burton so much it's not even funny but sadly, I wouldn't count on him coming back anytime soon.

I was at first against a recast just because Steve will always be Jason to me but at this point, I think he needs to return.

I'd love to see his reaction to AJ being alive and see how he handles all that's changed since his departure.

Someone mentioned a while back the idea of GV playing him and I still think he'd be perfect. He's an excellent actor and has great chemistry with both Kelly and Rebecca.

#9   2013/07/30 01:44AM
    joyluck

No. Steve Burton is very happy at Y&R. He has a 3 year contract with CBS.

#10   2013/07/30 07:45AM
    oltlforever31

Quote Bettie Davis:

I think its better without him and I have watched since he first started, I'm sure new GH watchers would disagree

I have to say, I agree. I haven't missed him at all. I think SB is pretty content over at Y&R right now anyway.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list