List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 12281, Replies: 268
    « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:
    #251   2013/01/01 03:19PM
    Re: Good Books
    anybeth22

Quote LiasonSteckyFan:
    Quote anybeth22: My sister got the new JK Rowling book, a Casual Vacancy. She seems to be liking it. Said the reading is so familiar that you think you are reading Harry Potter until the cursing and then you are reminded this isn't a kids book. lol

Hilarious, my husband gave me that book for Christmas! It was pretty good but it just made me miss Harry Potter too much

I also just read Something Borrowed and Something Blue! I loved the movie Something Borrowed so I decided to read the books, which is usually not the kind of books I would go for but I enjoyed them!

I know the name "something Borrowed" but I can't place the movie. Who was in it?

#252   2013/01/03 01:03PM
    stonecoldhot

Started reading The Woods by Harlan Coben, Hubby read it says he`s a good author,almost half through and liking it alot so far. I`m a big James Patterson fan,also like Lisa Gardner

#253   2013/01/04 08:02AM
    ghglory

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: It's nice to see this thread again.

I was given book 1 of The Hunger Games for my birthday. I've heard good things about it and I look forward to reading it. Now I don't have to borrow it from my niece.

Have you read my Julia Quinn Series? It's an easy read, you could probably read all 10 books in a month.

No I haven't and I was off for 4 weeks but was working on my masterpiece instead. They're still in the box and I was looking at the box going now would be a good time to read these. LOL

You better read them. I'm on round three of re-reading them. LOL. Also, she just did a collaboration that came out yesterday that I just downloaded and it's in my que to read next.

I know I'm obnoxious about this author but I simply love her.

I did start reading the first book in the series but then I but it down and didn't pick it back up again.

I'll finish reading Game of Thrones and pick up Julia Quinn again.

Jumping in to say that I recently discovered Julia Quinn! I'm loving her Bridgerton series. I have to say that I didn't like the 1st book in the series, the one with Daphne, and I almost stopped there. Fortunately for me I gave the second book a chance, and I loved it! I'm currently reading the fourth book in the series. My favorite historical romance author's Lisa Kleypas -- have you read any of hers? Judith McNaught is amazing, as well.

Have you finished reading the Hunger Games yet? I read all of them, partially because my teenage daughters introduced me to them and also because I wanted to see the movies. Happy reading!

#254   2013/01/04 10:56AM
    anybeth22

Quote ghglory:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

I was given book 1 of The Hunger Games for my birthday. I've heard good things about it and I look forward to reading it. Now I don't have to borrow it from my niece.

Have you read my Julia Quinn Series? It's an easy read, you could probably read all 10 books in a month.

No I haven't and I was off for 4 weeks but was working on my masterpiece instead. They're still in the box and I was looking at the box going now would be a good time to read these. LOL

You better read them. I'm on round three of re-reading them. LOL. Also, she just did a collaboration that came out yesterday that I just downloaded and it's in my que to read next.

I did start reading the first book in the series but then I but it down and didn't pick it back up again.

Jumping in to say that I recently discovered Julia Quinn! I'm loving her Bridgerton series. I have to say that I didn't like the 1st book in the series, the one with Daphne, and I almost stopped there. Fortunately for me I gave the second book a chance, and I loved it! I'm currently reading the fourth book in the series. My favorite historical romance author's Lisa Kleypas -- have you read any of hers? Judith McNaught is amazing, as well.

Have you finished reading the Hunger Games yet? I read all of them, partially because my teenage daughters introduced me to them and also because I wanted to see the movies. Happy reading!

Yay another Julia Quinn fan!

And I agree that the first 1 is the hardest to get invested in. I still love it but it defiantly didn't catch my attention like the others did.

#255   2013/01/04 01:33PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote LiasonSteckyFan:
    Quote anybeth22: My sister got the new JK Rowling book, a Casual Vacancy. She seems to be liking it. Said the reading is so familiar that you think you are reading Harry Potter until the cursing and then you are reminded this isn't a kids book. lol

Hilarious, my husband gave me that book for Christmas! It was pretty good but it just made me miss Harry Potter too much

I also just read Something Borrowed and Something Blue! I loved the movie Something Borrowed so I decided to read the books, which is usually not the kind of books I would go for but I enjoyed them!

I know the name "something Borrowed" but I can't place the movie. Who was in it?

Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin were in it! Its a good one!

#256   2013/01/04 01:35PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote ghglory:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

And I agree that the first 1 is the hardest to get invested in. I still love it but it defiantly didn't catch my attention like the others did.

The Game of Thrones series is sitting in my bookshelf, I haven't cracked the first one open yet lol.

I loved the Hunger Games so much ...... I am getting a new dog in April, his name is going to be Finnick

#257   2013/01/04 08:06PM
    bellasmema

Anything by Nicholas Sparks!!! His books are great, the movies not so much, except for "The Notebook." I can barely even say that word without tearing up.

#258   2013/01/04 08:08PM
    bellasmema

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote JaneDoe: Great thread!

I LOVE to read, and at 37..... I'm a Harry Potter addict too. I think I've read them all about 3 times each, the 7th book probably 5 times.

LOVED the Hunger Games Series too! It is disturbing at times, but very suspenseful and entertaining..... I couldn't put the last one down or stop thinking about it when I wasn't reading it.

Loved the Twilight series too...... I'm such a teen fiction junkie!

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.

LOVE Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.... can't wait to see the "One For the Money" movie.

LOVE most Jennifer Weiner books..... good chick lit!

I would love some good suggestions..... I'm in a book rut. Getting ready to read "The Great Gatsby".

Love Pride and Prejudice.

Liked Twilight too.

I also like Jennifer Weiner's books and Sophie Kinsella.

#259   2013/01/04 08:17PM
    bellasmema

Heard "50 Shades of Gray" is good, but haven't read it yet???

#260   2013/01/05 08:27AM
    ghglory

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote ghglory:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

I'm thinking of going back and trying to finish the 1st book once I finish the series. Maybe I'll enjoy it more since now I "know" the family better.

That's what happened when I read Harry Potter. The second book was my least favorite -- I thought it was slow and dragged on a bit, but then when I went back and reread the series I loved it!

« 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list