List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 11771, Replies: 268
    « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:
    #241   2012/12/27 10:53AM
    Re: Good Books
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: It's nice to see this thread again.

I was given book 1 of The Hunger Games for my birthday. I've heard good things about it and I look forward to reading it. Now I don't have to borrow it from my niece.

Have you read my Julia Quinn Series? It's an easy read, you could probably read all 10 books in a month.

No I haven't and I was off for 4 weeks but was working on my masterpiece instead. They're still in the box and I was looking at the box going now would be a good time to read these. LOL

You better read them. I'm on round three of re-reading them. LOL. Also, she just did a collaboration that came out yesterday that I just downloaded and it's in my que to read next.

I know I'm obnoxious about this author but I simply love her.

I did start reading the first book in the series but then I but it down and didn't pick it back up again.

I'll finish reading Game of Thrones and pick up Julia Quinn again.

#242   2012/12/27 10:55AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe: Just finished "Where We Belong" by Emily Giffin. GREAT book!

alikat - I've made it through 1/2 of "Naked Heat". It's good, just like an episode of Castle!

I bought Naked Heat and Heat Wave for my Dad and his wife for Christmas. I got them the hard cover versions and then bought Heat Rises and Frozen Heat for my dad for his birthday which is on Groundhog Day. They just discovered the show and love it and were really excited that I got them the books. I have all of them but of course they are digital and my parents don't do digital. LOL

Hope you are liking the book.

#243   2012/12/27 01:00PM
    alikat

I don't remember the name of the thread and tried to do a search that resulted in nothing. But my favorite tv show that's not GH is coming back in January. Downton Abbey is starting Season 3 and I cannot wait!!!!

Also, Dallas. WooHoo!!!!

#244   2012/12/30 04:14PM
    anybeth22

Quote alikat: I don't remember the name of the thread and tried to do a search that resulted in nothing. But my favorite tv show that's not GH is coming back in January. Downton Abbey is starting Season 3 and I cannot wait!!!!

Also, Dallas. WooHoo!!!!

LOL I just posted in that thread about Downton and DAllas coming back. I'm very excited. TV has been a let down this season for me.

#245   2012/12/30 04:18PM
    anybeth22

My sister got the new JK Rowling book, a Casual Vacancy. She seems to be liking it. Said the reading is so familiar that you think you are reading Harry Potter until the cursing and then you are reminded this isn't a kids book. lol

#246   2012/12/31 03:13AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat: I don't remember the name of the thread and tried to do a search that resulted in nothing. But my favorite tv show that's not GH is coming back in January. Downton Abbey is starting Season 3 and I cannot wait!!!!

Also, Dallas. WooHoo!!!!

My sister has season 1 of Downton Abbey on DVD and got season 2 for Christmas. I have asked to borrow them from her but I probably won't get them for a couple of months now, seeing as she is due to give birth in two weeks.

#247   2012/12/31 11:20AM
    maja

I'm a big Sue Grafton fan and absolutley love her alphabet murder mystries.She's up to V(for Vengence) now and she's been doing these since the 1980's. In fact her PI is a woman named Kinsey Millhone and the mysteries take place in the 80's.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/31 11:22AM
    #248   2013/01/01 10:27AM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote anybeth22: My sister got the new JK Rowling book, a Casual Vacancy. She seems to be liking it. Said the reading is so familiar that you think you are reading Harry Potter until the cursing and then you are reminded this isn't a kids book. lol

Hilarious, my husband gave me that book for Christmas! It was pretty good but it just made me miss Harry Potter too much

I also just read Something Borrowed and Something Blue! I loved the movie Something Borrowed so I decided to read the books, which is usually not the kind of books I would go for but I enjoyed them!

#249   2013/01/01 11:27AM
    Bizlet

Also, Dallas. WooHoo!!!!

I started watching season 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey on Hulu and love it. I should be through 2 before 3 starts.

The Grandmother is hilarious.

#250   2013/01/01 03:17PM
    anybeth22

Quote Bizlet:

Also, Dallas. WooHoo!!!!

I started watching season 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey on Hulu and love it. I should be through 2 before 3 starts.

The Grandmother is hilarious.

Maggie Smith is AMAZING!

« 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list