List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/11 12:08PM, Views: 20432, Replies: 466
    « 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:
    #431   2013/11/05 10:12AM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    ghfanfare

Everyone I know loves Modern Family but unfortunately I am unable to watch that one because of the camera work.

Many of the newer comedies, starting with The Office, now use the technique of jerking the camera around, switching back and forth every second between scenes, and particularly panning in and out. It totally gives me motion sickness! I just cannot watch any of the shows that do that.

#432   2013/11/05 10:34AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe: CASTLE!

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

The Goldburgs is the only new show I've started watching this season.... it is REALLY funny.

I didn't like The Goldburgs. But to each his own, for sure. Modern Family is still one of the best comedies on. And of course Castle...have you noticed a few more "Storm" series books are on Kindle and he's got a 5th Heat book out.

I didn't like the first show as much as the ones that have followed. It's one of those that I watch if I can, but I do not DVR it. Modern Family and Castle are both my favorites! I haven't checked out the Storm books. I've only read the one you lent me. I admit that I like watching the series better than reading the book. Did you ever get around to reading them?

LOL, you're going to laugh at me. I now own all of them but haven't read any of them (althought I've read the first chapter of the first Nikki Heat book)

#433   2013/11/05 10:41AM
    JaneDoe

Quote ghfanfare: Everyone I know loves Modern Family but unfortunately I am unable to watch that one because of the camera work.

Many of the newer comedies, starting with The Office, now use the technique of jerking the camera around, switching back and forth every second between scenes, and particularly panning in and out. It totally gives me motion sickness! I just cannot watch any of the shows that do that.

I hate that ghfanfare! You are missing such a great show.

#434   2013/11/05 10:44AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

The Goldburgs is the only new show I've started watching this season.... it is REALLY funny.

I didn't like The Goldburgs. But to each his own, for sure. Modern Family is still one of the best comedies on. And of course Castle...have you noticed a few more "Storm" series books are on Kindle and he's got a 5th Heat book out.

I didn't like the first show as much as the ones that have followed. It's one of those that I watch if I can, but I do not DVR it. Modern Family and Castle are both my favorites! I haven't checked out the Storm books. I've only read the one you lent me. I admit that I like watching the series better than reading the book. Did you ever get around to reading them?

LOL, you're going to laugh at me. I now own all of them but haven't read any of them (althought I've read the first chapter of the first Nikki Heat book)

It wasn't a bad book at all, but I think after watching the series that is based on the fictional writing of the books.... it was confusing and hard to separate the two.

#435   2013/11/05 11:12AM
    akita

King of queens
    Oprahs next chapter
    Hgtv-the novagratz
    High low
    Law and order-all
    Shark tank
    National geographic
    All -housewives
    Anything in fashion
    The Flintstones
    Boxing/mma
    And many more

#436   2013/11/05 01:07PM
    alikat

Quote Bizlet:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Bizlet:

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

Love
    Castle
    Modern Family
    My two favorite new shows are Sleepyhollow and the Goldburgs. .

I've heard a lot of people like Sleepy Hollow...I may have to check it out. Is it something I can just jump into, or do I need to watch it from the beginning?

I would recommend watching it from the beginning.

I just watched the Pilot (1st episode). You have to pay to watch it. Not much though. $1.99 <--but no commercials so that's a plus. Now I'm watching Episode 2 "Blood Moon"

Paranormal is not my cup of tea but there's quite a quirkiness in the show. I'm going to watch the next few episodes and then decide if it goes on the DVR.

#437   2013/11/05 01:21PM
    Bizlet

Quote alikat:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Bizlet:

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

Love
    Castle
    Modern Family
    My two favorite new shows are Sleepyhollow and the Goldburgs. .

I've heard a lot of people like Sleepy Hollow...I may have to check it out. Is it something I can just jump into, or do I need to watch it from the beginning?

I would recommend watching it from the beginning.

I just watched the Pilot (1st episode). You have to pay to watch it. Not much though. $1.99 <--but no commercials so that's a plus. Now I'm watching Episode 2 "Blood Moon"

Paranormal is not my cup of tea but there's quite a quirkiness in the show. I'm going to watch the next few episodes and then decide if it goes on the DVR.

I don't mind the paranormal and the lead actor is quite yummy to look at.

#438   2013/11/05 01:29PM
    alikat

Quote ghfanfare: Everyone I know loves Modern Family but unfortunately I am unable to watch that one because of the camera work.

Oh wow. Well that sucks. My mother cannot watch others rock in a rocking chair or swing on a swing (not to mention she cannot do it herself) But she can ride on a roller coaster. Makes no sense at all LOL

#439   2013/11/05 01:35PM
    alikat

Quote akita: King of queens
    Oprahs next chapter
    Hgtv-the novagratz
    High low
    Law and order-all
    Shark tank
    National geographic
    All -housewives
    Anything in fashion
    The Flintstones
    Boxing/mma
    And many more

When you said Oprah it reminded me of two more shows I love.

Six Little McGhee's
    &
    Welcome to Sweetie Pies

good googly moo I watch a lot of tv

#440   2013/11/05 02:19PM
    akita

@ alikat...your board name is similar to mine. I know...thrilling.

« 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list