List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 13414, Replies: 268
    « 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:
    #141   2012/02/29 10:51AM
    Re: Good Books
    Texas Sunflower

Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Kathleen E Woodiwiss--The Wolf and the Dove--Shanna--A Rose in Winter

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

I think we may have been separated at birth!
    Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

My love of romance is also why I watch soaps.

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

I didn't realize she had passed. How sad. I can't remember what book Christopher Seton is from, can you refresh me?

She passed in July 2007 after a long battle with cancer. Her son had passed a few months before that from the same cancer. Very sad.
    But on a happier note, Christopher Seton/Lord Saxton was the hero of A Rose in Winter. One of her best, IMO.

Thank you. I can't believe it, but I might have missed that one. The onset of menopause has ravaged my memory. Well, even if I have read it, it will seem like a new one.

But that is the joy - it is like we read them again for the first time.... Enjoy.....

(and don't sweat the small stuff with menopause - it will soon be over.... or not!!)

#142   2012/02/29 11:05AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Kathleen E Woodiwiss--The Wolf and the Dove--Shanna--A Rose in Winter

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

I think we may have been separated at birth!
    Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

My love of romance is also why I watch soaps.

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

I didn't realize she had passed. How sad. I can't remember what book Christopher Seton is from, can you refresh me?

She passed in July 2007 after a long battle with cancer. Her son had passed a few months before that from the same cancer. Very sad.
    But on a happier note, Christopher Seton/Lord Saxton was the hero of A Rose in Winter. One of her best, IMO.

I loved each of her books.... but that was a good one also. The Flame and The Flower - her first - will always be my all time favorite...... but they are all good....
    Young teens could read them.... romantic but not slutty - Need to read Rosemary Rogers for smut!!

You want SMUT read Bertrice Small. She's toned it down quite a bit recently but her earlier books, the SMUT is, let's just say that she was the queen of smut.

Veggie....... why shame.... I never knew that about you. I am impressed... I guess a person has to be in the mood.

For the KEW readers..... try the Stephanie Plum books for fun and a touch of smut.. not as romantic as KEW but a fun fast read......

(now I have to go find another book Veggie has mentioned.. mumble, mumble.... do I have any money left in my Kindle account???)

Have a great day peeps..... An hour and half until the new GH begins.......

Bertice Small's first book The Kadin is not smutty at all it's her subsequent books that have all the smut in them. MB I was surprised to find out she's close to my parents age and writting like that.

How could you not know that about me. Charm didn't call me Nasty Girl for nothing.

Why yes, but Charm calls us all Nasty Girl at one time or another.... I thought it meant she loves us?????

Was I wrong..... ha ha.

Who knows if you are wrong. I just know that some of us are worse than others. LOL

#143   2012/02/29 09:54PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

I have never been a fan of romance novels....never really given any "smut" novels a chance, might check out your recommendation Verti! I trust your good taste

#144   2012/02/29 09:57PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

My sister keeps at me to start reading The Hunger Games series, so to shut her up I told her I would give them a chance if she reads the Harry Potter series ...She finally gave up trying to get me to give Twilight a chance, which I may have if I never had watched the first movie.

#145   2012/02/29 10:26PM
    AlyasMom

Quote LiasonSteckyFan: My sister keeps at me to start reading The Hunger Games series, so to shut her up I told her I would give them a chance if she reads the Harry Potter series ...She finally gave up trying to get me to give Twilight a chance, which I may have if I never had watched the first movie.

Last books that I really REALY got sucked into was the Twilight series! Talk about addicted! My family hadnt heard from me in weeks and finally got thru one day I took a brief break (to come up from air) My sister was like, "Where the H!!! you been" I've been calling you!"
    I said "Girl, I been reading those Twlight books! Im an addict!" I never was into those Vampire love tales, Im really into Crime and Punishment books (Anne Rule is my fav)
    but thaose books were AMAZING!
    I think I've read just about every genre of books they got out there, from truly heart-wretching to hilariously funny.

True story...I went to Barnes & Nobles to get some new books to read and realized that I've read just about every book that was on the shelves, except a few that didnt seem to interest me. Oh but you know what, I would like to read the book version of 'The Changeling'...I havent seen the movie version yet, I'd prefer to read about it then decide if I want to watch it.

#146   2012/02/29 10:35PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote AlyasMom:
    Quote LiasonSteckyFan: My sister keeps at me to start reading The Hunger Games series, so to shut her up I told her I would give them a chance if she reads the Harry Potter series ...She finally gave up trying to get me to give Twilight a chance, which I may have if I never had watched the first movie.

Last books that I really REALY got sucked into was the Twilight series! Talk about addicted! My family hadnt heard from me in weeks and finally got thru one day I took a brief break (to come up from air) My sister was like, "Where the H!!! you been" I've been calling you!"
    I said "Girl, I been reading those Twlight books! Im an addict!" I never was into those Vampire love tales, Im really into Crime and Punishment books (Anne Rule is my fav)
    I think I've read just about every genre of books they got out there, from truly heart-wretching to hilariously funny.

True story...I went to Barnes & Nobles to get some new books to read and realized that I've read just about every book that was on the shelves, except a few that didnt seem to interest me. Oh but you know what, I would like to read the book version of 'The Changeling'...I havent seen the movie version yet, I'd prefer to read about it then decide if I want to watch it.

I became totally obsessed with the Harry Potter books when I was reading them, to the point where my husband hide the books so I would eat supper

I sometimes watch movie versions of books I have enjoyed but I really hate it when they drastically change the plot or if a character looks nothing like I had pictured

#147   2012/02/29 10:47PM
    AlyasMom

Quote LiasonSteckyFan:
    Quote AlyasMom:

I became totally obsessed with the Harry Potter books when I was reading them, to the point where my husband hide the books so I would eat supper

I sometimes watch movie versions of books I have enjoyed but I really hate it when they drastically change the plot or if a character looks nothing like I had pictured

I know exactly what you mean....my husband had a little
    "Intervention" with me one night he came home from work.
    He was like, "Babe, step away from the books! I dont want to have to take them from you!" lol

#148   2012/02/29 10:55PM
    RileysMoM

Just finished 3 great books. All by Patricia Matthews Murder Mystery Series.

Chronological order:
    The Scent of Fear
    Vision of Death
    taste of Evil
    Sound of Murder
    Touch of Terror.

Getting ready to start on the last 2 tomorrow. Don't read one without reading Scent of Fear first. It is where every thing starts but after the first one you really don't have to go in order.

Also, last month I read books by Elizabeth Lynn Casey. A series called The "Sewing Circle". Murder mysteries as well. They were all great. Death Threads was the best.

#149   2012/03/01 02:26AM
    Pekeheart

Favorite author Stephanie Meyer for the Twilight Series and for The Host moving coming soon yeah!

#150   2012/03/01 09:36AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote LiasonSteckyFan: I have never been a fan of romance novels....never really given any "smut" novels a chance, might check out your recommendation Verti! I trust your good taste

I hope I don't disappoint you. I've never been able to read Stephen King. I've tried to read his novels but I just can't get through them, so I gave up. Another author I can't read is Danielle Steele. To me all of her novels were exactly the same.

I love Christine Feehan's Dark Series and her Games series. She is one author I never get tired of.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list