List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 10448, Replies: 268
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #11   2012/02/07 05:04PM
    Re: Good Books
    anybeth22

Quote Devil-or-Angel: Think I'm going to like this thread...

I've read the Twilight and HP series several times each.

I am a romance novel junkie so I have read lots of books by lots of different authors including some of those listed above with my favorites being Johanna Lindsey, Victoria Thompson, Teresa Medeiros, Amanda Quick.

My reading likes are diverseo I also love to read mysteries and thrillers like Mary Higgins Clark, Stephen King (my favorite was The Green Mile - read it during a flight and several hour layover from California to Texas), John Grisham, James Patterson...

But I think my absolute favorite book series of all time will always be the first one I ever remember reading...
    Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Yea...I know....that dates me!

Love Little House even had my 1st & 2nd graders read it in class. They loved it. We were able to read first 3.

I also had them read Peter Pan my second favorite book.

Lol always made them read my favorites What a perfect job! Well except the part of hating it.

#12   2012/02/07 05:19PM
    dwja

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to what I read so I will name a few and probably be back with more.

Loving Frank. Its fiction based on fact about the life of Frank.Lloyd Wright.

Secret Life of Bees.

For some classics. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Love Maya Angelou. Love her writing but also went to see her speak in college. She is just such a captivating person.

For a series my two favorites are Lord of the Rings and Flowers in the Attic. (I warned you no rhyme or reason) Just started the series The Girl with the Dragon Tattooe and like the first one.

Oh and the novel equivalent of a ” chick flick” Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons. Love, love love this book.

Ok I'm sure I will be back with more but that is a good start.

#13   2012/02/07 05:27PM
    anybeth22

Have any of you read Wicked? If you have I applaud you. I have tried reading this book 5 times!!! I can't get past part 1. I love the play, love the music to the play but can't for the life of me get into this book.

#14   2012/02/07 05:35PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

I am 27 and also a Harry Potter fan, never started reading them until about 4 years ago. I used to make fun of my brother in law for reading childrens books, he made a bet that if I started reading them I would get hooked. Well he was right, I read all 7 books in about two months lol

I never jumped on the Twilight bandwagon, after I suffered through the first movie, I just couldn't give the books a chance.

I also love the Anne of Green Gables series ( favorite childhood book ) and of course what little girl didn't love the Little House on the Prairie books?

Classics I love are Wuthering Heights, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility.

I am a big fan of true crime novels as well!

#15   2012/02/07 05:56PM
    dwja

Last post for tonight
    Two more non fiction favs.

Angela's Ashes. Just a story about being Irish. I also saw this author speak. He was just as captivating but in a mucn different way then Maya.

Zeitoun. This is a true story about the aftermath of Katrina and a MUST read. You will not believe that this could happen in present day USA. Or at least I couldn't.

#16   2012/02/07 06:08PM
    anybeth22

I have to share since we have been talking about ages and HP.

My dad is 63 and has started reading them. He is on book two and he just called me to tell me that he loves them and can't wait to watch the movies.

#17   2012/02/07 06:46PM
    Devil-or-Angel

Quote dwja: There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to what I read so I will name a few and probably be back with more.

Secret Life of Bees.

Love Maya Angelou. Love her writing but also went to see her speak in college. She is just such a captivating person.

For a series my two favorites are Lord of the Rings and Flowers in the Attic. (I warned you no rhyme or reason) Just started the series The Girl with the Dragon Tattooe and like the first one.

Oh and the novel equivalent of a ” chick flick” Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons. Love, love love this book.

Oh I loved the "Flowers In The Attic" series!

#18   2012/02/07 06:48PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote Devil-or-Angel:
    Quote dwja: There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to what I read so I will name a few and probably be back with more.

Secret Life of Bees.

Oh I loved the "Flowers In The Attic" series!

I also loved the Flowers in the Attic series, I used to really like VC Andrews. My favorite of her series was the "Ruby Landry" series!

#19   2012/02/07 06:50PM
    Devil-or-Angel

Quote dwja: Last post for tonight
    Two more non fiction favs.

Angela's Ashes. Just a story about being Irish. I also saw this author speak. He was just as captivating but in a mucn different way then Maya.

Zeitoun. This is a true story about the aftermath of Katrina and a MUST read. You will not believe that this could happen in present day USA. Or at least I couldn't.

On my last plane ride I read "Memoirs of a Geisha". It was really good and I've been wanting to watch the movie but am afraid I will be disappointed...seems like the book is always better than the movie!

#20   2012/02/07 06:52PM
    asiangal

Quote JaneDoe: Great thread!

Loved the Twilight series too...... I'm such a teen fiction junkie!

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.

This!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list