List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Good Books

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good Books

Started by anybeth22 at 2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 06:14AM, Views: 12951, Replies: 268
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2012/02/07 11:22AM
    Good Books
    anybeth22

Thought since the favorite tv show thread was such a success I'd try a book one. See what else we all have in common or not.

I personally love to read and like to collect books so if I find an author I like I get everything they write.

I love and have all Julie Garwood, and Julia Quinn books.
    Also all Catherine Coulters time pieces.

Beverly Lewis and Janette Oke are favorites.

(yes I know it's weird that I go from trashy romance fiction to Christian fiction but I love them all lol )

My favorite book is Anne of Green Gables. It was the first story I remember reading with my mom and it's still as wonderful to read now as it was then.

Huckleberry Finn is another classic I love.

Im 28 yrs old but I love the Harry Potter books. I never read the books until 2 weeks before the last one came out. My sister was bugging me to read them and I told her I didn't want to read them till all of them were out. She said "the 7th is out in 2 weeks. It's not like you can read them all before that" I took that as a challenge and read 6 books in 5 days

I've heard the Hunger Games are a must read but I don't know if I can handle reading about kids killing kids.

Ok now that I've rambled on and on It's your turn

#2   2012/02/07 11:43AM
    Re: Good Books
    JaneDoe

Great thread!

I LOVE to read, and at 37..... I'm a Harry Potter addict too. I think I've read them all about 3 times each, the 7th book probably 5 times.

LOVED the Hunger Games Series too! It is disturbing at times, but very suspenseful and entertaining..... I couldn't put the last one down or stop thinking about it when I wasn't reading it.

Loved the Twilight series too...... I'm such a teen fiction junkie!

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.

LOVE Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.... can't wait to see the "One For the Money" movie.

LOVE most Jennifer Weiner books..... good chick lit!

I would love some good suggestions..... I'm in a book rut. Getting ready to read "The Great Gatsby".

#3   2012/02/07 11:59AM
    ransomha

Water for Elephants. fantastic read.

#4   2012/02/07 12:06PM
    JaneDoe

Quote ransomha: Water for Elephants. fantastic read.

Forgot that one.... excellent book!

#5   2012/02/07 02:38PM
    stagwood

I love Janet Evonovich and have read all her books. JD, I went to see the movie the day it was released. Entertaining movie, but I'll take the book any day.

Also, I've read all of John Grisham's books.

#6   2012/02/07 02:39PM
    stagwood

I love Janet Evonovich and have read all her books. JD, I went to see the movie the day it was released. Entertaining movie, but I'll take the book any day.

#7   2012/02/07 03:13PM
    countrylivin

Quote stagwood: I love Janet Evonovich and have read all her books. JD, I went to see the movie the day it was released. Entertaining movie, but I'll take the book any day.

I have read all the Stephanie Plum books but haven't seen the movie yet. I am having a hard time with Katherine Heigl playing Stephanie. She isn't at all like I have pictured her over the years. Debbie Reynolds as the grandma is a bit hard for me too as I had always pictured her like Yetta on The Nanny.
    Love John Grisham books and have read all of Sue Grafton's books. Looking forward to the next one.

#8   2012/02/07 04:38PM
    Devil-or-Angel

Think I'm going to like this thread...

I've read the Twilight and HP series several times each.

I am a romance novel junkie so I have read lots of books by lots of different authors including some of those listed above with my favorites being Johanna Lindsey, Victoria Thompson, Teresa Medeiros, Amanda Quick.

My reading likes are diverseo I also love to read mysteries and thrillers like Mary Higgins Clark, Stephen King (my favorite was The Green Mile - read it during a flight and several hour layover from California to Texas), John Grisham, James Patterson...

But I think my absolute favorite book series of all time will always be the first one I ever remember reading...
    Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Yea...I know....that dates me!

#9   2012/02/07 04:52PM
    anybeth22

Quote JaneDoe: Great thread!

I LOVE to read, and at 37..... I'm a Harry Potter addict too. I think I've read them all about 3 times each, the 7th book probably 5 times.

LOVED the Hunger Games Series too! It is disturbing at times, but very suspenseful and entertaining..... I couldn't put the last one down or stop thinking about it when I wasn't reading it.

Loved the Twilight series too...... I'm such a teen fiction junkie!

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.

LOVE Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.... can't wait to see the "One For the Money" movie.

LOVE most Jennifer Weiner books..... good chick lit!

I would love some good suggestions..... I'm in a book rut. Getting ready to read "The Great Gatsby".

Love Pride and Prejudice.

Liked Twilight too.

#10   2012/02/07 04:57PM
    anybeth22

Quote countrylivin:
    Quote stagwood: I love Janet Evonovich and have read all her books. JD, I went to see the movie the day it was released. Entertaining movie, but I'll take the book any day.

I have read all the Stephanie Plum books but haven't seen the movie yet. I am having a hard time with Katherine Heigl playing Stephanie. She isn't at all like I have pictured her over the years. Debbie Reynolds as the grandma is a bit hard for me too as I had always pictured her like Yetta on The Nanny.
    Love John Grisham books and have read all of Sue Grafton's books. Looking forward to the next one.

I have one for the money in my pile of books to read. I heard it was good but I admit the movie is tuning me out of reading it. Not a KH fan and have no interest to see it. I'm sure eventually I'll read it but for now I've set it towards the bottom of the pile.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list