List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/11 12:08PM, Views: 19585, Replies: 466
    « 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 » »| page:
    #311   2012/10/22 10:09AM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    alikat

Quote asiangal:
    Quote LadyOfTheEvening: Stupid iPad! Anyway, I love the newsroom, ag! Also like homeland. And covert affairs.

I don't have Showtime I have heard raving reviews from my friends about Homeland and I really need to go rent the Season 1 dvds.

Newsroom was HBO and man that was a fabulously written show. I love Alan Sorkin anyway. I don't always agree with his politics but I certainly love how he just puts it out there for debate!!!

Edited to say, I meant Aaron Sorkin.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/10/22 10:11AM
    #312   2012/10/22 10:20AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat: My favorite new show's are Chicago Fire, Elementary & Guys with Kids. Also Nashville seems like a good ole "Dallas" type show. I wonder where that show is filmed. So far I'm liking it. Partners is a pretty funny new comedy.

OH...Masterpiece Theater has remade Upstairs Downstairs and the show is pretty good. It's not quite Downton Abbey but it's really quite good. It's caused me to start watching the old Upstairs Downstairs from the 70's on Netflix.

Still digging:

Hawaii 5-0
    Blue Bloods
    Castle (has anyone read the books?)
    Big Bang
    Hart of Dixie
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    Grey's
    Modern Family

I love when it's time for the new fall season of shows!!!

I LOVE Castle, but have not read the books..... they are on my wish list though.

Modern Family is my FAVORITE show!

Do you have a Kindle? I'd love to loan you my Nikki Heat book or even if you don't have the actual Kindle but you use the Kindle app I'd love to "gift" the book to you. I haven't read it yet but I simply love the show and plan to read the books because I cannot imagine I wouldn't enjoy them.

Ha, my parents have just discovered the series since it's not airing on TNT. They absolutely love the show.

Oh and favorite part about Modern Family this week was Clair wanting to know how much weight Gloria has gained. LOL I mean come on...every woman in the WORLD can identify with that emotion.

Yes, I have a Kindle Fire..... how do you "gift" it to me? I'm totally new to the Kindle, LOL

I love Claire.... love on the 1st episode of the season that her 1st reaction to the pregnancy was that Gloria was going to get so FAT. She just can't let it go.

#313   2012/10/22 10:21AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat: My favorite new show's are Chicago Fire, Elementary & Guys with Kids. Also Nashville seems like a good ole "Dallas" type show. I wonder where that show is filmed. So far I'm liking it. Partners is a pretty funny new comedy.

OH...Masterpiece Theater has remade Upstairs Downstairs and the show is pretty good. It's not quite Downton Abbey but it's really quite good. It's caused me to start watching the old Upstairs Downstairs from the 70's on Netflix.

Still digging:

Hawaii 5-0
    Blue Bloods
    Big Bang
    Hart of Dixie
    Grey's
    Modern Family

Ali, I checked out Guys with Kids because of you and I'm liking it. Anthony Anderson cracks me up no matter what I see him in.

#314   2012/10/22 10:24AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

Still digging:

Hawaii 5-0
    Blue Bloods
    Big Bang
    Hart of Dixie
    Grey's
    Modern Family

I LOVE Castle, but have not read the books..... they are on my wish list though.

Modern Family is my FAVORITE show!

Do you have a Kindle? I'd love to loan you my Nikki Heat book or even if you don't have the actual Kindle but you use the Kindle app I'd love to "gift" the book to you. I haven't read it yet but I simply love the show and plan to read the books because I cannot imagine I wouldn't enjoy them.

Ha, my parents have just discovered the series since it's not airing on TNT. They absolutely love the show.

Oh and favorite part about Modern Family this week was Clair wanting to know how much weight Gloria has gained. LOL I mean come on...every woman in the WORLD can identify with that emotion.

Yes, I have a Kindle Fire..... how do you "gift" it to me? I'm totally new to the Kindle, LOL

I love Claire.... love on the 1st episode of the season that her 1st reaction to the pregnancy was that Gloria was going to get so FAT. She just can't let it go.

I buy it and send it to your amazon account. But since you have Kindle Fire....email me real quick. Let me know what your Kindle email address is. I'm going to pull my Kindle out of my purse and see if that book is one that can be loaned. If it is, cool!!!

#315   2012/10/22 10:50AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:
    I buy it and send it to your amazon account. But since you have Kindle Fire....email me real quick. Let me know what your Kindle email address is. I'm going to pull my Kindle out of my purse and see if that book is one that can be loaned. If it is, cool!!!

I e-mailed you, let me know if you don't get it.

#316   2012/10/22 11:48AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:

I e-mailed you, let me know if you don't get it.

Check your email...you should have the book...or at least the instructions on how to get the book LOL...good luck with THAT!!! Kindle is definitely a PC based company...nothing is easy. Apple would just hav a picture of a book when you turn on the device and you touch it and it's there with a note that says "From Alikat"

#317   2012/10/22 01:01PM
    hotspice58

I've been watching Scandal! It's as good as the Good Wife!

#318   2012/10/23 11:02AM
    fireball

Quote hotspice58: I've been watching Scandal! It's as good as the Good Wife!

Yes!Yes!, two great shows

#319   2012/10/23 11:27AM
    HOT PINK

My favorite non-soap shows are:

NCIS
    Army Wives
    Rissoli and Isles
    Doctor Who
    Supernatural
    Tbe Vampire Diaries
    Blue Bloods
    Hawaii 5-0

I really miss CSI Miami
    The CW's Arrow is growing on me
    Love watching food shows: Top Chef, Next Food Network Star; Next Iron Chef, to name a few

#320   2012/12/27 11:01PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Ali, I found the thread you were looking for

I can't wait for DallasTNT to start again in Jan. I love John Ross!

This season of Dexter was also awesome!

Been loving Big Bang this season too! So glad Amy Farrah Fowler is on lots!

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list