List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 13112, Replies: 268
    « 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » »| page:
    #131   2012/02/27 09:09AM
    Re: Good Books
    Texas Sunflower

Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Kathleen E Woodiwiss--The Wolf and the Dove--Shanna--A Rose in Winter

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

I think we may have been separated at birth!
    Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

My love of romance is also why I watch soaps.

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

Thank you for posting... I cries also.... like an aunt or member of the family - she wrote good romance stories about strong women... I fell in love with her...

I am enjoying the Janet Evonawich novels of Stephanie Plum now... she is really good... you might like them....

There are about 18 Stephanie Plum books out now... One For the Money is the first... (the movie didn't do it justice)

But it really gets exciting about book 6 or 7....

LOVE Stephanie Plum!!! You're right, the movie really didn't do it justice, but I loved Kathryn Heigl as Stephanie. Sherry Shepherd and Debbie Reynolds were good too. I wish they had gotten Carrie Fisher to play the mother.

I wonder if it was a tight budget..... KH was good and so was Ranger but the actor (Fringe) was perfect as Morelli....

#132   2012/02/27 09:53AM
    Woodiwiss

Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

I didn't realize she had passed. How sad. I can't remember what book Christopher Seton is from, can you refresh me?

She passed in July 2007 after a long battle with cancer. Her son had passed a few months before that from the same cancer. Very sad.
    But on a happier note, Christopher Seton/Lord Saxton was the hero of A Rose in Winter. One of her best, IMO.

#133   2012/02/27 10:46AM
    NYsunflower

Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

I didn't realize she had passed. How sad. I can't remember what book Christopher Seton is from, can you refresh me?

She passed in July 2007 after a long battle with cancer. Her son had passed a few months before that from the same cancer. Very sad.
    But on a happier note, Christopher Seton/Lord Saxton was the hero of A Rose in Winter. One of her best, IMO.

Thank you. I can't believe it, but I might have missed that one. The onset of menopause has ravaged my memory. Well, even if I have read it, it will seem like a new one.

#134   2012/02/27 11:06AM
    Woodiwiss

Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

Thank you. I can't believe it, but I might have missed that one. The onset of menopause has ravaged my memory. Well, even if I have read it, it will seem like a new one.

Wh-wh-what?!?! You missed A Rose in Winter?? Get thee to a bookstore ASAP! One cannot be a KEW fan and not have read one of her best. You will love Christopher and Erienne from page 1. Guaranteed!

#135   2012/02/27 12:29PM
    Texas Sunflower

Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

I loved each of her books.... but that was a good one also. The Flame and The Flower - her first - will always be my all time favorite...... but they are all good....
    Young teens could read them.... romantic but not slutty - Need to read Rosemary Rogers for smut!!

#136   2012/02/27 01:24PM
    Woodiwiss

Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

I loved each of her books.... but that was a good one also. The Flame and The Flower - her first - will always be my all time favorite...... but they are all good....
    Young teens could read them.... romantic but not slutty - Need to read Rosemary Rogers for smut!!

Rosemary Rogers was a bit too rough for me though I did love Steve Morgan and Ginny Brandon in Sweet Savage Love series. Once I bit the fruit of KEW, RR just didn't cut it for me anymore. Ah, the 70's and all those great historical romance writers. Jude Deveraux was great, too but not as gifted as our KEW.

#137   2012/02/29 09:13AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

You want SMUT read Bertrice Small. She's toned it down quite a bit recently but her earlier books, the SMUT is, let's just say that she was the queen of smut.

#138   2012/02/29 10:38AM
    Texas Sunflower

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

You want SMUT read Bertrice Small. She's toned it down quite a bit recently but her earlier books, the SMUT is, let's just say that she was the queen of smut.

Veggie....... why shame.... I never knew that about you. I am impressed... I guess a person has to be in the mood.

For the KEW readers..... try the Stephanie Plum books for fun and a touch of smut.. not as romantic as KEW but a fun fast read......

(now I have to go find another book Veggie has mentioned.. mumble, mumble.... do I have any money left in my Kindle account???)

Have a great day peeps..... An hour and half until the new GH begins.......

#139   2012/02/29 10:42AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

Veggie....... why shame.... I never knew that about you. I am impressed... I guess a person has to be in the mood.

For the KEW readers..... try the Stephanie Plum books for fun and a touch of smut.. not as romantic as KEW but a fun fast read......

(now I have to go find another book Veggie has mentioned.. mumble, mumble.... do I have any money left in my Kindle account???)

Bertice Small's first book The Kadin is not smutty at all it's her subsequent books that have all the smut in them. MB I was surprised to find out she's close to my parents age and writting like that.

How could you not know that about me. Charm didn't call me Nasty Girl for nothing.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/02/29 10:43AM
    #140   2012/02/29 10:48AM
    Texas Sunflower

Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

Bertice Small's first book The Kadin is not smutty at all it's her subsequent books that have all the smut in them. MB I was surprised to find out she's close to my parents age and writting like that.

How could you not know that about me. Charm didn't call me Nasty Girl for nothing.

Why yes, but Charm calls us all Nasty Girl at one time or another.... I thought it meant she loves us?????

Was I wrong..... ha ha.

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list