List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 11754, Replies: 268
    « 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 » »| page:
    #181   2012/03/07 10:06AM
    Re: Good Books
    anybeth22

Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat: I cannot get off of page one of The Shack. I have a feeling this book is going to be like Catcher in the Rye when I was in highschool. Last 300 pages plus book report written on Sunday when due on Monday. BLAH

I think had I NOT known of its religious undertones, I would not be fighting it so hard. *tongue in cheek* I'm just having a devil of a time getting into this and the book club iscussion is in two weeks.

Uh-oh. This does not bode well for me either. The book sat on my shelf for two years collecting dust. Now it is sitting on my desk collecting dust. At least you got to the first page. I can't even seem to do that.

OK - I understand.... I was mad at first reading it because it was different..... I was expecting something like Prayer of Jabez but it is not...... you will not know it has a religious undertone until the end.....

Think of it as a mystery and just start enjoying as a little fast read you can do in an afternoon.......

I don't want to tell you any more... just do it!! (I sound like a Nike commercial......

I don't want to give anything away - but it has a twist..
    OK??

Is it a short book? Ohhhh that makes it better. I can do anything if it's short. It's hard to tell when it's on Kindle. LOL

I've read the Foreword and have started Chapter 1 but I was at my parents and my sister and brother-in-law came over, so I couldn't be rude and read my book I had to participate in the conversation.

We were talking about running away from home as kids and father was telling the story about me packing some clothes in a brown paper bag and grabbing my Barbie's and heading out the door with an envelope in my back pocket. When they asked my where I was going I said I was going home to Canada to live with my Aunt. The envelope had my Aunt's address on it. I was either 5 or 6 at the time. Apparently I tried to run away a lot.

I just checked the book because it was in my purse. The paperback is 275 pages.

The Shack??? 275?? I must have read the Reader's Digest version........ wow.... that little book?? Honestly, I read it one weekend.....

No way!!! Really 275? It doeant look that big.

#182   2012/03/07 10:36AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie: Does anyone have any suggestions for any books?

Ali, I've tried and I just can't get into our current book choice.

Ruh Roh Raggy!!!!! You better not leave me alone in that discussion. MB says it can be read over a weekend so that's my plan for this coming weekend.

#183   2012/03/07 10:39AM
    alikat

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat: I cannot get off of page one of The Shack. I have a feeling this book is going to be like Catcher in the Rye when I was in highschool. Last 300 pages plus book report written on Sunday when due on Monday. BLAH

I think had I NOT known of its religious undertones, I would not be fighting it so hard. *tongue in cheek* I'm just having a devil of a time getting into this and the book club iscussion is in two weeks.

Uh-oh. This does not bode well for me either. The book sat on my shelf for two years collecting dust. Now it is sitting on my desk collecting dust. At least you got to the first page. I can't even seem to do that.

OK - I understand.... I was mad at first reading it because it was different..... I was expecting something like Prayer of Jabez but it is not...... you will not know it has a religious undertone until the end.....

Think of it as a mystery and just start enjoying as a little fast read you can do in an afternoon.......

I don't want to tell you any more... just do it!! (I sound like a Nike commercial......

OK??

Is it a short book? Ohhhh that makes it better. I can do anything if it's short. It's hard to tell when it's on Kindle. LOL

I've read the Foreword and have started Chapter 1 but I was at my parents and my sister and brother-in-law came over, so I couldn't be rude and read my book I had to participate in the conversation.

We were talking about running away from home as kids and father was telling the story about me packing some clothes in a brown paper bag and grabbing my Barbie's and heading out the door with an envelope in my back pocket. When they asked my where I was going I said I was going home to Canada to live with my Aunt. The envelope had my Aunt's address on it. I was either 5 or 6 at the time. Apparently I tried to run away a lot.

The Shack??? 275?? I must have read the Reader's Digest version........ wow.... that little book?? Honestly, I read it one weekend.....

Veggie probably has the large print paperback so it adds pages. However, I did look and there are several version's it appears.

#184   2012/03/07 11:12AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote ghfanfare:

OK??

Veggie probably has the large print paperback so it adds pages. However, I did look and there are several version's it appears.

I do not have the large print version. It's a regular paperback.
    :P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#185   2012/03/07 11:13AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:

Ruh Roh Raggy!!!!! You better not leave me alone in that discussion. MB says it can be read over a weekend so that's my plan for this coming weekend.

Okay I'll give it another try but no promises.

#186   2012/03/08 12:54PM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

You need to text me your address so I can send you a surprise. It's something I've been telling you to do forever and I figure if I give you a push, you'll do it. (No it is not a round trip ticket to Florida...I'm posting this in the Good Books thread )

#187   2012/03/08 12:58PM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

You need to text me your address so I can send you a surprise. It's something I've been telling you to do forever and I figure if I give you a push, you'll do it. (No it is not a round trip ticket to Florida...I'm posting this in the Good Books thread )

I could email to you as well or do you need it faster than that. LOL

#188   2012/03/08 01:05PM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

No email is fine but if you text it to me, then I can just add it to my existing contact. There's no rush but don't take too long. My generosity wanes you know

#189   2012/03/08 01:50PM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:

No email is fine but if you text it to me, then I can just add it to my existing contact. There's no rush but don't take too long. My generosity wanes you know

Should I be worried? I think I am.
    Text is on it's way.

#190   2012/03/14 10:38AM
    anybeth22

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote anybeth22: Anyone that has read and liked Twilight should read city of bones. I havent read the series yet but it's in my pile. I've heard great things about the series. I've heard it's almost as good as HP. I can't think of the author but she started out writing fan fiction. I think that's pretty cool. I read one of her HP stories it was really good.

Ps.
    twitter has really ruined my ability to type in full paragraph form. Lol it's all short sentences now.

Thanks for this suggestion..... I'll have to check it out!

Started reading this a few days ago and am already HOOKED! Thanks.

Oh good! I'm really excited to read them. Like I said her fan fiction was great so i figured her books were too. Just waiting cause she's still writing the series and have so many others to read. Although I better hurry since I believe the first movie comes out this yr.

I started reading it last night and I'm hooked

« 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list