List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/11/14 11:17AM, Views: 23334, Replies: 495
    « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:
    #81   2012/01/10 10:23AM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    anybeth22

Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22:
    Quote alikat: I love the show Blue Bloods and I follow Donnie Wahlberg on twitter. When the show went back to work after the holiday, he tweeted

Time to shave the mustache. There can only be ONE mustache on Blue Bloods.

I nearly pizzed myself laughing. Because Tom Selleck is SO

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I really love Blue Bloods. It's very well written and the family is awesome.

I was never a "boy band" fan. Of course at 41, New Kids on the Block were just after my age and Menudo was NOT something I was EVER going to like. I don't really care much for "pop" music anyway.

BUT, I have loved anything and everything Donnie Wahlberg has done since. He's been in some awesome movies.

And I just got the first season of Blue Bloods through ebay right before Christmas. I agree with you, the show is so well written and the family dynamics are truly awesome.

I must say, I was glad they worked through partners for Danny Regan because I wasn't warming up to the first two. This one, Jackie, is the perfect partner and I love Jennifer Esposito. <--- I predict a fling at some point. Especially after the episode where she was pretending to be the hooker and almost died. I thought he was going to kiss her in that room.

And, of course, I've been in love with Will Estes (Jaime Regan) since American Dreams tv show. <-- A show that never should have been cancelled.

I agree about Jackie. They work really well together. I hope they don't go romantic with them. 1) because I don't want it to ruin their working environment and 2) because I love the fact that he's married and loves his wife. So rare in drama tv. Very refreshing to see a committed couple that struggles but work through it. There was that line that a some creep asked Danny if he had a girlfriend on the side and said he should cause he'd love it and Danny came back with "try being married. You'll love it" or something in that regards. Anyway I thought it was an awesome line.

But I have noticed that Linda has been having a hard time with the danger of his job lately. I'm thinking they will split for awhile and it will go the Jackie/Danny route.

Now in regards to Will Estes... I LOVE HIM!!! I've loved him since I was a little kid and watching the new Lassie then he was on Kirk and then on American Dreams( I agree should not have been cancelled) and then Reunion. Recently he just did a movie, and I can't think of the name of it, but my gorgeous Christian Kane was also in it. Pretty good not great but watchable.

#82   2012/01/10 10:30AM
    alikat

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22:
    Quote alikat: I love the show Blue Bloods and I follow Donnie Wahlberg on twitter. When the show went back to work after the holiday, he tweeted

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I was never a "boy band" fan. Of course at 41, New Kids on the Block were just after my age and Menudo was NOT something I was EVER going to like. I don't really care much for "pop" music anyway.

BUT, I have loved anything and everything Donnie Wahlberg has done since. He's been in some awesome movies.

And I just got the first season of Blue Bloods through ebay right before Christmas. I agree with you, the show is so well written and the family dynamics are truly awesome.

I must say, I was glad they worked through partners for Danny Regan because I wasn't warming up to the first two. This one, Jackie, is the perfect partner and I love Jennifer Esposito. <--- I predict a fling at some point. Especially after the episode where she was pretending to be the hooker and almost died. I thought he was going to kiss her in that room.

And, of course, I've been in love with Will Estes (Jaime Regan) since American Dreams tv show. <-- A show that never should have been cancelled.

I agree about Jackie. They work really well together. I hope they don't go romantic with them. 1) because I don't want it to ruin their working environment and 2) because I love the fact that he's married and loves his wife. So rare in drama tv. Very refreshing to see a committed couple that struggles but work through it. There was that line that a some creep asked Danny if he had a girlfriend on the side and said he should cause he'd love it and Danny came back with "try being married. You'll love it" or something in that regards. Anyway I thought it was an awesome line.

But I have noticed that Linda has been having a hard time with the danger of his job lately. I'm thinking they will split for awhile and it will go the Jackie/Danny route.

Now in regards to Will Estes... I LOVE HIM!!! I've loved him since I was a little kid and watching the new Lassie then he was on Kirk and then on American Dreams( I agree should not have been cancelled) and then Reunion. Recently he just did a movie, and I can't think of the name of it, but my gorgeous Christian Kane was also in it. Pretty good not great but watchable.

Yeah, you know...it's highly possible that it will be Linda who cheats. Remember their "sex weekend" and Danny was so preoccupied with the case?...well maybe that's what will cause the split/troubles and Danny will have an oopsie.

One thing I know, I like the dynamics of those two as detectives so if something DOES happen, I want it to be one of those one time things and then they have to work together and we get to see that uncomfortable vibe...eventually, of course, it would/could come to a head if/when Jennifer Esposito leaves then they play it like she's in love with him and has been in love with him but respects his marriage...of course the whole next season is the work Linda and Danny would have to do to fix their marriage.

I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

#83   2012/01/10 10:41AM
    anybeth22

Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22:

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

Yeah, you know...it's highly possible that it will be Linda who cheats. Remember their "sex weekend" and Danny was so preoccupied with the case?...well maybe that's what will cause the split/troubles and Danny will have an oopsie.

One thing I know, I like the dynamics of those two as detectives so if something DOES happen, I want it to be one of those one time things and then they have to work together and we get to see that uncomfortable vibe...eventually, of course, it would/could come to a head if/when Jennifer Esposito leaves then they play it like she's in love with him and has been in love with him but respects his marriage...of course the whole next season is the work Linda and Danny would have to do to fix their marriage.

