List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 10437, Replies: 268
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:
    #91   2012/02/17 10:29AM
    Re: Good Books
    anybeth22

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote anybeth22: Anyone that has read and liked Twilight should read city of bones. I havent read the series yet but it's in my pile. I've heard great things about the series. I've heard it's almost as good as HP. I can't think of the author but she started out writing fan fiction. I think that's pretty cool. I read one of her HP stories it was really good.

Ps.
    twitter has really ruined my ability to type in full paragraph form. Lol it's all short sentences now.

Thanks for this suggestion..... I'll have to check it out!

Started reading this a few days ago and am already HOOKED! Thanks.

Oh good! I'm really excited to read them. Like I said her fan fiction was great so i figured her books were too. Just waiting cause she's still writing the series and have so many others to read. Although I better hurry since I believe the first movie comes out this yr.

#92   2012/02/17 10:46AM
    samANDlizFAN

I am currently reading James pattersons women's murder club series. There was a series on tv based on this a few years ago and I loved the show was sad when it ended.

I also enjoy Kathy reichs which is what the show bones is loosely based on

My all time favorite reads are by Julie garwood (early writings) the bride, the wedding, the prize, saving grace, the gift, and many more I can't think of right now. And also the J. D. Robb series. These books are awesome. I usually read them in a day on the day they come out.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/02/17 10:48AM
    #93   2012/02/18 11:56AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote lemone: 'heartbreaking' non fiction
    long way gone - ishmael beah

'pure fluff' fiction
    dead until dark (series) - charlaine harris

Hey lemone,
    I loved the first few books in the dead series but now I have a hard time getting into them. I may have to wait and trying reading them again at a later date.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/02/18 11:58AM
    #94   2012/02/19 05:41AM
    Monkey83

I haven't posted in a long time, but I read the board every day and thought this was the perfect thread for me to start posting in again.

I love, love, love the Twilight series.. HUGE, HUGE fan!!
    Also a huge fan of Harry Potter. (I even have Twilight and Harry Potter tattoos)
    And I read the Hunger Games series in less than a week. Can't wait for the movie.
    I also really enjoy James Patterson. I have a whole bookcase reserved for his books. I'm behind in his series but I'm trying to get caught up.

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. I like Phillipa Gregory. She wrote the Other Bolyn Girl. (Sorry if I spelled it wrong) I'll loved Water for Elephants and recommend Watership Down. Its a sad book but really great nonetheless.
    When I was younger, like Jr High, I read VC Andrews books. I read more t han other students. My teacher was worried about the content lol.

Oh, since many others disclosed ages I will too, I'll be in 29 in May.

#95   2012/02/19 11:41AM
    ransomha

Quote Monkey83: I haven't posted in a long time, but I read the board every day and thought this was the perfect thread for me to start posting in again.

Also a huge fan of Harry Potter. (I even have Twilight and Harry Potter tattoos)
    And I read the Hunger Games series in less than a week. Can't wait for the movie.
    I also really enjoy James Patterson. I have a whole bookcase reserved for his books. I'm behind in his series but I'm trying to get caught up.

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. I like Phillipa Gregory. She wrote the Other Bolyn Girl. (Sorry if I spelled it wrong) I'll loved Water for Elephants and recommend Watership Down. Its a sad book but really great nonetheless.
    When I was younger, like Jr High, I read VC Andrews books. I read more t han other students. My teacher was worried about the content lol.

I too read VC Andrews as a kid. Like 13-15. I think she's been dead for like over 20 years and a ghost writer uses her name for the last few books that came out in her name.

#96   2012/02/19 02:35PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote lemone: 'heartbreaking' non fiction
    long way gone - ishmael beah

'pure fluff' fiction
    dead until dark (series) - charlaine harris

A Long Way Gone, broke my heart but it was a very powerful book that I think ppl should read. That is the first book I ever read to bring tears to my eyes. ( Ok I admit that when a certain character died in the Harry Potter series I cried, but thats totally different lol )

Other true crime books that made me stop and think:
    Prisoner of Tehran by Marina Nemat
    Escape by Carolyn Jessop
    Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi

There are tons more, I just don't want to ramble lol

#97   2012/02/19 02:37PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote Monkey83: I haven't posted in a long time, but I read the board every day and thought this was the perfect thread for me to start posting in again.

I too enjoyed VC Andrews when I was in highschool, but after a couple of series, I kinda got annoyed with all the "family love"...if you know what I mean

#98   2012/02/19 04:00PM
    NYsunflower

I love the J D Robb books also. Read them in a day as well along with the Stephanie Plum books. Leslie Glass's April Woo books are really good too,but she hasn't written a new one in a while.

Pride and Prejudice is way at the top of my list but my favorite book is The Lorax. It had a profound affect on me as a child. Can' wait to see the movie. And I admit, I'm 29. OK-----49. Just.

#99   2012/02/19 09:47PM
    Monkey83

Quote ransomha:

I too read VC Andrews as a kid. Like 13-15. I think she's been dead for like over 20 years and a ghost writer uses her name for the last few books that came out in her name.

I didn't know that. I haven't read any new books. I don't remember the last series I read of hers, but I know the last series I tried reading I couldn't get past the first book.

#100   2012/02/20 08:42AM
    alikat

Okay Theresao, Woodiwiss and Veggie...I have downloaded the book The Flame & The Flower. I'm reading a book called Simon's Lady right now so probably when I'm done with that book, I'll start on the KEW book.

Once I'm done reading it we can have a little mini book discussion.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list