List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/14 09:50PM, Views: 22332, Replies: 490
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2011/12/31 12:27PM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    anybeth22

Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: I don't really watch that many TV shows, although we watch quite a few movies. My new favorite show is American Horrore Story I can't wait for the new season! I also like NCIS, Ghost Hunters and Dancing with the Stars.

i have a friend like you. She doesn't watch much tv. To the point that when she didn't have a roommate, she didn't even have cable tv. She said it wasn't worth the money for her because she rarely watched tv. She's single and she dog sits at peoples houses when they go out of town (like me last week) she said most people have DVR's nowadays and if there's a particular show she likes, she watches it on On Demand when she's dog sitting.

I would die, I think.

A few years ago I didn't have cable cause everything was online and I couldn't see paying for cable. But I'd always forget so I missed most shows. It ended up I stopped watching tv. But now that I live with my sis I've gotten addicted tv. It's so bad! I have a stack of books to read that I haven't touched lol I used to read a book a night now I can't read one in months. I blame tv

#52   2011/12/31 12:33PM
    anybeth22

Quote alikat:
    Quote theresao:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote theresao: Castle
    Revenge
    Once upon a time
    Body of Proof
    The Good Wife
    Hawaii 50
    NCIS
    NCIS LA
    CSI NY
    Criminal Minds
    The Mentalist
    Person of Interest
    The Big Bang Theory

Crap...Thanks to On Demand (and my DVR) I watch way too much TV.

Oops forgot. Blue Bloods and Survivor and Chopped. Sheesh. I need to get a life

Oh, I forgot Castle. I love that show so much!!!!

And I like Hawaii 5-0 too.

theresao, I'm like you, I watch a lot of TV. Back before DVR's with taping nighttime shows and my soaps...I'd have to make a spreadsheet to figure out which vcr tapes which shows and when those tapes had to be exchanged. My hubby thought I was a kookball but also appreciated when we'd miss a night time show he liked and it was on tape.

Law & Order is an all time fav too. I watch every Saturday and Sunday on TNT

Alikat, L&O and L&O SVU are old favs as well. I also watch a lot of the shows on abc.com and cbs.com. I just take my laptop into whatever room I'm going to be working in and stream the shows. And now with my iPad i can get caught up on the road. That's really bad but since SO always wants to watch sports I have to watch "my shows" when I can.

I never got into SVU. My fav time of the day (like what I'm doing right noW) is TV on, Law and Order just ended so I'll turn on something on the DVR. Laptop in lap and I go back and forth between surfing/posting online, games like backgammon or solitaire and reading my book on my Kindle for PC.

I have watched tv on my iPhone through Netflix. I love History Channel and National Geographis for their Documentaries. Recently I watched America: The Story of Us and I have to say it was brilliantly done. From the Mayflower to the First Black President and everything in between, it was really good.

I love the history channel too. America was great. Like Alli said brilliantly done. I was able to work it into my 2nd graders history (not the violent parts). They really enjoyed it.

#53   2011/12/31 12:34PM
    anybeth22

Quote fireball:
    Quote anybeth22: Once Upon A Time
    Leverage
    Hart of Dixie
    How I Met Your Mother
    One Tree Hill
    Modern Family
    Revenge
    Big Bang Theory
    Grey's Anatomy
    Blue Bloods

Also old shows I loved and always watch reruns of:

Angel
    Firefly
    Arrested Development
    Friends

Love Heart of Dixie

It's addicting

#54   2011/12/31 01:20PM
    PC_SALEM0106

As an avid watcher my favs are:
    One Tree Hill
    Chuck
    Nikita
    How I met your mother
    2 broke girls
    Criminal Minds
    Glee
    Dexter
    Vampire Diaries
    True Blood
    Big Bang Theory

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/31 01:21PM
    #55   2012/01/02 01:09AM
    hayleedog

CSI
    The Closer
    Mike and Molly
    Two Broke Girls
    Criminal minds
    Hawaii five o
    body of evidence
    first 48
    nfl

#56   2012/01/02 05:56AM
    alikat

Quote anybeth22:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote theresao:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote theresao: Castle
    Revenge
    Once upon a time
    Body of Proof
    The Good Wife
    Hawaii 50
    NCIS
    NCIS LA
    CSI NY
    Criminal Minds
    The Mentalist
    Person of Interest
    The Big Bang Theory

Crap...Thanks to On Demand (and my DVR) I watch way too much TV.

Oops forgot. Blue Bloods and Survivor and Chopped. Sheesh. I need to get a life

Oh, I forgot Castle. I love that show so much!!!!

And I like Hawaii 5-0 too.

theresao, I'm like you, I watch a lot of TV. Back before DVR's with taping nighttime shows and my soaps...I'd have to make a spreadsheet to figure out which vcr tapes which shows and when those tapes had to be exchanged. My hubby thought I was a kookball but also appreciated when we'd miss a night time show he liked and it was on tape.

Law & Order is an all time fav too. I watch every Saturday and Sunday on TNT

Alikat, L&O and L&O SVU are old favs as well. I also watch a lot of the shows on abc.com and cbs.com. I just take my laptop into whatever room I'm going to be working in and stream the shows. And now with my iPad i can get caught up on the road. That's really bad but since SO always wants to watch sports I have to watch "my shows" when I can.

I never got into SVU. My fav time of the day (like what I'm doing right noW) is TV on, Law and Order just ended so I'll turn on something on the DVR. Laptop in lap and I go back and forth between surfing/posting online, games like backgammon or solitaire and reading my book on my Kindle for PC.

I have watched tv on my iPhone through Netflix. I love History Channel and National Geographis for their Documentaries. Recently I watched America: The Story of Us and I have to say it was brilliantly done. From the Mayflower to the First Black President and everything in between, it was really good.

I love the history channel too. America was great. Like Alli said brilliantly done. I was able to work it into my 2nd graders history (not the violent parts). They really enjoyed it.

You know, that's honestly what I thought. That the documentary was so well done, it should be required viewing by all American History students. (Older, like 10th grade or something because of the violent parts, like you said.)

#57   2012/01/02 05:58AM
    alikat

Quote hayleedog: CSI
    The Closer
    Mike and Molly
    Two Broke Girls
    Criminal minds
    Hawaii five o
    body of evidence
    first 48
    nfl

Ohhh I like First 48. I stream that on my iPhone through AT&T Uverse app. I listen to it at work.

#58   2012/01/02 07:50AM
    alikat

LOL...you know a lot of our favorite tv shows "that is not a soap" are in all actuality, a soap.

My ex used to call Wrestling "soap opera's for men" and he's not too far off the mark.

Even some of the reality shows are very much soap operas. Especially since we know that they are heavily scripted, they are more in the soap genre than any other television genre. Except maybe Survivor or Amazing Race or American Idol and those type "reality" shows. Although those are much less scripted than say...Jersey Shore, Bridezilla's, Housewives, etc...

#59   2012/01/02 04:54PM
    KEY GIRL

THE GOOD WIFE IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOW ON TV

#60   2012/01/03 07:31AM
    JaneDoe

I'm an ABC girl through and through....

Desperate Housewives
    Castle - My Favorite!
    The Middle
    Modern Family

I hate reality shows for the most part, but I like American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Storage Wars. Guess I like seeing the value of random stuff, lol. My hubby has also got me hooked on Swamp People...... this show just cracks me up. Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives also interests me when nothing else is on.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list