List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Started by JaneDoe at 2011/12/28 12:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/18 09:32AM, Views: 35558, Replies: 912
    « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:
    #101   2012/01/16 10:15AM
    Re: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat: You know...this board has really truly improved.

But...it gets rather tiring being called out for "whining", being "delusional", a "hypocrite" and "unobjective" just because I don't agree with a poster, want something that's not happening on the show right now, wish things had happened differently or not at all and/or change my opinion about a situation based on the situation at hand NOT an old storyline that's similar but NOT, etc...

So I'm going to sing Kumbaya instead of pointing out the exact same things coming from those posters in different posts of theirs.

The nastiness is still there, but I'm finding it less so these days. If those of us who are respectful continue to post when we can, maybe the board will continue to improve.

I agree. I've done really well with NOT posting with some posters. I KNOW the board has improved simply because of some of the people I've seen on here lately.

#102   2012/01/18 04:10AM
    Vertigobarbie

Ali, I'm with you and liking the calmness of the board lately.
    I've seen some good conversations in some threads and while the posters disagreed there was no accusing someone of being delusional nor was there any calling out or name calling.

Perhaps the board is on it's way to being what it was when I first started lurking here a few years ago.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/01/18 04:11AM
    #103   2012/01/18 08:01AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie: Ali, I'm with you and liking the calmness of the board lately.
    I've seen some good conversations in some threads and while the posters disagreed there was no accusing someone of being delusional nor was there any calling out or name calling.

Perhaps the board is on it's way to being what it was when I first started lurking here a few years ago.

Like JaneDoe said, we just have to keep being respectful and ignore some. I think that makes them go away more than anything.

#104   2012/01/18 08:03AM
    alikat

Okay, it's rainy here today. Not STORM rain just drizzly crappy make mud for my dogs to track into the house rainy.

But it's not cold OR hot. Just YUCK!!!

This is NOT Sunny Florida.

#105   2012/01/18 10:46AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat: Okay, it's rainy here today. Not STORM rain just drizzly crappy make mud for my dogs to track into the house rainy.

But it's not cold OR hot. Just YUCK!!!

This is NOT Sunny Florida.

It's sunny here but cold. It's also slippery in the parking lot because of all the freezing rain we got last night. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love the seat heaters in my car.

#106   2012/01/18 12:20PM
    alikat

I ate sleepy food for lunch and now I want a nap

#107   2012/01/18 08:09PM
    samANDlizFAN

But...it gets rather tiring being called out for "whining", being "delusional", a "hypocrite" and "unobjective" just because I don't agree with a poster, want something that's not happening on the show right now, wish things had happened differently or not at all and/or change my opinion about a situation based on the situation at hand NOT an old storyline that's similar but NOT, etc...

So I'm going to sing Kumbaya instead of pointing out the exact same things coming from those posters in different posts of theirs.

I agree Ali. It IS tiring to be personally bashed for liking a fictional character. I have been called many rude things on here because of who my faves are, although I usually just laugh about it because I know good and well I am NOT a baby knapper(I actually lol'd at this one my hubby looked at me like I was crazy) nor any of the other things said to me. So if ya don't mind I will join you in singing and hope the board continues to be less hostile.

Edited to add that I feel I should warn you before you agree to let me sing with you that I am HORRIBLE. I couldn't carry a tune in a 5 ton dumpster. So if you agree to let me join you ya might want to bring really good ear plugs. Or maybe an IPOD so you can turn the volume up and drown me out. Of course unless you have kumbaya on your IPOD that might be a little challenging listening to one song and singing another.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/01/18 08:13PM
    #108   2012/01/19 03:32AM
    Vertigobarbie

Four of my friends are leaving today for Fort Lauderdale and then on Saturday they are leaving on a cruise. Now that they are leaving to go to a warmer climate it will warm up here. LOL

Ali, this is for you - -26 windchill. Please send some warmth and sunshine my way.

#109   2012/01/19 03:43AM
    alikat

Quote samANDlizFAN:

I agree Ali. It IS tiring to be personally bashed for liking a fictional character. I have been called many rude things on here because of who my faves are, although I usually just laugh about it because I know good and well I am NOT a baby knapper(I actually lol'd at this one my hubby looked at me like I was crazy) nor any of the other things said to me. So if ya don't mind I will join you in singing and hope the board continues to be less hostile.

Edited to add that I feel I should warn you before you agree to let me sing with you that I am HORRIBLE. I couldn't carry a tune in a 5 ton dumpster. So if you agree to let me join you ya might want to bring really good ear plugs. Or maybe an IPOD so you can turn the volume up and drown me out. Of course unless you have kumbaya on your IPOD that might be a little challenging listening to one song and singing another.

LOL...Well I wouldn't expect American Idol finalists out of our "baby knappers"

I have ear plugs but I doubt I'll need them. You're probably MUCH better than you think. But for the benefit of the doubt, don't go to bars making innocent human beings suffer through your Krapaoke

#110   2012/01/19 06:11AM
    JaneDoe

I'm afraid to put this out there on the board, so I figured my safe place would be a good spot to voice this.....

I checked out "The Revolution" yesterday and I LIKED it.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list