List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Started by JaneDoe at 2011/12/28 12:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/21 12:22PM, Views: 34139, Replies: 902
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2012/01/10 08:01AM
    Re: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*
    alikat

Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote LiasonSteckyFan: Cheers to the new writer starting today! Hopefully with the gradual changes and fresh ideas the majority of fans and posters here can be happy and pleased with GH.

Of course it is a Soap Opera and we all have characters we love and love to hate, but thats what makes it interesting! With that said, hopefully we can all have open discussions about the pros and cons of characters and couples without bashing and taking things so personally.

I'll toast to that! Of course since it's morning I'll be toasting with coffee..... but here's to open respectful discussions!

I second that sentiment. I miss the old board, basically pre 2008.

Now, regarding coffee, I got a Kurig for Christmas. Well, Kona Medium Roast coffee BEANS, freshly ground and put into the filter basket accessory is the best tasting coffee I've ever had. OMG, I've even taken to having a cup at night.

(On a side note and something that always gets me the look, I have NEVER EVER had a cup of Starbucks coffee. Not at the cafe nor the Starbucks brand they sell.)

Lol Alikat you think you get the look for never trying Starbucks coffee you should see the looks I get when I tell them I've never tried ANY coffee period.

To the other I will admit that I enjoy a good debate as long as it stays respectful but I don't like fighting. I am however afraid that I may have contributed to that thread going south and if I did I sincerely apologize. My like of realistic and technical gets me in trouble. So please accept my Apologies Alikat, JaneDoe, and Nightmoves, I can assure you my post was not an attempt to bait or hate.

Trust me when I say SAL, there is no apology necessary on your part to me. Look, just the four of us have disagreed and said things the other got that "screw you" look over. But we behave maturely. If it gets heated, we stop. We explain our position, we don't back pedal but we don't keep pushing the other's "screw you" button.

And yes, we should probably have you instituted into some rare phenomenon almanac as the person who's never had coffee. I'll bet there are so few of you, you can't even start a club. When I read your admission, I wasn't I was more

#52   2012/01/10 08:03AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote LiasonSteckyFan: Cheers to the new writer starting today! Hopefully with the gradual changes and fresh ideas the majority of fans and posters here can be happy and pleased with GH.

Of course it is a Soap Opera and we all have characters we love and love to hate, but thats what makes it interesting! With that said, hopefully we can all have open discussions about the pros and cons of characters and couples without bashing and taking things so personally.

I'll toast to that! Of course since it's morning I'll be toasting with coffee..... but here's to open respectful discussions!

Now, regarding coffee, I got a Kurig for Christmas. Well, Kona Medium Roast coffee BEANS, freshly ground and put into the filter basket accessory is the best tasting coffee I've ever had. OMG, I've even taken to having a cup at night.

(On a side note and something that always gets me the look, I have NEVER EVER had a cup of Starbucks coffee. Not at the cafe nor the Starbucks brand they sell.)

I do NOT like Starbucks coffee.... only lattes. There's is WAY too strong IMO. Love Dunkin' Donuts. YUMMY. My sister got a Kurig for Christmas.... I'll have to give her your suggestion.

#53   2012/01/10 08:04AM
    JaneDoe

Quote samANDlizFAN:
    To the other I will admit that I enjoy a good debate as long as it stays respectful but I don't like fighting. I am however afraid that I may have contributed to that thread going south and if I did I sincerely apologize. My like of realistic and technical gets me in trouble. So please accept my Apologies Alikat, JaneDoe, and Nightmoves, I can assure you my post was not an attempt to bait or hate.

I would never consider you a baiter samANDlizFan.

#54   2012/01/10 08:14AM
    samANDlizFAN

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:

Thanks for that JD and thanks to you also Alikat. I am glad that we can disagree on topics but still be friendly. I enjoy posting with both of you and with Nightmoves and a few other on here. Hopefully the board will get back to friendly debating soon.

#55   2012/01/10 08:22AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

I do NOT like Starbucks coffee.... only lattes. There's is WAY too strong IMO. Love Dunkin' Donuts. YUMMY. My sister got a Kurig for Christmas.... I'll have to give her your suggestion.

Yeah, you have to buy the filter basket so you can use your own coffee instead of the K Cups. I honestly don't know if they're costly or not. It was a gift from my parents. But it's really very good.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dunking Donuts Coffee. I used to buy their ground coffee bags for the house. Then, I discovered at my wholesale warehouse (which ironically is named BJ's <--I giggle every time I say the name ) I can get a 2 pound bag of Kona Coffee Beans for under $20, which is a STEAL.

