List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/14 09:50PM, Views: 22340, Replies: 490
    « 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:
    #411   2013/11/04 01:08PM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    Miz M

The Blacklist - James Spader is brillant.

I tried to get on-board with Reign, but I just can't get past the historical inaccuracies. Felt the same way about The Tudors.

#412   2013/11/04 01:21PM
    genhospchat

Quote alikat: There's a new show on the CW on Thursday nights called Reign. OMG it is SO GOOD!!! Cannot wait to see more.

I started watching. Soooo good!!!

Of course for me there is also Vampire Diaries! *sigh* Damon

I am an HGTV freak. Selling homes, buying homes, fixing up homes, etc. Oh and the old Food Network shows (before the channel became all about cook offs and no one actually showing us how to cook) like Nigella, Jamie, Giada, Rachael, Ina, etc.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/04 01:22PM
    #413   2013/11/04 01:22PM
    alikat

Quote ghfanfare: Arrow is back...YAY!

Haven is back...YAY!

Also watched the pilot of Reign. It's a period piece about Mary, Queen of Scots. It was pretty good. Episode two is on tonight. I will be recording that.

LOL totally didn't see your post before I posted. That show is really good!!!!!

Also, Dracula is a new favorite because Jonathan Rhys Meyers is so friggin HHHHHOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! It's a good show too. It's produced by the same people who produced Downton Abbey.

New shows this season I'm digging are

Mom
    The Crazy Ones
    Sean Saves the World
    Reign
    Dracula

and then of course the old favorites of Fall (in order fav to least fav)

Blue Bloods
    Castle
    Chicago Fire
    The Big Bang Theory
    Modern Family
    Nashville
    Hart of Dixie
    Hawaii 5-0
    Last Man Standing
    Grey's Anatomy
    The Voice
    Anger Management
    Dads
    Hot in Cleveland

#414   2013/11/04 01:25PM
    alikat

Quote Miz M: The Blacklist - James Spader is brillant.

I tried to get on-board with Reign, but I just can't get past the historical inaccuracies. Felt the same way about The Tudors.

Those things don't bother me if the acting and writing is good. Reign has both. I mean I know they could have done a better job on some things but honestly, to me, if they get too accurate then it's more a documentary. That probably wouldn't keep me interested week after week. The drama, sex, intrigue and good looking men keeps it on my DVR

#415   2013/11/04 01:28PM
    alikat

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote alikat: There's a new show on the CW on Thursday nights called Reign. OMG it is SO GOOD!!! Cannot wait to see more.

I started watching. Soooo good!!!

Of course for me there is also Vampire Diaries! *sigh* Damon

I am an HGTV freak. Selling homes, buying homes, fixing up homes, etc. Oh and the old Food Network shows (before the channel became all about cook offs and no one actually showing us how to cook) like Nigella, Jamie, Giada, Rachael, Ina, etc.

See I don't watch Vampire Diaries nor any other paranormal or sci-fy but I do watch Dracula on NBC. Mostly for JRM but the vampire stuff isn't overpowering with the other drama/plot. But mostly I watch for His Hotness (as I call him). Jonathan Rhys Meyers is just deadly with those eyes...YUM!!!!!

#416   2013/11/04 01:39PM
    Nightmoves

My two fave shows right now are Nashville and American Horror Story. Ironic thing is one of stars of Nashville actually appeared in the first season of AHS.

#417   2013/11/04 01:58PM
    alikat

Quote Nightmoves: My two fave shows right now are Nashville and American Horror Story. Ironic thing is one of stars of Nashville actually appeared in the first season of AHS.

I've been saving up Nashville and Grey's this season. You know for that weekend I have my winter cold It always makes me feel better when I have something really GOOD to watch in between Nyquil Naps

Last year I saved the whole season of Grey's Anatomy and watched it like a marathon. That way there was never a show other than the season finale that I had to wait to find out what happened LOL

#418   2013/11/04 02:02PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote Nightmoves: My two fave shows right now are Nashville and American Horror Story. Ironic thing is one of stars of Nashville actually appeared in the first season of AHS.

I love American Horror Story! This season is SO good!

#419   2013/11/04 02:33PM
    Gideon58

The current prime time TV shows that are "Must See TV" for me:

SCANDAL

GREY'S ANATOMY

LAW & ORDER: SVU

CRIMINAL MINDS

THE GOOD WIFE

REVENGE

PARKS AND RECREATION

MODERN FAMILY

2 BROKE GIRLS

GLEE

NEW GIRL

THE MINDY PROJECT

DADS

TWO AND A HALF MEN (Show's not the same without Charlie Sheen but I think I still watch just out of habit)

Shows I'm considering adding to my schedule but haven't decided yet:

IRONSIDE

TROPHY WIFE

THE MICHAEL J FOX

MOM

#420   2013/11/05 06:49AM
    the girl is HOT

THE WALKING DEAD, FAV OF ALL TIME

« 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list