List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 12173, Replies: 268
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #121   2012/02/26 12:17PM
    Re: Good Books
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22: *sigh* why can't I just get paid to read all day? I have so many books to read and after this thread so much more.

I should have been an editor.

Yeah but then it would have been a job and not a joy so...I wouldn't want that.

Besides, as an editor, if I ever had to read a Stephen King book I'd be able to file a workers comp suit after that because it would scare the bajeebus out of me.

lol Ali, I actually like some of Stephen Kings stuff, mostly the old stuff. I love The Shawshank Redemption and its actually one of my all time favorite movies!

#122   2012/02/26 04:47PM
    alikat

I am reading a book right now called Simon's Lady by Julie Tetel Andersen.

The more I read it, the more I imagine Jason Mogan and Brenda Barrett as Simon and "his lady"

It's setting is the 1100's England and Simon is an English knight who's a famous and capable warrior. Gweneth is a widow who the king and his mistress decided should marry Simon so he could have her lands and fortify England from the Henry supporters in the North.

She's a spitfire and he's as curt and unsubtle as they come and to top it off, he could care less about anything having to do with the normal comforts of court life, like parties, etc...

It's so much fun to read this when seeing two people and characters I already know.

And the zingers they send verbally are so much fun.

#123   2012/02/26 05:11PM
    Vertigobarbie

Ali this is for you.

I went to get one of my KEW books and I couldn't find The Flame and the Flower or The Wolf and the Dove. Instead I found Shanna, so I'm reading it for the I forget how manyith time. The classics, you never get tired of them.

As for the book you are reading I'll have to check it out.

#124   2012/02/26 05:16PM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie: Ali this is for you.

I went to get one of my KEW books and I couldn't find The Flame and the Flower or The Wolf and the Dove. Instead I found Shanna, so I'm reading it for the I forget how manyith time. The classics, you never get tired of them.

OH NO...have you just misplaced them? I bought and downloaded the KEW book...Flame and the Flower. I'm going to read it next...unless I run out of time and need to read The Shack so I'm prepared. I'm also rereading my Julia Quinn Bridgerton Series so I'm juggling two books at once. But I've found that reading the one in the morning before work with a cup of coffee is nice and then reading the other the rest of the day.

#125   2012/02/26 05:29PM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat:

T
    OH NO...have you just misplaced them? I bought and downloaded the KEW book...Flame and the Flower. I'm going to read it next...unless I run out of time and need to read The Shack so I'm prepared. I'm also rereading my Julia Quinn Bridgerton Series so I'm juggling two books at once. But I've found that reading the one in the morning before work with a cup of coffee is nice and then reading the other the rest of the day.

I hope you aren't reading during work hours.

Like a lot of things I put them away and now I can't find them. LOL
    That's one of the things I hope to get done this week while I'm off. Reorganize my bedroom and the computer room.

#126   2012/02/27 06:08AM
    NYsunflower

I posted this before, but it bears repeating. I think Shanna is the best romance novel ever written.. She is one of my favorite heroines. She's feisty, clever, and downright stubborn. No one is going to get the best of her. That mixed with her youth makes her very impetuous. Getting her into all kinds of trouble. Roarke is a wonderful hero. He too is young and impetuous, and very cocky. It's like the taming of the shrew. They manage to bring each other down a peg or two. Oh, I'm gonna have to pull it out and read it again!

#127   2012/02/27 06:55AM
    Woodiwiss

Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Kathleen E Woodiwiss--The Wolf and the Dove--Shanna--A Rose in Winter

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

I think we may have been separated at birth!
    Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

My love of romance is also why I watch soaps.

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

#128   2012/02/27 07:48AM
    NYsunflower

Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

I didn't realize she had passed. How sad. I can't remember what book Christopher Seton is from, can you refresh me?

#129   2012/02/27 08:52AM
    Texas Sunflower

Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

Thank you for posting... I cries also.... like an aunt or member of the family - she wrote good romance stories about strong women... I fell in love with her...

I am enjoying the Janet Evonawich novels of Stephanie Plum now... she is really good... you might like them....

There are about 18 Stephanie Plum books out now... One For the Money is the first... (the movie didn't do it justice)

But it really gets exciting about book 6 or 7....

#130   2012/02/27 09:05AM
    NYsunflower

Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Woodiwiss:
    Quote NYsunflower:

Thank you for posting... I cries also.... like an aunt or member of the family - she wrote good romance stories about strong women... I fell in love with her...

I am enjoying the Janet Evonawich novels of Stephanie Plum now... she is really good... you might like them....

There are about 18 Stephanie Plum books out now... One For the Money is the first... (the movie didn't do it justice)

But it really gets exciting about book 6 or 7....

LOVE Stephanie Plum!!! You're right, the movie really didn't do it justice, but I loved Kathryn Heigl as Stephanie. Sherry Shepherd and Debbie Reynolds were good too. I wish they had gotten Carrie Fisher to play the mother.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list