List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/11 12:08PM, Views: 17662, Replies: 466
    « 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:
    #421   2013/11/05 06:56AM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    JaneDoe

CASTLE!

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

The Goldburgs is the only new show I've started watching this season.... it is REALLY funny.

#422   2013/11/05 07:02AM
    stonecoldhot

Quote JaneDoe: CASTLE!

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

The Goldburgs is the only new show I've started watching this season.... it is REALLY funny.

I love The Middle, can`t get enough of it,my husband hates it, I can watch 3-4 shows in a row when he is not home. Love Sue Sue Heck

#423   2013/11/05 09:45AM
    alikat

Quote Gideon58:

Shows I'm considering adding to my schedule but haven't decided yet:

IRONSIDE

TROPHY WIFE

THE MICHAEL J FOX

MOM

I most definitely recommend Ironside and Mom. I never watched Trophy Wife and the Michael J Fox Show I removed from my DVR after 4 episodes.

I commend Mr. Fox for bringing the awareness of Parkinson's to the forefront and I'd love to see more people with varied disabilities and diseases in regular tv programming to show that these things are part of every day life for some. However, the writing, to me, is just not funny.

#424   2013/11/05 09:48AM
    alikat

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

I didn't like The Goldburgs. But to each his own, for sure. Modern Family is still one of the best comedies on. And of course Castle...have you noticed a few more "Storm" series books are on Kindle and he's got a 5th Heat book out.

#425   2013/11/05 09:57AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

I didn't like The Goldburgs. But to each his own, for sure. Modern Family is still one of the best comedies on. And of course Castle...have you noticed a few more "Storm" series books are on Kindle and he's got a 5th Heat book out.

I didn't like the first show as much as the ones that have followed. It's one of those that I watch if I can, but I do not DVR it. Modern Family and Castle are both my favorites! I haven't checked out the Storm books. I've only read the one you lent me. I admit that I like watching the series better than reading the book. Did you ever get around to reading them?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/05 09:58AM
    #426   2013/11/05 09:59AM
    Bizlet

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

Love
    Castle
    Modern Family
    My two favorite new shows are Sleepyhollow and the Goldburgs. .

#427   2013/11/05 10:02AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Bizlet:

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

Love
    Castle
    Modern Family

I've heard a lot of people like Sleepy Hollow...I may have to check it out. Is it something I can just jump into, or do I need to watch it from the beginning?

#428   2013/11/05 10:08AM
    ghfanfare

Quote alikat:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Also watched the pilot of Reign. It's a period piece about Mary, Queen of Scots. It was pretty good. Episode two is on tonight. I will be recording that.

LOL totally didn't see your post before I posted. That show is really good!!!!!

Also, Dracula is a new favorite because Jonathan Rhys Meyers is so friggin HHHHHOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! It's a good show too. It's produced by the same people who produced Downton Abbey.

Glad you are enjoying Reign. I love those period pieces. Even if the history may not totally be accurate. But what history is, anyway? There's still a lot of disagreement about Mary all these many years later.

I like sci-fi but not into the vampire thing for some reason. May have to check that one out, though.

#429   2013/11/05 10:08AM
    Bizlet

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Bizlet:

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

Love
    Castle
    Modern Family

I've heard a lot of people like Sleepy Hollow...I may have to check it out. Is it something I can just jump into, or do I need to watch it from the beginning?

I would recommend watching it from the beginning.

#430   2013/11/05 10:09AM
    ghfanfare

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Bizlet:

Modern Family
    The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town

Love
    Castle
    Modern Family

You could catch up just by reading recaps. But they haven't had too many episodes yet so wouldn't be too hard to start from the beginning.

« 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list