List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: When GH announces they're recasting Jason morgan I

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When GH announces they're recasting Jason morgan I

Started by sportsfan411 at 2013/01/07 03:21PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/26 03:48PM, Views: 24663, Replies: 21
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/01/11 08:39PM
    Re: When GH announces they're recasting Jason morgan I
    ChargerGirl

Quote Axl Rose: But Steve Burton is irreplaceable as Jason Morgan, I don't think anyone can even step into the role of Jason and make it their own because there would be a lot of backlash

A lot of recasts bomb and are a bust but not all of them. GH is a fine case in point. Sarah Brown originated Carly and played her like nobodys business for what six years? Now that Laura Wright is in the role you have to say oh wait a minute, she's not the original Carly. It may not happen with a recast of Jason but who knows, it may. Steve Burton left for his own personal reasons. So to have Jason be a part of the show he will have to be recast, period. I think that if the part of Jason is recast, the replacement actor deserves a chance. In my humble opinion.

#12   2013/01/12 12:36AM
    mytwobitz

Quote ChargerGirl:
    Quote Axl Rose: But Steve Burton is irreplaceable as Jason Morgan, I don't think anyone can even step into the role of Jason and make it their own because there would be a lot of backlash

A lot of recasts bomb and are a bust but not all of them. GH is a fine case in point. Sarah Brown originated Carly and played her like nobodys business for what six years? Now that Laura Wright is in the role you have to say oh wait a minute, she's not the original Carly. It may not happen with a recast of Jason but who knows, it may. Steve Burton left for his own personal reasons. So to have Jason be a part of the show he will have to be recast, period. I think that if the part of Jason is recast, the replacement actor deserves a chance. In my humble opinion.

Exactly, they should just go ahead and recast if they feel the character needs to be kept alive rather than killed off. Just please, no more PLASTIC SURGERY explanations for the recasting, just a simple announcement like "the part of Carly Roberts is now played by ...whoever. Laura Wright is not the first, nor even the second Carly. I am getting to like her more and more, but my favorite Carly was Tamra Braun. She was a fine actress, and those luminous, slightly almond-shaped dark eyes, they gave her beauty an exotic quality; made her extraordinarily pretty. She had a number of memorable qualities, but I liked her better than Sarah Brown. I think Laura Wright has "grown on" me though, as I now accept her as Carly. For the diehard type "fans" who cause strikes and tantrums if (heaven forfend!) a favorite character gets recast, I would remind them, if Kristen Storms had not been recast, Maxie's story line was so vital they would have had to A) kill her off, or B) turn her into a back burner character, and when they do the latter it can be hard for the character to recover their popularity if they return later. I understand that Maxie is a popular character, but instead of sending hate mail to the poor actress who kept her part active while Kristen was recovering or whatever, instead of letting her become one of the "always being written out" and consequently, weak story line characters, Maxie's fans should have appreciated the sub! And might have if any of them were past high school age, (and mentally even less.) They could re-cast Jason. Carefully, but they could. Steve may return at some point later.

#13   2014/01/14 09:03PM
    Brtandi

I agree with you I was a BIG Jasam fan and when Steve left I went back and watch all there scenes together on You Tube along with Spixie. I loved how they all interacted together like there own lil family. It would be hard to get used to someone else playing Jason but soaps recast actors all the time. So please let them give us viewers what we want Jasam + Danny back!

#14   2014/01/15 06:22AM
    stonecoldhot

Everyone said no one could replace Carly, but we are on our 3rd or 4th Carly and each one was well liked IMO

#15   2014/01/16 12:31AM
    genhospchat

Why are people so mean about SBu putting his REAL family before his fake character? He made a choice for his family, what HE wanted, less work and more family time. Is everyone that selfish that he should have done the same mundane story forever (and his story was VERY mundane and BORING the last couple years he was on) for the fans and not had time for HIM and HIS life? His family comes before anyone here.

Some re-casts work, some don't. I think in this day and age of the Internet and social media, things get talked about so much more by so many varying opinions that it's hard to have your own judgement of characters at times (eg: disliking a character because people are so crazed over them that it makes you not like the character or start to like a character you were indifferent to before).

I was never a "fan" of TB or LW as Carly, though I got use to them . To me, Carly will always be Sarah Brown, the rest just took over for her. Just as JJ will always be Lucky, though got use to GV as Lucky. LastlyAmber Tamblyn is Emily to me, she was a joy to watch and NL i just FF'd, though I got use to her as Emily.

I think that some characters CAN'T be replaced. Lila Q, Steve Hardy, Luke, Laura because of their depth in the show. Jason can be replaced and would eventually be taken in like the Lucky's, the Nik's (I preferred the second Nik myself and have no feeling over this Nik at all aside from yawning) and the Carly's. we may not like him like SBu but eventually he would be accepted.

#16   2014/01/16 07:12AM
    Axl Rose

They should just recast Jason and be done with it already

#17   2014/01/16 07:21AM
    Bizlet

Quote Axl Rose: They should just recast Jason and be done with it already

ITA, if they are going to do it go ahead and do it, I say even write w/o the the brain damage. Bring him back as a doctor working for the Cassadines.

#18   2014/01/16 01:01PM
    Insxx

If they do recast, they have to do it right. The person do not have to be pre Jason, but make the role his. Everyone is replaceable,thats life. Who knows what will happen, They brought AJ back and they have done nothing with him. RC/FV are not that good at hiring. I rather see the mob than all that old bull.If RC is so into the 80's he need to start his own show.Whatever they really have to think.They could have done better by AJ.

#19   2014/01/16 01:07PM
    Layngel

Quote outraged1225: will be so happy! I think GH can find someone who resembles Steve Burton enough to make a good Jason Morgan. I would like to see the storyline with Jason, Sam, & Danny progress!

Me too. I would love to see it but it is going to be hard...SB is the only Jason we knew. And he was great in the role.

#20   2014/08/26 11:06AM
    Guys who could fit the role of Jason Morgan
    ladyjade75

There are three guys who I think could fit as the new Jason Morgan and they are:

Johnny Messener (Cassies ex-husband on Guiding Light)

Judson Mills (Texas Ranger Series and Hutch on As the World Turns)

Frank Grillo (Hutch, Guiding Light)

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list