#56   2012/01/10 08:33AM
    alikat

Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:

Thanks for that JD and thanks to you also Alikat. I am glad that we can disagree on topics but still be friendly. I enjoy posting with both of you and with Nightmoves and a few other on here. Hopefully the board will get back to friendly debating soon.

You know, it's so funny...I don't know how long you've been on the board but the week between Christmas and NewYear, I was doing the Live Thread because Shells was on Vaca. It got me thinking of old times.

In 2006 the Live Thread started. Any and all of us watching would chime in to what was going on on the tv for those at work. I had a little black and white tv/radio in my office and I'd turn it on and try to give recaps.

It was so crude and unorganized that if you went back and read the LT for content of the show, many times you got one or two blurbs of what was happening with 70% interjected opinion OF the scenes and a lot of giggling and debate.

I miss that!!!

#57   2012/01/10 08:45AM
    ghfanfare

When I found this board back at the end of 2007, it was such a blast! There were games and fashion threads and goodnight threads and just about everybody talked to everybody. I made some wonderful cyber friends here.

And though there were the occasional baiters and trolls and heated disagreements, for the most part, a good time was had by all because we all had one thing in common...our love for GH.

So with the soaps being cancelled and GH's future on the line, maybe we can all join together again and bring some of that love and unity for GH back into the spirit of the board.

Here's hoping.

#58   2012/01/10 09:10AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:

You know, it's so funny...I don't know how long you've been on the board but the week between Christmas and NewYear, I was doing the Live Thread because Shells was on Vaca. It got me thinking of old times.

In 2006 the Live Thread started. Any and all of us watching would chime in to what was going on on the tv for those at work. I had a little black and white tv/radio in my office and I'd turn it on and try to give recaps.

It was so crude and unorganized that if you went back and read the LT for content of the show, many times you got one or two blurbs of what was happening with 70% interjected opinion OF the scenes and a lot of giggling and debate.

I miss that!!!

The live thread used to ROCK!!! Good times.

The only problem I had is that I wasn't enjoying the show as much because I knew EVERYTHING that was going to happen and it stopped being fun. I do miss the giggling and friendly debate we used to have there though. No one got offended by anything..... no one took anything personal.

#59   2012/01/10 09:18AM
    samANDlizFAN

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:

I miss that!!!

The only problem I had is that I wasn't enjoying the show as much because I knew EVERYTHING that was going to happen and it stopped being fun. I do miss the giggling and friendly debate we used to have there though. No one got offended by anything..... no one took anything personal.

I haven't been on the board that long and when I first came on I stayed in the JaSam fans only thread because I do love them together. However they aren't the ONLY aspect of GH I enjoy. So I like to talk about other parts of GH too. It was difficult for me at first because it seems no matter where you go someone is bashing Sam or Liz and as you can tell by the name I absolutely LOVE both of them. It took me a while to get where I could just ignore the blatant bashing of not so much the character but the actresses too. Character bashing I can deal with but actress bashing goes to far for me. I have strayed completely off topic sorry

I would love for this board simply to be a place to discuss GH with some friendly debates thrown in because obviously not everyone is going to agree with everything. I do think it has gotten better of late though. And I hope it continues to just get better.

#60   2012/01/10 09:59AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:

I miss that!!!

What was always so funny to me back then was that when the show was REALLY REALLY GOOD, the people watching that would normally post what was happening weren't posting so the people at work were like

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? SOMEONE PLEASE WHAT HAPPENED?"

Then you'd get a message from someone watching that was like

"Oh, omg, oh oh oh omg, you won't believe it...omg omg omg"

Then 5 other would say

"OMG WHAT? YOU'RE NOT TELLING US WHAT'S HAPPENING"

Then it's like 4:15ET and someone would say

"Sorry but today is a show you CAN'T MISS..." then go on to explain what happened like Emily's rape or Sonny and Em or whatever it was...

Now that doesn't happen because we copy and paste it from the Jackaled. We still have fun and discuss the show and our opinions (We have an unwritten rule that we cannot bring the bashing or the wars into the LT <-- which I truly appreciate) We are all allowed our opinions and no one is chastized or called delusional or rude or disrespectful.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list