List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Started by JaneDoe at 2011/12/28 12:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/31 11:38AM, Views: 34350, Replies: 906
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2011/12/28 12:08PM
    *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*
    JaneDoe

a beautiful day for a neighbor.... won't you be mine.

Before anyone thinks I've gone off my rocker..... just wanted to say I've thoroughly enjoyed posting today! It's been a VERY long time since I've been able to say that. Discussions about Liz, Lucky, Robin, Sonny, Kate, etc.... and it's all been peaceful and enjoyable. There's not total agreement with everyone (which would be so boring), but there's respect and peaceful discussions that are not resorting to name calling and back and forth blaming. Refreshing!

#2   2011/12/28 12:17PM
    Re: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe: a beautiful day for a neighbor.... won't you be mine.

Before anyone thinks I've gone off my rocker..... just wanted to say I've thoroughly enjoyed posting today! It's been a VERY long time since I've been able to say that. Discussions about Liz, Lucky, Robin, Sonny, Kate, etc.... and it's all been peaceful and enjoyable. There's not total agreement with everyone (which would be so boring), but there's respect and peaceful discussions that are not resorting to name calling and back and forth blaming. Refreshing!

Now that song is stuck in my brain...

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood
    a neighborly day for a beauty
    would you be mine...
    could you be mine...

I have always wanted to have a neighbor
    just like you
    i've always wanted to live in a neighborhood
    with you

so

Let's make the most of theis beaUtiful day
    When we're together
    We might as well say...

would you be mine
    could you be mine
    won't you be my neighbor

Won't you please...
    won't you please...
    Please won't you be
    my neighbor

*dress shoes and jacket off / sneakers and blue sweater on*

Hi boys and girls.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/28 12:18PM
    #3   2011/12/29 07:16AM
    alikat

JD...this is a perfect thread to pull up when a thread has been a pleasant discussion and we just want to acknowledge all of the posters in that thread.

The Kate & Sonny "No Spoilers" thread is a very pleasant discussion between people who love them and don't love them.

And the best part...there's been nothing spoiled in it.

#4   2011/12/29 07:39AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat: JD...this is a perfect thread to pull up when a thread has been a pleasant discussion and we just want to acknowledge all of the posters in that thread.

The Kate & Sonny "No Spoilers" thread is a very pleasant discussion between people who love them and don't love them.

And the best part...there's been nothing spoiled in it.

I agree..... it's proof that it IS possible for people who are on opposite side to have a fun and respectful discussion.

#5   2011/12/29 08:47AM
    Nightmoves

We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum

#6   2011/12/29 08:54AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum

Agreed. Maybe it will continue the way it was started, but like most threads involving Liz and Sam..... my hopes aren't too high.

#7   2011/12/29 09:46AM
    alikat

Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum

See and I felt the first shot was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

Either way, hopefully it's gotten back to discussion instead of bash Elizabeth.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/29 09:49AM
    #8   2011/12/29 10:04AM
    JaneDoe

Quote alikat:

See and I felt the first shot was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less worthy.

#9   2011/12/29 10:09AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote alikat:

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less worthy.

Exactly...I'm guilty of lowering myself to that standard on rare occasions. I speak my mind and don't hold back on my opinions but try to be mindful of the rules of the board and the "flow and feel" of the thread. To come on here solely to bait and bash seems like a waste of energy to me.

#10   2011/12/29 10:10AM
    alikat

Now, to get back to what this thread is about.

The Shawn/Carly thread is very very pleasant. There's two pros and one con in there but they all seem to be beautiful, fabulous, remarkable, wonderful posters.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list