List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Started by JaneDoe at 2011/12/28 12:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/11/27 02:02PM, Views: 43622, Replies: 1016
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #11   2011/12/29 10:22AM
    Re: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat: Now, to get back to what this thread is about.

The Shawn/Carly thread is very very pleasant. There's two pros and one con in there but they all seem to be beautiful, fabulous, remarkable, wonderful posters.

At least 2 of them are!

Of course I can't count myself..... that would just be bragging.

#12   2011/12/29 10:23AM
    samANDlizFAN

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum

See and I felt the first shot was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

Either way, hopefully it's gotten back to discussion instead of bash Elizabeth.

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less worthy.

I agree JD character bashing is not that big of a problem to me if kept "clean" so to speak. What annoys me if when people bring up other characters to defend the actions of their cave ALL the time. Now granted sometimes it is warranted if the two being discussed are actively fighting it out on screen. But when people defend for instance Maxie against LuLu and they bring up LuLus abortion that has nothing to do with the story right now. Anyways glad you have been enjoying posting lately. Hope it stays that way so you will continue to post. I enjoy reading your opinions on things.

#13   2011/12/29 10:27AM
    JaneDoe

Quote samANDlizFAN:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum

See and I felt the first shot was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

Either way, hopefully it's gotten back to discussion instead of bash Elizabeth.

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less worthy.

I agree JD character bashing is not that big of a problem to me if kept "clean" so to speak. What annoys me if when people bring up other characters to defend the actions of their cave ALL the time. Now granted sometimes it is warranted if the two being discussed are actively fighting it out on screen. But when people defend for instance Maxie against LuLu and they bring up LuLus abortion that has nothing to do with the story right now. Anyways glad you have been enjoying posting lately. Hope it stays that way so you will continue to post. I enjoy reading your opinions on things.

That's my BIGGEST pet peeve on here!

Right back atcha on enjoying opinions.... you are one of my favorite posters.

#14   2011/12/29 10:43AM
    alikat

THere are times in a debate/discussion where bringing up others actions are warranted. For instance, a thread called "Worst Mother Ever" that the op deems Carly worst of all, I could bring up say...Bobbie's misdeeds or Monica's or Elizabeth's to show that other mothers have done things, maybe not the same but equally bad.

The biggest offense on here is when Sam's faults are thrown in to deflect Elizabeth's and Elizabeth's faults are thrown in to deflect Sam's. When it's other characters...it doesn't seem to take on a life of it's own NOR does it seem to become so vicious.

I don't actively search out threads on Sam because I don't like the character or the actress. I don't avoid the discussion when in the coarse of natural flow of the topic but I don't actively search out those threads to be negative in. I just don't see the need.

I'm amazed at the number of people who a clearly anti-fans of a character that go into and post regularly in threads that say "for fans only" or are actually set, mod created "fan threads". Why even go in to put in your two cents, even if you aren't bashing.

And I'll never understand someone starting a thread about a character they dislike or to specifically say, "come in here and bash this character that I don't like"

It's like, "well hello captain obvious...want to start a fight much?"

#15   2011/12/29 10:45AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat: Now, to get back to what this thread is about.

The Shawn/Carly thread is very very pleasant. There's two pros and one con in there but they all seem to be beautiful, fabulous, remarkable, wonderful posters.

At least 2 of them are!

Of course I can't count myself..... that would just be bragging.

Well I'm the one who said it so you are DEFINITELY one of them.

And I AM a braggard so of course I included myself.

#16   2011/12/29 10:53AM
    samANDlizFAN

Quote alikat: THere are times in a debate/discussion where bringing up others actions are warranted. For instance, a thread called "Worst Mother Ever" that the op deems Carly worst of all, I could bring up say...Bobbie's misdeeds or Monica's or Elizabeth's to show that other mothers have done things, maybe not the same but equally bad.

The biggest offense on here is when Sam's faults are thrown in to deflect Elizabeth's and Elizabeth's faults are thrown in to deflect Sam's. When it's other characters...it doesn't seem to take on a life of it's own NOR does it seem to become so vicious.

I don't actively search out threads on Sam because I don't like the character or the actress. I don't avoid the discussion when in the coarse of natural flow of the topic but I don't actively search out those threads to be negative in. I just don't see the need.

I'm amazed at the number of people who a clearly anti-fans of a character that go into and post regularly in threads that say "for fans only" or are actually set, mod created "fan threads". Why even go in to put in your two cents, even if you aren't bashing.

And I'll never understand someone starting a thread about a character they dislike or to specifically say, "come in here and bash this character that I don't like"

I agree there are times when it is warranted and yours was a better example than mine. And I don't know why people that detest a character go into fan only threads I have often wondered about that myself. And while most of the times it is worst when it involves Sam/Liz it is just as annoying to me regardless of who it involves. I think many times people are just a little to sensitive. I enjoy a good debate and I am able to disagree with someone without it turning into a fight.

I have often wondered why we just don't start a Sam vs Liz thread so then maybe EVERY thread wouldn't turn into a fight about them. However then my brain kicks back in and I realize that would probably be a mistake of epic proportions and just turn into a HUGE fight. But it would be nice IMO if we could keep it contained to 1 thread instead of 20

#17   2011/12/29 10:59AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat: THere are times in a debate/discussion where bringing up others actions are warranted. For instance, a thread called "Worst Mother Ever" that the op deems Carly worst of all, I could bring up say...Bobbie's misdeeds or Monica's or Elizabeth's to show that other mothers have done things, maybe not the same but equally bad.

I agree.... there are threads that are about more of a subject rather than a specific character and any character and their actions could/should be mentioned. It's when a thread is about a specific character and their actions.... no one else..... and others are brought into the argument. You are right, Sam and Liz threads seem to have the biggest problem with this. It used to happen a LOT with Maxie and Lulu too, but now that they are friends.... not so much.

#18   2011/12/29 11:13AM
    JaneDoe

To all my fellow "neighbors in the hood".... I hope you all have a very Happy New Year! I'm about to log off and spend the rest of the week/weekend with my family and friends. I'll be back next week and hopefully I'll be coming back to more great threads and FUN discussions in the new year!

#19   2011/12/29 12:11PM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:

I agree.... there are threads that are about more of a subject rather than a specific character and any character and their actions could/should be mentioned. It's when a thread is about a specific character and their actions.... no one else..... and others are brought into the argument. You are right, Sam and Liz threads seem to have the biggest problem with this. It used to happen a LOT with Maxie and Lulu too, but now that they are friends.... not so much.

I've noticed that sometimes Jolu and Danlu fans can climb right up under each other's skin. They are really very good at keeping it to their threads though.

I think sometimes I could start a thread about Mac and Alexis and someone who knows who I'm a fan of would come in and bait me. I've worked really hard to try to simply stop posting with or acknowledging or replying to people who either really aggrevate the heck out of me or are known to try to bait me into an argument.

Like I said, I'm not innocent but I certainly don't make it a point to intentionally bait someone or incite a fight. I certainly don't go places to read things that I know I don't like and won't like.

#20   2011/12/29 12:13PM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe: To all my fellow "neighbors in the hood".... I hope you all have a very Happy New Year! I'm about to log off and spend the rest of the week/weekend with my family and friends. I'll be back next week and hopefully I'll be coming back to more great threads and FUN discussions in the new year!

Happy New Year JaneDoe. I wish you peace and love and prosperous adventure in 2012

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list