List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/14 09:50PM, Views: 22343, Replies: 490
    « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:
    #101   2012/01/13 06:47AM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    alikat

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: I forgot to mention that I like all the Chef Ramsay shows

He is AWESOME!!!

But I have to admit I had to stop watching his one show where he tries to save restaurants. I started having problems eating out at restaurants. I don't really WANT to know what happens in the kitchen of my favorite restaurants. I'd prefer to be blissfully ignorant and hope for the best.

Now I will watch the one he does in Europe. I don't know why that makes a difference. Maybe because I'm not there.

He is awesome I love him. As for eating out, many years ago I worked in the restaurant biz so nothing phases me!

Yeah, I did too in high school and college. It's just a thing for me.

Just like, my ex hubby and I used to watch all the National Geographic shows about the wild and stuff but then one night, we're eating steaks off the grill for dinner (I eat mine rare) and the Lions are ripping apart a gazzelle and that was it. No more Nat'l Geo during dinner.

#102   2012/01/13 11:00AM
    BrendaJasonL...

Quote alikat:
    Quote BrendaJasonLovesAdam: I was watching a jersey shore marathon, and one of the girls, told one of the guys, that "they should do sex." Like it's lunch. smh. It's trash, but I can't stop watching. But at least I know it. And knowing is half the battle-G.I. Joe.

I love old movies. In fact, I'm hooked on them. I like the fact that they don't rely on sex, violence, or special affects. Just good story telling and acting. Bette Davis is my fav by far!!! And after saying all that....I still love Jersey Shore.... Weird, I know.

A movie I watch every time it's on is SPEED. And if it's on regular tv with commercials, I'll grab my DVD (or VHS if I'm upstairs) and watch without the commercials.

Old black and white movies don't hold my interest, but then I've never tried to give them much of a chance either. Except for the classic, The Wizard of Oz.

I've never even seen It's a Wonderful Life and that is a Holiday MUST SEE apparently.

They are the best! Mildred Pierce, The Old Maid(you would like that one), The Women(there are about 4 versions, the first one is my fav. 1939), Cat on a Hot Tin Roof(love this).........so many..You don't know what you are missing....

#103   2012/01/13 02:42PM
    ldeichmill

NCIS
    Bones
    House
    American Horror Story
    The Mentalist
    Pawn Stars

#104   2012/01/13 04:36PM
    BrendaJasonL...

Quote ldeichmill: NCIS
    Bones
    House
    American Horror Story
    The Mentalist
    Pawn Stars

I flove Pawn Stars....good show

#105   2012/01/13 05:37PM
    AlyasMom

reality tv is the NEW Soap operas, and I enjoy that hotmess a great deal

Mob Wives
    The Real Housewives of....(Beverly Hills, NJ, Atlanta)
    Love & Hip Hop

None soapy shows: Snapped (Love it)
    Law & Order: SVU
    True Blood( LOVE IT )
    The Walking Dead (NEW FAV)
    Amazing Race
    Top Chef (or any cooking show)

But why all time fav will ALWAYS BE 'Felicity' That was the best show that hasnt been matched (IMO) since!
    Loved me some Felicity and Ben They were the best!

#106   2012/01/13 06:54PM
    BrendaJasonL...

Quote AlyasMom: reality tv is the NEW Soap operas, and I enjoy that hotmess a great deal

Mob Wives
    The Real Housewives of....(Beverly Hills, NJ, Atlanta)
    Love & Hip Hop

None soapy shows: Snapped (Love it)
    Law & Order: SVU
    True Blood( LOVE IT )
    The Walking Dead (NEW FAV)
    Amazing Race
    Top Chef (or any cooking show)

But why all time fav will ALWAYS BE 'Felicity' That was the best show that hasnt been matched (IMO) since!
    Loved me some Felicity and Ben They were the best!

What do you think about Chrissy?

#107   2012/01/13 09:15PM
    dwja

I am a big sports fan. I subscribe to both the NFL and MLB packages and watch Sportscenter on a daily basis.

Other than that

Revenge!!!
    Hawaii 5-0
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    House Hunters

#108   2012/01/14 07:26AM
    BrendaJasonL...

Quote dwja: I am a big sports fan. I subscribe to both the NFL and MLB packages and watch Sportscenter on a daily basis.

Other than that

Revenge!!!
    Hawaii 5-0
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    House Hunters

We do have something in common. I love House Hunters, and I am a huge sports fan, and ESPN watcher. I watch pretty much everything, except hockey. Huge Football, Golf, Tennis, and Basketball fan. Teams: Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Celtics, and the Heat. *Honorable mention-love Carolina Panthers, only because of Cam-huge Auburn fan*

#109   2012/01/14 07:47AM
    LiasonSteckyFan

There are only a few shows that manage to keep my attention for more than a season or two

Criminal Minds
    Raising Hope
    Republic of Doyle
    Big Bang Theory

Honorable Mentions:
    Trailer Park Boys
    Dawson`s Creek

My all time favorite show is Golden Girls, I can watch the same episode 50 times and still burst out laughing!

If I had to pick a reality show it would be Chopped or Storage Wars ( I don`t know why I like it,I just do lol )

#110   2012/01/14 09:12AM
    BrendaJasonL...

Quote LiasonSteckyFan: There are only a few shows that manage to keep my attention for more than a season or two

Criminal Minds
    Raising Hope
    Republic of Doyle
    Big Bang Theory

Honorable Mentions:
    Trailer Park Boys
    Dawson`s Creek

My all time favorite show is Golden Girls, I can watch the same episode 50 times and still burst out laughing!

If I had to pick a reality show it would be Chopped or Storage Wars ( I don`t know why I like it,I just do lol )

Golden girls *sigh* Love it....I don't watch a lot of scripted shows, but I watch that one, and Friends....

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list