List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: what is soapnet's status?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

what is soapnet's status?

Started by pinklady7 at 2012/04/06 09:04PM
    Latest post: 2012/04/07 06:32PM, Views: 1645, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2012/04/06 09:04PM
    what is soapnet's status?
    pinklady7

My cable company replaced soapnet with disney jr. this week.. another cable provider has both shows on 2 different channels..has anyone heard if they decided to keep soapnet or maybe merge it with abc family channel?

#2   2012/04/07 05:44AM
    Re: what is soapnet's status?
    alikat

Quote pinklady7: My cable company replaced soapnet with disney jr. this week.. another cable provider has both shows on 2 different channels..has anyone heard if they decided to keep soapnet or maybe merge it with abc family channel?

Boy I'd love it if they did keep SoapNet. Maybe give it a little revamp and continue like lately. I've really enjoyed watching the old GH's in the middle of the night and am seriously considering putting them on the DVR.

Also, adding in Brothers and Sisters.

It could be a good channel if they'd add a few more old soaps, maybe one or two inexpensive original shows and give more variety throughout the day. Do the repeats of Days, Y&R and GH in the morning, do the same day replay of them from 7-10 and not show other shows more than one or two episodes per day.

Don't show 5 hours of back to back OTH or 90210 anymore. Maybe on a special marathon that they promote to bring in a new show being added to the lineup but not on a daily or weekly basis.

I'd love to watch Guiding Light, ATWT, Another World, Ryans Hope, Dallas, Dynasty, Knots Landing, Santa Barbara, Generations, The City, etc....

I'd also love to see them do an original show like "Where are they now?" or a talk show or that reality show they did "The next soap star"

#3   2012/04/07 08:49AM
    pinklady7

I was hoping they were keeping soapnet, because 2 days before (comcast in phila) changed over to disney jr, they were advertising a new series Veronica Mars coming to soapnet which made me think abc decided to keep the show...when they did take my soapnet off ( at 1230 AM) in the middle of general hospital , and a cartoon appeared, i was thinking what toddlers are up at midnight ...I contacted comast, they said soapnet was stopping march 23rd and was being replaced with a" new and exciting" disney jr show... Verizon fios has both channels...unfortunately no fios in my area yet...

#4   2012/04/07 08:55AM
    alikat

You make a good point about them advertising Veronica Mars.

Maybe they've kept Soapnet but the cable companies have the option of keeping Soapnet, changing to Disney JR or having both.

More likely it will be a matter of paying more money so they'll move Soapnet into a higher dollar package. If that's the case, I'd pay the higher price if they keep giving better shows and showing old GH, etc...

Like I said, there's an audience for the channel if they'd just tweak it a little bit.

#5   2012/04/07 03:50PM
    krystalgirl

I have Time Warner Cable in the Wisconsin area and we still have the Soapnet channel.

Nothing has been mention here of getting rid of it.

#6   2012/04/07 05:09PM
    HOT PINK

I still have SoapNet in my area. Haven't received a notice from my cable company regarding when it is going to be replaced with that Disney channel. I certainly won't be watching it when it starts airing. GH is the ONLY ABC/Disney show I watch.

#7   2012/04/07 06:32PM
    aerinha

How old are we talking on GH? I would love to get to rematch the 1990s years with Robin, Lois and Brenda.

Veronica Mars isn't a new show, it went off the air a couple years back after a three year run. It rocks! A left over from the teen shows with intelligence instead of teen shows that jump all around without a thought in anyone's head as they haphazardly go from story to stoy.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list