List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 12685, Replies: 268
    « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:
    #221   2012/09/10 08:28PM
    Re: Good Books
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote samANDlizFAN: I love Nora Roberts writing under the pen name JD Robb. The newest book Delusions in Death comes out at midnight. I already have it pre ordered on my kindle. So excited.

I didn't know that Nora Roberts wrote under an Alias!

#222   2012/09/10 08:28PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote samhaincat: Richelle Mead is another author I enjoy. I first read the young adult series Vampire Academy and now the subsequent sequel, but she has an adult series that I REALLY like - fantasy, albeit it takes place in present time, "As if love wasn't hard enough! Imagine not being able to touch your boyfriend without sucking away his soul. Welcome to the world of Georgina Kincaid, a reluctant succubus living in Seattle who always seems to find herself in the middle of supernatural intrigue" its actually quite entertaining. FIrst one in the series is:
    1 - Succubus Blues Succubus (n) - An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men.

Pathetic (adj.) - A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.

and yes it has humour as well.

Sounds interesting!

#223   2012/10/22 12:11PM
    JaneDoe

Took forever to find this thread!

I decided to start reading Jane Austen's "Emma" this weekend, I've seen the movie and it was a free Kindle book so I dove in. It never even occurred to me after seeing the movie and never having seen it mentioned before that the 1990's movie Clueless was loosely based on this book until I was reading it! Talk about being clueless .... that's one of my all time favorite movies. What an AHA moment.

#224   2012/10/22 12:29PM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe: Took forever to find this thread!

I decided to start reading Jane Austen's "Emma" this weekend, I've seen the movie and it was a free Kindle book so I dove in. It never even occurred to me after seeing the movie and never having seen it mentioned before that the 1990's movie Clueless was loosely based on this book until I was reading it! Talk about being clueless .... that's one of my all time favorite movies. What an AHA moment.

Oh Jane Austen books are in my "que" to read also. I've never seen the movies "Emma", "Pride and Prejudice" and "Sense & Sensability". I've always wanted to read the books first. I'm horrible about reading a chapter or two and then looking to see if a different books catches my interest quicker. I must have 25 books where I've read the first chapter. LOL

Glad you found this thread though. We had some really great discussions in here.

One author I'm loving right now is Suzanne Enoch. Of course I'm really partial to Historical romances and rarely stray from them.

So Clueless is based on Emma...hmmm it should be a fun read then. Maybe I'll start that this week.

#225   2012/10/23 03:22AM
    Vertigobarbie

It's nice to see this thread again.

I was given book 1 of The Hunger Games for my birthday. I've heard good things about it and I look forward to reading it. Now I don't have to borrow it from my niece.

#226   2012/10/23 05:51AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Vertigobarbie: It's nice to see this thread again.

I was given book 1 of The Hunger Games for my birthday. I've heard good things about it and I look forward to reading it. Now I don't have to borrow it from my niece.

I loved the trilogy! It kept me riveted and I could not wait to get my hands on the next installment as soon as I finished a book.

#227   2012/10/23 05:56AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:

Oh Jane Austen books are in my "que" to read also. I've never seen the movies "Emma", "Pride and Prejudice" and "Sense & Sensability". I've always wanted to read the books first. I'm horrible about reading a chapter or two and then looking to see if a different books catches my interest quicker. I must have 25 books where I've read the first chapter. LOL

Glad you found this thread though. We had some really great discussions in here.

One author I'm loving right now is Suzanne Enoch. Of course I'm really partial to Historical romances and rarely stray from them.

So Clueless is based on Emma...hmmm it should be a fun read then. Maybe I'll start that this week.

Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book! It's the only Jane Austen I've read (multiple times too). I'm still reading Emma now, but it will take a while to finish. I'll probably continue reading it during breaks from other books since I've seen the movie and I know I can pick up where I left off easily. I've also seen a mini series on Sense and Sensibility, but I'm not as interested in reading that book. Right now I'm more interested in the new book I just received!

#228   2012/10/23 08:47AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie: It's nice to see this thread again.

Have you read my Julia Quinn Series? It's an easy read, you could probably read all 10 books in a month.

#229   2012/10/23 08:52AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:

Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book! It's the only Jane Austen I've read (multiple times too). I'm still reading Emma now, but it will take a while to finish. I'll probably continue reading it during breaks from other books since I've seen the movie and I know I can pick up where I left off easily. I've also seen a mini series on Sense and Sensibility, but I'm not as interested in reading that book. Right now I'm more interested in the new book I just received!

Did you get it? I downloaded a few more Jane Austen books last night. You got me thinking about them. Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey. I think I've seen movies or mini series on these two but I'm a glutton for books.

#230   2012/10/23 08:54AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:

Did you get it? I downloaded a few more Jane Austen books last night. You got me thinking about them. Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey. I think I've seen movies or mini series on these two but I'm a glutton for books.

It's loaded and ready to read.... thanks again!

« 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list