List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Started by fireball at 2011/12/29 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/11 12:08PM, Views: 19131, Replies: 466
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:
    #91   2012/01/11 09:52AM
    Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap
    enad19

Quote alikat:
    Quote enad19:
    Quote alikat: Well hey stranger!!! How the heck have you been? Long LONG time no see.

See, NM, JD and I start singing the Kunbaya song and we get a couple of oldies but goodies popping in.

Isn't Suburgatory just the little engine that could comedy of the season? It started out kind of slow but the quirkiness has become endearing and the humor sneaks up and grabs on strong.

You're Kumbaya song certainly worked, because if it wasn't for this non-GH thread, I wouldn't have posted. So keep chanting sister!

I adore Suburgatory so much. I actually missed the first few episodes because I thought it was just another The Middle on hormones, but boy was I ever wrong! Jeremy Sisto is adorable and I've been a fan of Jane Levy since she guest starred on Shameless last season.

I do not watch The Middle. I never got into it.

I've watched half of an episode, for some reason it seems as if I was wastching a tv show that I've already seen dozens of times. Then I remember that Patricia Heaton was on Everybody loves Raymond, which I also wasn't very interested in. I love shows that have dark, messed up twisted characters. Right now Hart of Dixie is the only 'clean' show where fairly normal people are in. Otherwise, gimme me the cynics, reprobates, bored with life sarcatics any day.

#92   2012/01/11 09:56AM
    enad19

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote enad19: Ooohhh, this is a good topic!

My all time faves are:

Nurse Jackie
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    Ringer
    Bones
    A Game of Thrones
    Shameless (US version)
    Castle
    Hart of Dixie
    Nikita
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    JUSTIFIED
    Torchwood
    Being Human (US version)

Another Justified fan?! Me, too! That is the best show. Timothy Oliphant is a pleasure to watch.

Timothy Olyphant's Raylan Givens is the hottest badass on TV right now and TO is sexy as hell in real life. I have been a huge fan since he shaved his head to play Hitman.
    I know that a lot of fans hate Raylan with Winona, but I adore them as a couple, they have crazy chemistry and she is so direct with him. I really wanted to like Ava with him, but the minute that she started chasing after him and getting into trouble that he had to bail her out of, I was begging for Win to leave her wuss of a husband and reunite with Raylan. Season 3 starts next week. Good Times!

#93   2012/01/11 02:20PM
    BrendaJasonL...

I was watching a jersey shore marathon, and one of the girls, told one of the guys, that "they should do sex." Like it's lunch. smh. It's trash, but I can't stop watching. But at least I know it. And knowing is half the battle-G.I. Joe.

I love old movies. In fact, I'm hooked on them. I like the fact that they don't rely on sex, violence, or special affects. Just good story telling and acting. Bette Davis is my fav by far!!! And after saying all that....I still love Jersey Shore.... Weird, I know.

#94   2012/01/11 06:30PM
    RedFire75

Hello, this my first time posting on this board. This is a great way to start. My favorite TV shows are....

True Blood
    Spartacus
    Dexter
    Game Of Thrones
    The Vampire Diaries
    Hawaii Five-0
    Ridiculousness
    Unforgettable
    NCIS : Los Angeles
    Law & Order : SVU
    Nurse Jackie

#95   2012/01/12 11:31AM
    fireball

Quote BrendaJasonLovesAdam: I was watching a jersey shore marathon, and one of the girls, told one of the guys, that "they should do sex." Like it's lunch. smh. It's trash, but I can't stop watching. But at least I know it. And knowing is half the battle-G.I. Joe.

I love old movies. In fact, I'm hooked on them. I like the fact that they don't rely on sex, violence, or special affects. Just good story telling and acting. Bette Davis is my fav by far!!! And after saying all that....I still love Jersey Shore.... Weird, I know.

Love Bette Davis, Natalie Wood, and Lana Turner. I used to think that the actress that played Barbara on As the World Turns looked like Natalie Wood.

Old School shows I liked: Petticoat Junction,Big Valley, and Bonanza.

#96   2012/01/13 05:25AM
    Nightmoves

I forgot to mention that I like all the Chef Ramsay shows

#97   2012/01/13 06:06AM
    alikat

Quote BrendaJasonLovesAdam: I was watching a jersey shore marathon, and one of the girls, told one of the guys, that "they should do sex." Like it's lunch. smh. It's trash, but I can't stop watching. But at least I know it. And knowing is half the battle-G.I. Joe.

A movie I watch every time it's on is SPEED. And if it's on regular tv with commercials, I'll grab my DVD (or VHS if I'm upstairs) and watch without the commercials.

Old black and white movies don't hold my interest, but then I've never tried to give them much of a chance either. Except for the classic, The Wizard of Oz.

I've never even seen It's a Wonderful Life and that is a Holiday MUST SEE apparently.

#98   2012/01/13 06:09AM
    alikat

Quote RedFire75: Hello, this my first time posting on this board. This is a great way to start. My favorite TV shows are....

True Blood
    Spartacus
    Dexter
    Game Of Thrones
    The Vampire Diaries
    Hawaii Five-0
    Ridiculousness
    Unforgettable
    NCIS : Los Angeles
    Law & Order : SVU
    Nurse Jackie

Welcome to the board!!! I assume since you came here, you are also a GH fan. You mentioned a show I've never even heard of. Ridiculousness. I'll have to look it up.

I really like Hawaii 5-0. It took a little while to establish the characters and get a good "groove" to the show but now it's really good and a lot of running sub-plots that are truly intriguing and keep me coming back.

#99   2012/01/13 06:12AM
    alikat

Quote Nightmoves: I forgot to mention that I like all the Chef Ramsay shows

He is AWESOME!!!

But I have to admit I had to stop watching his one show where he tries to save restaurants. I started having problems eating out at restaurants. I don't really WANT to know what happens in the kitchen of my favorite restaurants. I'd prefer to be blissfully ignorant and hope for the best.

Now I will watch the one he does in Europe. I don't know why that makes a difference. Maybe because I'm not there.

#100   2012/01/13 06:31AM
    Nightmoves

Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: I forgot to mention that I like all the Chef Ramsay shows

He is AWESOME!!!

But I have to admit I had to stop watching his one show where he tries to save restaurants. I started having problems eating out at restaurants. I don't really WANT to know what happens in the kitchen of my favorite restaurants. I'd prefer to be blissfully ignorant and hope for the best.

Now I will watch the one he does in Europe. I don't know why that makes a difference. Maybe because I'm not there.

He is awesome I love him. As for eating out, many years ago I worked in the restaurant biz so nothing phases me!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list