List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Started by JaneDoe at 2011/12/28 12:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/12/15 09:25AM, Views: 45025, Replies: 1027
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2011/12/29 12:52PM
    Re: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*
    alikat

THank you Fireball for starting the "favorite tv show that's not a soap" thread.

It's the fastest growing thread with all different people posting in it that is 100% fun and nice and respectful.

#22   2011/12/30 06:59AM
    Nightmoves

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum

See and I felt the first shot was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

Either way, hopefully it's gotten back to discussion instead of bash Elizabeth.

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less worthy.

I agree JD character bashing is not that big of a problem to me if kept "clean" so to speak. What annoys me if when people bring up other characters to defend the actions of their cave ALL the time. Now granted sometimes it is warranted if the two being discussed are actively fighting it out on screen. But when people defend for instance Maxie against LuLu and they bring up LuLus abortion that has nothing to do with the story right now. Anyways glad you have been enjoying posting lately. Hope it stays that way so you will continue to post. I enjoy reading your opinions on things.

That's my BIGGEST pet peeve on here!

Right back atcha on enjoying opinions.... you are one of my favorite posters.

Mine too and that's exactly what I was talking about, not the bashing but listing all the perceived misdeeds of another character where it does not belong. Bringing a character into the thread that has nothing to do with them and saying "well X did this and that" instead of just listing the reasons you disagree with a specific post. This just annoys me to no end and adds nothing of substance to the discussion at hand.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/30 07:00AM
    #23   2011/12/31 05:52AM
    alikat

The TV shows thread had truly been fun. It's also giving some insight to people.

Example, Nightmoves, the fact that you don't watch much tv makes me think you are more of a free spirit type person. By that I don't mean you don't shave or you travel around with Grateful Dead hippies. I could be totally off base but I see yellows and soft colors. Maybe a sewing or scrapbooking/project type room in your house and a perfectly manicured lawn (especially a garden that you tend). Like I said, I could be totally wrong.

Cincy was no surprise at all. She's always said she loves the mob/violence aspect of GH and her avi's have almost always depicted "creatures" so her list being more along the lines of shows with weaponry prevalent is no surprise. She probably doen't read but has a martial arts studio. LOL

I was truly shocked at Brendajasonlovesadam. Though she admitted freely that she knows her favs are trashy tv. On her coffee tables, etc...she has Time Magazine, etc...but on her bedside table is the National Enquirer.

SamANDLiz...somehow I knew she would list the crime drama's and medical drama's. The more technical the better. I envision her library having fewer fiction tomes than non-fiction. Lying on a coffee table or bedside table is at least one biography/autobiography and/or a Self Help type book But not a "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book, more along the lines of economics or politics or something more worldly.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/31 05:53AM
    #24   2011/12/31 10:40AM
    ghfanfare

Quote alikat: THank you Fireball for starting the "favorite tv show that's not a soap" thread.

It's the fastest growing thread with all different people posting in it that is 100% fun and nice and respectful.

I like to see what other people are watching and recommending. It gives me ideas for new shows to watch since I am such a big TV addict.

I've always loved TV. Back in the day my dad called it television boogie.

#25   2011/12/31 10:47AM
    ghfanfare

Quote JaneDoe: a beautiful day for a neighbor.... won't you be mine.

Before anyone thinks I've gone off my rocker..... just wanted to say I've thoroughly enjoyed posting today! It's been a VERY long time since I've been able to say that. Discussions about Liz, Lucky, Robin, Sonny, Kate, etc.... and it's all been peaceful and enjoyable. There's not total agreement with everyone (which would be so boring), but there's respect and peaceful discussions that are not resorting to name calling and back and forth blaming. Refreshing!

I like this thread JD. It's a reminder for me that in the end, regardless of who or what we like or don't like, we are all soap fans. And I would much rather enjoy pleasant and respectful conversation about our last remaining soaps while we still have them than be drawn into arguments and insults.

#26   2011/12/31 04:34PM
    BrendaJasonL...

Quote alikat: The TV shows thread had truly been fun. It's also giving some insight to people.

