List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Robin should be recast.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Robin should be recast.

Started by Corinthos Family at 2011/12/27 05:14PM
    Latest post: 2011/12/28 02:00PM, Views: 2140, Replies: 20
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2011/12/27 05:14PM
    Robin should be recast.
    Corinthos Fa...

Let me start by saying this is NOT a bait thread or a bash thread of the actress Kimberly McCollough or her amazing talent. In fact, I love Kimberly myself and I have enjoyed throughout the years on GH. With that being said, why do they have to write the character of Robin completely off just because Kimberly wants to leave the show? There are so many talented actresses out there that can come and do a great job of playing Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake. And I know at least two actresses for a fact that would do an excellent job playing the role of Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake and their names are Alyssa Milano and Eden Riegel. Alyssa is best known for playing Samantha Micelli on ABC's Who's The Boss, and Eden is best known for playing Bianca on ABC's All My Children and Heather on CSB's The Young and The Restless. So you see, I see no point in writing off the role completely when there capable people to take over the role. When Sarah Joy Brown left the role of Carly they didn't write off the character of Carly did they? No they recast the role three times and the show went on so they should do the same for the role of Robin.

#2   2011/12/28 04:02AM
    Re: Robin should be recast.
    Bizlet

I agree I love KM and she has made the roll of Robin over many years, but with all those great actress's on the market w the cancellations who could make the roll their why not give it a shot.

#3   2011/12/28 07:20AM
    JaneDoe

I might agree if the character of Robin had not been ONLY portrayed by KMc since she was a child. That's just too hard to replace if you ask me. I've settled for many recasts over the years and have been able to readjust to the new actor/actress in most cases, but there are just a few actors that cannot be replaced. KMc as Robin is one of those for me.

#4   2011/12/28 08:48AM
    BrendaMorganQ

I agree that Dr. Scorpio Drake should be recast so tht we do not have to go through the blinding s/l of Patrick and Maggie hooking up only to have Robin resurface alive and well. After the hellasous s/l of Lisa still fresh, why put viewers through Patrick and another woman along with a new mommy for Emma. Let her go off to Africa and return in the form of a new actress. Not Eden Rigel. We need an actress who has real spunk and not a soft push over ever when she has to be tough.

An actress who looks like KM or Anna. Who can be a kick butt brunette. This will give us a chance to see Robin protrayed more in line with her spy parents and the spunky kid she use to be while living with Duke.

#5   2011/12/28 10:11AM
    theresao

From what I've read KMcC has asked that the character of Robin leave with her and not be recast.. TPTB are honoring her request.

#6   2011/12/28 10:15AM
    JaneDoe

Quote theresao: From what I've read KMcC has asked that the character of Robin leave with her and not be recast.. TPTB are honoring her request.

I think that's nice if it's true. Like I said earlier.... it's hard to replace someone who's portrayed the character (off and on) since childhood and is the only person to ever play the part.

#7   2011/12/28 10:15AM
    Nightmoves

Quote theresao: From what I've read KMcC has asked that the character of Robin leave with her and not be recast.. TPTB are honoring her request.

I heard that too TO.

I really don't want the character to leave for good. I remember when Robin came to PC as a child, and she has only been played by KMcC. Normally I would say no to a recast but in this case I'd rather have her re-casted then die.

#8   2011/12/28 10:16AM
    alikat

Quote JaneDoe: I might agree if the character of Robin had not been ONLY portrayed by KMc since she was a child. That's just too hard to replace if you ask me. I've settled for many recasts over the years and have been able to readjust to the new actor/actress in most cases, but there are just a few actors that cannot be replaced. KMc as Robin is one of those for me.

I agree. There are just a few actors who ARE the character.

Maurice Benard is someone I don't think could be replaced as Sonny.

On Guiding Light, they could have NEVER convinced me to believe anyone other than Kim Zimmer was Reva Shayne Lewis.

Erika Sleezyk (or however you spell her last name) is the only Victoria Lord Buchannon

Diedra Hall is the only Marlena Evans. Alison Sweeney is the only Sammi Brady and Melissa Reeves is the ONLY Jennifer Horton.

There's just some characters that I can't see replaced. I'd just rather the character go away until the actor returns.

#9   2011/12/28 10:18AM
    alikat

As they should!!! I think TPTB can really do themselves favors by showing respect to characters, actors and/or fans. Recasting Robin (unless on an emergency basis), to me, is just plain disrespecting the character, actor and fans.

JMO

#10   2011/12/28 10:19AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Nightmoves:

I heard that too TO.

I really don't want the character to leave for good. I remember when Robin came to PC as a child, and she has only been played by KMcC. Normally I would say no to a recast but in this case I'd rather have her re-casted then die.

I REALLY hope they do not kill her off. I do not want a re-cast at all, so I hope the door is left open for her.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list