List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/11 12:08PM, Views: 17759, Replies: 466
    « 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 » »| page:
    #351   2013/03/11 10:25AM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    oltlforever31

My husband and I enjoy watching shows on Netflix, that have been on for awhile, marathon style. We started watching Breaking Bad a few weeks ago, and we are on season 3. (We watch 3 or 4 episodes at a time) What an awesome show! Let me tell you, AMC knows what they are doing! I love most of their original series. Mad Men will return next month, and I love that show as well. Of course right now The Walking Dead is my fave, and thank God Mad Men will be back right after TWD ends. That will help fill the void.

#352   2013/03/11 10:36AM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote oltlforever31: My husband and I enjoy watching shows on Netflix, that have been on for awhile, marathon style. We started watching Breaking Bad a few weeks ago, and we are on season 3. (We watch 3 or 4 episodes at a time) What an awesome show! Let me tell you, AMC knows what they are doing! I love most of their original series. Mad Men will return next month, and I love that show as well. Of course right now The Walking Dead is my fave, and thank God Mad Men will be back right after TWD ends. That will help fill the void.

I love Netflix! Thats where my husband started watching Breaking Bad & Californication, they are both good shows! I started watching Vampire Diaries a little while ago, its entertaining. I flove The Walking Dead, I only started watching it a few months ago & I watched two seasons in like 3 days

I haven't watched Mad Men but I think I might start watching it during the Summer

#353   2013/03/11 10:43AM
    oltlforever31

Quote LiasonSteckyFan:
    Quote oltlforever31: My husband and I enjoy watching shows on Netflix, that have been on for awhile, marathon style. We started watching Breaking Bad a few weeks ago, and we are on season 3. (We watch 3 or 4 episodes at a time) What an awesome show! Let me tell you, AMC knows what they are doing! I love most of their original series. Mad Men will return next month, and I love that show as well. Of course right now The Walking Dead is my fave, and thank God Mad Men will be back right after TWD ends. That will help fill the void.

I love Netflix! Thats where my husband started watching Breaking Bad & Californication, they are both good shows! I started watching Vampire Diaries a little while ago, its entertaining. I flove The Walking Dead, I only started watching it a few months ago & I watched two seasons in like 3 days

I haven't watched Mad Men but I think I might start watching it during the Summer

I haven't seen Californication, but it looks good. I haven't seen VD either, maybe I will have to check that out as well.

You should totally watch Mad Men. It's really good, and Don Draper is totally cool, and not bad to look at either. Speaking of not bad to look at, how about Rick Grimes? (Andy Lincoln) He is so sexy on TWD!

#354   2013/03/11 10:47AM
    alikat

Apparently this week is the season finale for Season Two of The Lying Game. It made me decide to wait for my marathon until all shows are on the DVR.

Oddly, it seems that there are becoming less and less episodes in a season for television shows. I remember when it used to be that a tv show's season went 26-36 episodes. They took off from late April through August and then maybe two weeks at Christmas time. Now they are off the month of award season, they are off from Thanksgiving through the New Year, they don't start a season until sometimes Mid to Late October and they end in March. It's crazy!!! So The Lying Game is apparently only 10 episodes for this season.

But I love the show, I love Tyler Christopher and I'll watch regardless of how few episodes they have.

#355   2013/03/11 10:52AM
    alikat

oltl...there is a Netflix Original Series called House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey. IT . IS . F A B U L O U S !!!

I've gotten through 7 or 8 episodes (I was playing semi-vacation last week while my boss was on vaca ) I like Netflix for documentaries. I can watch hours upon hours of good historical documentaries. One of my favorites was "America: The Story of Us" but it's no longer on there (or at least I couldn't find it when I wanted my Dad to watch)

Also, it's a great place to go back and watch shows that you never watched when they were on the air. Arrested Development was one I discovered and now love when I was waiting for my new car to get service at the dealership.

#356   2013/03/11 11:04AM
    oltlforever31

Quote alikat:

oltl...there is a Netflix Original Series called House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey. IT . IS . F A B U L O U S !!!

I've gotten through 7 or 8 episodes (I was playing semi-vacation last week while my boss was on vaca ) I like Netflix for documentaries. I can watch hours upon hours of good historical documentaries. One of my favorites was "America: The Story of Us" but it's no longer on there (or at least I couldn't find it when I wanted my Dad to watch)

Also, it's a great place to go back and watch shows that you never watched when they were on the air. Arrested Development was one I discovered and now love when I was waiting for my new car to get service at the dealership.

I saw that show on there, I probably will watch it at some point, because it does look good. I love Netflix, and I've caught up on a lot of great shows there. I also recently finished watching United States of Tara. It only lasted 3 seasons, but it was a pretty good show. For those who don't know, it's all about DID, and it is a little different than how it's been played on GH. Anyway, I loved it, and was a little upset that they had cancelled it only 3 seasons in. I think it could have gone on. Lately, I have enjoyed watching these incredible shows even more than a good movie. I think I just like the fact that the story can just go on and on, and like I said about the AMC shows, they are fantastic, and the writing and acting is excellent. When we get caught up on Breaking Bad, we might check out that House of Cards.

#357   2013/03/12 08:06AM
    Palski

My new favorite is "The Neighbors". It's charming.

#358   2013/03/12 08:14AM
    Bettie Davis

Is it okay to mention shows I watched in the 70's even then I watched GH, "okay here goes" The Partridge Family. The Brady Bunch, American Bandstand, were my favorites.

#359   2013/03/12 09:13AM
    ghfanfare

Quote Bettie Davis: Is it okay to mention shows I watched in the 70's even then I watched GH, "okay here goes" The Partridge Family. The Brady Bunch, American Bandstand, were my favorites.

My husband and I were watching PBS the other night and Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits) was hosting a special about the old variety show Hullabaloo. Oh, my gosh! Some of that music is still good today and those bands were pretty cool. But some of it was rather corny, lol. Fun to hear those songs from back in the day, but it did make me feel like a dinosaur.

#360   2013/03/12 09:14AM
    ghfanfare

Dallas was soooo good last night! I think Larry Hagman would have been happy with his character's exit.

« 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list