List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 13616, Replies: 268
    « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:
    #81   2012/02/16 08:02AM
    Re: Good Books
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: Now I still have to finish our book for Sunday's discussion or I won't be able to participate.

Yes, Sunday is just around the corner. I need to send out an email to remind everyone. I've been working on the discussion questions. I'm going to add a fun twist since we're all GH fans. So...get to reading because I want you involved in the discussion.

Don't yell at me but I'm only on chapter one. I've been too easily distracted lately. I'm sure I'll get a couple of chapters read tomorrow morning while I'm waiting for my ultrasound and trying not to focus on the fact that I'm starving because I wasn't allowed to eat.

#82   2012/02/16 10:46AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: Now I still have to finish our book for Sunday's discussion or I won't be able to participate.

Yes, Sunday is just around the corner. I need to send out an email to remind everyone. I've been working on the discussion questions. I'm going to add a fun twist since we're all GH fans. So...get to reading because I want you involved in the discussion.

Don't yell at me but I'm only on chapter one. I've been too easily distracted lately. I'm sure I'll get a couple of chapters read tomorrow morning while I'm waiting for my ultrasound and trying not to focus on the fact that I'm starving because I wasn't allowed to eat.

Where is the smiley face that shrugs and turns her back and shakes her head? That's the smiley face I'd post in reply to your comment.

#83   2012/02/16 11:29AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

Where is the smiley face that shrugs and turns her back and shakes her head? That's the smiley face I'd post in reply to your comment.

Here is the raspberry blowing smiley face.
    :P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#84   2012/02/16 11:36AM
    JaneDoe

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote anybeth22: Anyone that has read and liked Twilight should read city of bones. I havent read the series yet but it's in my pile. I've heard great things about the series. I've heard it's almost as good as HP. I can't think of the author but she started out writing fan fiction. I think that's pretty cool. I read one of her HP stories it was really good.

Ps.
    twitter has really ruined my ability to type in full paragraph form. Lol it's all short sentences now.

Thanks for this suggestion..... I'll have to check it out!

Started reading this a few days ago and am already HOOKED! Thanks.

#85   2012/02/17 07:07AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

Here is the raspberry blowing smiley face.
    :P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought that meant drooling.

#86   2012/02/17 10:17AM
    anybeth22

Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Kathleen E Woodiwiss--The Wolf and the Dove--Shanna--A Rose in Winter

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

I'm gonna have to check these out! Thanks!

#87   2012/02/17 10:21AM
    anybeth22

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Devil-or-Angel: Apparently I am now going to be reading "The Hunger Games" series.

My daughter got the first book for Christmas and has since purchased the second with some of her 'Christmas' money. A short while ago she asked what I was doing, so I told her I was "talking" about good books with some people on line, she ran off and came back with The Hunger Games and said "Well then you'll want to read this one....It's great!"

How could I say no???

They are really good and very riveting..... especially the last one. I could NOT stop thinking about it. They are disturbing at times, but I kept reminding myself that they were fiction and a time and place like this does not exist IRL.... at least I hope not!

I have to read them. Movie comes out next month and I know I'm gonna see it. Gonna have to toughen up lol

#88   2012/02/17 10:23AM
    lemone

'heartbreaking' non fiction
    long way gone - ishmael beah

'pure fluff' fiction
    dead until dark (series) - charlaine harris

#89   2012/02/17 10:23AM
    anybeth22

Quote theresao:
    Quote anybeth22: Have any of you read Wicked? If you have I applaud you. I have tried reading this book 5 times!!! I can't get past part 1. I love the play, love the music to the play but can't for the life of me get into this book.

Yep, I read Wicked. Never finished the one about Cinderella's step sisters (Can't recall the name right now)though.

Well I applaud you cause I just can't finish it. I always finish a book no matter what but just can't do Wicked. Sucks cause I love the musical.

#90   2012/02/17 10:26AM
    samANDlizFAN

Quote ghfan since 1983: Nora Roberts writes a series of books under the name J.D.Robb that are about a homicide detective, Eve Dallas. They are some of the best books I've ever read. Gripping stories and the character progression is fantastic.

I agree these books are great I have read all of them at least 3 times and I'm anxiously waiting for February 21 when the latest one comes out

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list