List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Started by JaneDoe at 2011/12/28 12:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/20 06:42AM, Views: 40794, Replies: 976
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:
    #91   2012/01/14 11:49AM
    Re: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*
    alikat

Quote BrendaJasonLovesAdam:
    Quote alikat: It's Friday the 13th

Are you superstitious?

For me the answer is no, but I also don't go around flaunting fate so when it's something I can easily do, I do it. Like not walking under a ladder, I bought a new broom for new year this year (Thanks LuvingGH), etc.

Hopefully I'll have nothing bad happen today since it's Friday the 13th. It is one of my best friends birthday. She and I grew up together. She swears she was attacked by a spirit. The house they used to live in has been deemed "haunted" and she has a scar on her arm from the spirit's "attack". Pretty creepy huh?

I am....If I see a black cat crossing the street(to the left), I will not go that way......or most importantly, be the first car after he does, because it's bad luck. And on New Year's Day, I don't wash clothes, because you can wash someone out of your family, or eat blackeyed peas(bad luck).

LOL, I have a stupid black cat that I think is a stray that's always hanging out in my front yard. I'm probably doomed

And I thought you HAD to eat Black Eyed Peas for good luck on New Year. I don't because that's not my family's tradition but here in the south, so many people do.

#92   2012/01/14 12:10PM
    BrendaJasonL...

Quote alikat:

Are you superstitious?

For me the answer is no, but I also don't go around flaunting fate so when it's something I can easily do, I do it. Like not walking under a ladder, I bought a new broom for new year this year (Thanks LuvingGH), etc.

Hopefully I'll have nothing bad happen today since it's Friday the 13th. It is one of my best friends birthday. She and I grew up together. She swears she was attacked by a spirit. The house they used to live in has been deemed "haunted" and she has a scar on her arm from the spirit's "attack". Pretty creepy huh?

I am....If I see a black cat crossing the street(to the left), I will not go that way......or most importantly, be the first car after he does, because it's bad luck. And on New Year's Day, I don't wash clothes, because you can wash someone out of your family, or eat blackeyed peas(bad luck).

LOL, I have a stupid black cat that I think is a stray that's always hanging out in my front yard. I'm probably doomed

And I thought you HAD to eat Black Eyed Peas for good luck on New Year. I don't because that's not my family's tradition but here in the south, so many people do.

I live in the south too, but my mom told me not to eat them. I could have sworn you were supposed to. We do eat greens and fish on New Year's though-for good luck. *shrugs*

#93   2012/01/15 01:18PM
    alikat

Quote alikat:

Are you superstitious?

I live in the south too, but my mom told me not to eat them. I could have sworn you were supposed to. We do eat greens and fish on New Year's though-for good luck. *shrugs*

The Japanese have some tradition where you have to eat brown noodles at New Year. I worked at a Japanese restaurant and they made us wait until midnight to eat these noodles before we could leave.

It's funny that the traditions are all so different but I also think it's cool that people keep those traditions alive, generation through generation.

#94   2012/01/16 04:12AM
    alikat

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in Service.

For those of you off work, LUCKY!!!

For me, it's Monday...UGH!!!

#95   2012/01/16 04:25AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote alikat: Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in Service.

I thought Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was a national holiday. I guess I need a refresher on US holidays.
    Well Quebec has June 24th off as FĂȘte du St-Jean le babtiste while the rest of us work but then the majority of Canada has the first Monday in August off as a civic holiday.

#96   2012/01/16 05:58AM
    alikat

Quote Vertigobarbie:

I thought Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was a national holiday. I guess I need a refresher on US holidays.
    Well Quebec has June 24th off as FĂȘte du St-Jean le babtiste while the rest of us work but then the majority of Canada has the first Monday in August off as a civic holiday.

The US has National Holiday's for all kinds of things. However, the 8-9 main holidays are normally observed by the majority of the country, some of them are only observed (meaning get the day off) by the government, schools, banks and the Post Office.

MLK day is one of those days.

Sadly, there's still prejudice and it's ignorance is more prevalent in the south. I work for a man who is racist (as is his family). I mean I've literally had to tell him, "Please don't use that word at work, it's racist and completely inappropriate and can get the company sued" And he looked at me like I'd grown two heads and was speaking in Chinese.

But here's the kicker...it's also HIS birthday today.

#97   2012/01/16 06:35AM
    JaneDoe

Just a regular work Monday for me too.

#98   2012/01/16 09:53AM
    alikat

You know...this board has really truly improved.

But...it gets rather tiring being called out for "whining", being "delusional", a "hypocrite" and "unobjective" just because I don't agree with a poster, want something that's not happening on the show right now, wish things had happened differently or not at all and/or change my opinion about a situation based on the situation at hand NOT an old storyline that's similar but NOT, etc...

So I'm going to sing Kumbaya instead of pointing out the exact same things coming from those posters in different posts of theirs.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/01/16 09:54AM
    #99   2012/01/16 10:00AM
    ghfanfare

^^^Yes. Why is it that some people have to resort to name calling just because someone has a different opinion, hope, dream, fantasy?! So uncalled for and very impolite.

#100   2012/01/16 10:02AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat: You know...this board has really truly improved.

But...it gets rather tiring being called out for "whining", being "delusional", a "hypocrite" and "unobjective" just because I don't agree with a poster, want something that's not happening on the show right now, wish things had happened differently or not at all and/or change my opinion about a situation based on the situation at hand NOT an old storyline that's similar but NOT, etc...

So I'm going to sing Kumbaya instead of pointing out the exact same things coming from those posters in different posts of theirs.

The nastiness is still there, but I'm finding it less so these days. If those of us who are respectful continue to post when we can, maybe the board will continue to improve.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list