Example, Nightmoves, the fact that you don't watch much tv makes me think you are more of a free spirit type person. By that I don't mean you don't shave or you travel around with Grateful Dead hippies. I could be totally off base but I see yellows and soft colors. Maybe a sewing or scrapbooking/project type room in your house and a perfectly manicured lawn (especially a garden that you tend). Like I said, I could be totally wrong.

Cincy was no surprise at all. She's always said she loves the mob/violence aspect of GH and her avi's have almost always depicted "creatures" so her list being more along the lines of shows with weaponry prevalent is no surprise. She probably doen't read but has a martial arts studio. LOL

I was truly shocked at Brendajasonlovesadam. Though she admitted freely that she knows her favs are trashy tv. On her coffee tables, etc...she has Time Magazine, etc...but on her bedside table is the National Enquirer.

SamANDLiz...somehow I knew she would list the crime drama's and medical drama's. The more technical the better. I envision her library having fewer fiction tomes than non-fiction. Lying on a coffee table or bedside table is at least one biography/autobiography and/or a Self Help type book But not a "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book, more along the lines of economics or politics or something more worldly.

That's funny, but true....lol! When people come over, I put it on CNN, when they leave, I switch it to TeenMom.

#27   2012/01/01 10:43AM
    samANDlizFAN

Quote alikat: The TV shows thread had truly been fun. It's also giving some insight to people.

I was truly shocked at Brendajasonlovesadam. Though she admitted
    freely that she knows her favs are trashy tv. On her coffee tables, etc...she has Time Magazine, etc...but on her bedside table is the National Enquirer.

SamANDLiz...somehow I knew she would list the crime drama's and medical drama's. The more technical the better. I envision her library having fewer fiction tomes than non-fiction. Lying on a coffee table or bedside table is at least one biography/autobiography and/or a Self Help type book But not a "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book, more along the
    lines of economics or politics or something more worldly.

That's actually a little scary at how close you are Alikat. Lol! I love biography/autobiography. In truth I enjoy reality. The more realistic the show is the better. Except for GH and I grew up watching that with my mom. I think I enjoy the memories and the feeling I get from GH more than the actual watching of it.

#28   2012/01/03 07:19AM
    alikat

Quote samANDlizFAN: That's actually a little scary at how close you are Alikat. Lol! I love biography/autobiography. In truth I enjoy reality. The more realistic the show is the better. Except for GH and I grew up watching that with my mom. I think I enjoy the memories and the feeling I get from GH more than the actual watching of it.

That was me with Guiding Light. I remember watching with my sister when I'd get home from school. The Four Muskateers? Well that was Phillip, Beth, Rick and Mindy. Early 80's, big hair, such fun. My earliest memories were of Kelly and Floyd and Nola...Ahh the Reardons. I had the hardest time ending that 25 year relationship but when the handheld cameras came around, that was the end. I'd stopped watching only one other time, when they cloned Reva. That was stupid.

When I started watching General Hospital was only what 8-9 years ago. People would talk about the Four Muskateers and I was like, pfft....

#29   2012/01/03 07:26AM
    JaneDoe

I hope everyone had a joyous New Year!

I'm ready to get back to some FUN posting again..... hopefully the respect and peaceful debates can continue in the new year.

#30   2012/01/04 09:53AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum

See and I felt the first shot was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

Either way, hopefully it's gotten back to discussion instead of bash Elizabeth.

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less worthy.

I agree JD character bashing is not that big of a problem to me if kept "clean" so to speak. What annoys me if when people bring up other characters to defend the actions of their cave ALL the time. Now granted sometimes it is warranted if the two being discussed are actively fighting it out on screen. But when people defend for instance Maxie against LuLu and they bring up LuLus abortion that has nothing to do with the story right now. Anyways glad you have been enjoying posting lately. Hope it stays that way so you will continue to post. I enjoy reading your opinions on things.

That's my BIGGEST pet peeve on here!

Right back atcha on enjoying opinions.... you are one of my favorite posters.

Mine too and that's exactly what I was talking about, not the bashing but listing all the perceived misdeeds of another character where it does not belong. Bringing a character into the thread that has nothing to do with them and saying "well X did this and that" instead of just listing the reasons you disagree with a specific post. This just annoys me to no end and adds nothing of substance to the discussion at hand.

Bringing my "happy place" back to the top to say I could not agree more NM!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list