I think it wil happen eventually and your way sounds good

Nikki needs her first boyfriend. It would be hilarious. Remember the double date that Erin spied on. Lol could you imagine the poor boy going to Sunday dinner with all of them.

I'm interested in Jamies mob story. Him getting beat up is just the start of the danger. It's gonna get good.

#84   2012/01/10 12:17PM
    alikat

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote anybeth22:

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I think it wil happen eventually and your way sounds good

Nikki needs her first boyfriend. It would be hilarious. Remember the double date that Erin spied on. Lol could you imagine the poor boy going to Sunday dinner with all of them.

I'm interested in Jamies mob story. Him getting beat up is just the start of the danger. It's gonna get good.

Yeah and I hope that one Mayor's spokesperson or whatever she is, she's played by an old soap actress (Noelle Beck) becomes a love interest for Commissioner Regan. Actually, I'd like them to get an older actress. Have him find a woman his age. But with this woman, if it became serious, I could see a problem between her and Erin. Erin has been the one on Daddy's arm, going to dinner, taking care of him since her mother died. Now to have to step back and watch someone else not only take her place but her mothers? Hmmmm pretty big lump to swallow.

#85   2012/01/10 12:51PM
    enad19

Ooohhh, this is a good topic!

My all time faves are:

Nurse Jackie
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    Ringer
    Bones
    A Game of Thrones
    Shameless (US version)
    Castle
    Hart of Dixie
    Nikita
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    JUSTIFIED
    Torchwood
    Being Human (US version)

#86   2012/01/10 01:16PM
    alikat

Quote enad19: Ooohhh, this is a good topic!

My all time faves are:

Nurse Jackie
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    Ringer
    Bones
    A Game of Thrones
    Shameless (US version)
    Castle
    Hart of Dixie
    Nikita
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    JUSTIFIED
    Torchwood
    Being Human (US version)

Well hey stranger!!! How the heck have you been? Long LONG time no see.

See, NM, JD and I start singing the Kunbaya song and we get a couple of oldies but goodies popping in.

Isn't Suburgatory just the little engine that could comedy of the season? It started out kind of slow but the quirkiness has become endearing and the humor sneaks up and grabs on strong.

#87   2012/01/11 07:16AM
    enad19

Quote alikat:

My all time faves are:

Nurse Jackie
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    Ringer
    Bones
    A Game of Thrones
    Shameless (US version)
    Castle
    Hart of Dixie
    Nikita
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    JUSTIFIED
    Torchwood
    Being Human (US version)

Well hey stranger!!! How the heck have you been? Long LONG time no see.

See, NM, JD and I start singing the Kunbaya song and we get a couple of oldies but goodies popping in.

Isn't Suburgatory just the little engine that could comedy of the season? It started out kind of slow but the quirkiness has become endearing and the humor sneaks up and grabs on strong.

You're Kumbaya song certainly worked, because if it wasn't for this non-GH thread, I wouldn't have posted. So keep chanting sister!

I adore Suburgatory so much. I actually missed the first few episodes because I thought it was just another The Middle on hormones, but boy was I ever wrong! Jeremy Sisto is adorable and I've been a fan of Jane Levy since she guest starred on Shameless last season.

#88   2012/01/11 07:58AM
    alikat

Quote enad19:
    Quote alikat: Well hey stranger!!! How the heck have you been? Long LONG time no see.

You're Kumbaya song certainly worked, because if it wasn't for this non-GH thread, I wouldn't have posted. So keep chanting sister!

I adore Suburgatory so much. I actually missed the first few episodes because I thought it was just another The Middle on hormones, but boy was I ever wrong! Jeremy Sisto is adorable and I've been a fan of Jane Levy since she guest starred on Shameless last season.

I do not watch The Middle. I never got into it.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2012/01/11 08:01AM
    #89   2012/01/11 08:19AM
    ghfanfare

My all time faves are:

Nurse Jackie
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    Ringer
    Bones
    A Game of Thrones
    Shameless (US version)
    Castle
    Hart of Dixie
    Nikita
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    JUSTIFIED
    Torchwood
    Being Human (US version)

Another Justified fan?! Me, too! That is the best show. Timothy Oliphant is a pleasure to watch.

#90   2012/01/11 08:22AM
    ghfanfare

Quote asiangal:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote asiangal:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote asiangal: Finally caught up on all the episodes of The Secret Circle. Love the show. That is added on my list of Favorite TV show. For those of you who watched DOOL, the actress (ex-Stephanie), is one of the main cast in this show.

I am hooked on The Secret Circle, too. Looking forward to season two.

Did the head witch hunter say to Jake on the boat that Cassie is not the only child of the Blackwell at the end of the last episode? I was not sure I heard correctly. If it is so, who do you think the other child is? I am guessing it could be Faye.

It's been a month or so since I watched the last episode, but yes, they did say something like that and I was also under the impression it was Faye.

It looks like the new episodes start tomorrow night!

oh good. I thought I heard wrong. LOL.

I can't wait either!. I won't be able to watch live, but I will be able to catch up on it by weekend

Are you caught up yet? The end of last week's episode was a BIG surprise!

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list