List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 13100, Replies: 268
    « 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:
    #161   2012/03/02 06:49AM
    Re: Good Books
    LiasonSteckyFan

I am finally going to give in and buy an e-reader this weekend! I love actually having the books that I read, but my bookshelf is really full and I don't want to get another one

#162   2012/03/02 07:25AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat: Okay all you KEW fans, I'm just now starting the Flower and the Flame so I'll be ready to have a book discussion soon.

Dang, now I really wish I had found that book when I was looking. It's been at least 5 years since I read it and I need to refresh my memory.

Ali, I can't find the other book you were reading, Simon's Lady. It's not available for download on iBooks, my local Library doesn't have it and it's unavailable online with my book store. I guess I will have to search the used book stores to find it.

#163   2012/03/02 07:26AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote LiasonSteckyFan: I am finally going to give in and buy an e-reader this weekend! I love actually having the books that I read, but my bookshelf is really full and I don't want to get another one

I use iBooks on my iPhone and I downloaded the free Kobo app for my iPhone as well. This way I saved myself the time of researching the various e-readers and the cost of buying one.

#164   2012/03/02 07:40AM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote LiasonSteckyFan: I am finally going to give in and buy an e-reader this weekend! I love actually having the books that I read, but my bookshelf is really full and I don't want to get another one

I use iBooks on my iPhone and I downloaded the free Kobo app for my iPhone as well. This way I saved myself the time of researching the various e-readers and the cost of buying one.

I should get the Kobo app on my Ipad or Ipod, I never even thought of that! Thanks Verti!

#165   2012/03/02 07:42AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat: Okay all you KEW fans, I'm just now starting the Flower and the Flame so I'll be ready to have a book discussion soon.

Dang, now I really wish I had found that book when I was looking. It's been at least 5 years since I read it and I need to refresh my memory.

Ali, I can't find the other book you were reading, Simon's Lady. It's not available for download on iBooks, my local Library doesn't have it and it's unavailable online with my book store. I guess I will have to search the used book stores to find it.

It was a book that I found on Kindle/Amazon.com in recommendations to me (I think).

#166   2012/03/02 08:06AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:

It was a book that I found on Kindle/Amazon.com in recommendations to me (I think).

I hate when that happens. I could try to buy it used online as well, but that usually costs me more in shipping and handling than the actual book. It looks like the book was originally released in 1994.

#167   2012/03/02 09:50AM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:

I hate when that happens. I could try to buy it used online as well, but that usually costs me more in shipping and handling than the actual book. It looks like the book was originally released in 1994.

I also hate when that happens, makes me want the book even more!

#168   2012/03/04 06:46AM
    alikat

I cannot get off of page one of The Shack. I have a feeling this book is going to be like Catcher in the Rye when I was in highschool. Last 300 pages plus book report written on Sunday when due on Monday. BLAH

I think had I NOT known of its religious undertones, I would not be fighting it so hard. *tongue in cheek* I'm just having a devil of a time getting into this and the book club iscussion is in two weeks.

#169   2012/03/04 06:48AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:

Do you want my email log in and password for Kindle? You can read it on my account. And all 145 of my other books.

#170   2012/03/04 09:22AM
    ghfanfare

Quote alikat: I cannot get off of page one of The Shack. I have a feeling this book is going to be like Catcher in the Rye when I was in highschool. Last 300 pages plus book report written on Sunday when due on Monday. BLAH

I think had I NOT known of its religious undertones, I would not be fighting it so hard. *tongue in cheek* I'm just having a devil of a time getting into this and the book club iscussion is in two weeks.

Uh-oh. This does not bode well for me either. The book sat on my shelf for two years collecting dust. Now it is sitting on my desk collecting dust. At least you got to the first page. I can't even seem to do that.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list