List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)

Started by firestorm at 2011/11/20 06:00PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/25 04:13PM, Views: 5588195, Replies: 65535
    « 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 7729 7730 7731 7732 7733 7734 » »| page:
    #77281   2014/02/18 04:43PM
    Re: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)
    dieleelantef...

Wow loved todays show and what is wrong with Robyn and I love Patrick scenes and what he said yes Robyn you have a family and they need you but no ST Jason will take first in your life.
    Now Lante yes Dante is a father and Lulu is not too happy but I did love Dante expressions and how happy he is. Jane I agree with you where are there thinking caps everythig you said is right maybe Dante and Sonny scenes will reveal more like take the Britt to court and sue her as!!!!.

#77282   2014/02/18 10:20PM
    LanteChick

Quote Lulu Lover: I think Lante needs get drunk. Then their need kill Britt.

LOL!!!

Post of the day.....William,you are a hoot!!!

#77283   2014/02/18 10:34PM
    LanteChick

Quote Janeway: Morning Lante lovers! Reading the comments here I feel another "Brenda vortex " type agony coming up. I hated to watch what they did to Dante's character and his history and relationship to Lulu in that story.

I LOVE that both Dom & Emme are getting such a major story and meaty material. I just don't know how much I can watch without throwing something at the TV. And as much as I love them, especially Dom, I am afraid that I will not be saving a lot of the upcoming episodes on my DVR.

The whole thing is just too frustrating! We all know that Britt is a serial liar, first Patty was the father, then Brad and now Dante, and yet everyone just takes her word for everything. Especially Nik. If I was a Nik fan, I would be furious they are making him look like a total fool. And Lulu singing her praises-disgusting!
    Liz deciding not to tell Dante he has a kid to protect Lulu's delicate feelings???? Please.

This baby story has more holes than a block of swiss cheese. Dante didn't leave any sperm in the lab, Ellie used it to make the embryos. Dante is a detective, yet he never even picked up the phone to call Ellie and hear her story about those missing embryos (she sure seemed surprised when she couldn't find them). Will the characters even REMEMBER the missing EMBRYOS?

Why oh why does Lulu sound so clueless??? Has baby loss turned her SPENCER brain to mush??? She used to sense a con a mile away. Being written way OOC.

Don't like the rumors re:Nate. First off the kid cannot act, painful to watch. I also don't want Lu to lean on someone else other than Dante. She has the most understanding husband, c'mon. And if she does more w/ Nate as much as I like ER I can't watch, couldn't even stand to watch lu kiss Milo! I honestly don't think they would go that far... but with RC who knows???

Maybe i will be all wrong and Lulu will grow up and realize all this is not about her. Maybe she will remember what she said to Dante about being stronger and taking his feelings into account. Who knows maybe they will surprise us and they will work together to solve their problems.... who knows anything is possible.

Ready for todays BOMBSHELL for Lante!

I take exception with some of what you posted ...respect it though. Lulu is a mature,grown woman. She's been handed a crappy hand since NYE and has dug deep and grown a lot even since then.

Lulu is not the only clueless one in the situation with Britt ...both Dante and Lulu didn't question Britt at all today while she was snowing them with her lies.

I'll be the first to say how I love checking out spoilers ....but by now I think we know where the legit ones are. Why worry about rumours posted when many don't even show up on screen.

Enjoy reading your posts....thanks for always sharing your pov with the Lex! Xoxo

#77284   2014/02/18 10:42PM
    LanteChick

Daisy!!! Look at you and the great recaps you did for us. Thanks so much...it's appreciated!! I'll be around for tomorrow's show to do them.

I'm up watching the Olympics at this early hour....love that we get the Live stuff up here on CBC. Getting nervous about our hockey games coming up for both Mens&ladies ....ekkkk

#77285   2014/02/18 10:51PM
    LanteChick

Nice interview here with Emme ....

General Hospital celebrated the filming of its 13,000 episode on Tuesday, January 28 — and Young and the Restless alum Emme Rylan was on hand to celebrate the milestone episode, which will air on February 24.
    In addition to taking part in the cutting of the cake, Rylan, who made the transition from Abby Newman to the ABC soap in the role of Lulu Spencer, replacing Julie Marie Berman, spoke to an intimate group of journalists about how hard the decision to switch soaps was, how she stays in touch with her former Y&R cast members, what it is like working with Tony Geary and Jane Eliott, and the drama of her GH baby storyline.
    How does Lulu compare to Abby?
    They are incredibly different people. The similarity is that they are the products of iconic daytime characters. Abby was Victor Newman’s daughter and Lulu is Luke and Laura’s daughter. I feel like that is where the connection ends. Abby had a half a billion dollars. She didn’t have to work. Everyone would say she was like the Paris Hilton of the show. She was doing a reality show and trying to get attention. I think she was trying to get her parents’ attention. She was a spoiled, little, rich girl. That is just the opposite of who Lulu is. It hasn’t been that difficult of a change for me to go from Abby to Lulu because the scripts are so incredibly different and the circumstances are so different, so as long as you play the reality of what is happening here, it’s going to be nothing like Abby.
    Do you ever tune in to see what Abby is up to?
    I wish I could say I do … a little. Working full time with two toddlers, I hardly watch any TV, but it is less about seeing the show as it is about talking to the actors. I stay in contact with everybody from over there. It was a really difficult decision to make [to leave]. I love everybody over there.
    You mentioned your toddlers. Can you talk about how being a real-life mom has impacted your playing the baby storyline on General Hospital?
    This is the second time that I have lost a baby on daytime television The first time was as Lizzie on Guiding Light. [Back then] I mean, I tried. I dug deep. I cried a lot. I tried to envision what that kind of loss and pain would be like. Now [that I am a mom], I want to go back and re-shoot all that stuff.
    Now, in the GH scene when I was with the baby on the bed, and the door opened and it was child protective services, it was the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I looked up and they were standing there and it was really hard. That whole day I was, “I’m so sorry. I’m not having any creative acting choices. I cannot stop crying.” I was crying on the bed. I was crying on the baby. Then I went home and squeezed the crap out of my children. My best friend in real life works with child and youth services, so when they were at the door, knowing that people go through this and this is real, it was sad.
    After work to shake it off, I went to kickboxing. I did everything from working out and screaming Katy Perry songs on my drive home from work to really let it go. I don’t feel like I’ve ever had a hard time letting go before.
    What about when Lulu is on the opposite side of a court case and trying to get a child — the whole Ben thing — because the tables are turned?
    We’re heading into that. We actually still don’t know what they’re going to do. At the moment, Lulu still has no baby and no idea of anything. I would just like to point out that I was cryogenically frozen, so I don’t have many more eggs left, so I really need that one.
    I was really happy that they did that, because I am a Nikolas and Britt fan, so when they’re together… I was like, “Whatever? Make another baby. Look how good they are together.” Even though, obviously, we know what Britt did was wrong, I feel like the audience could maybe be like… maybe Lulu and Dante just make another one and let them be happy, ’cause they’re so awesome together. So as soon as they did that, you have no more eggs left. Yes, just when I think the stakes are high, they push it higher.
    What can you tease us about a possible Dante and Lulu reunion? How did you like playing the separation story because it really was a logical outcome from the loss of the baby?
    It really made sense to me. As a viewer of the show, when you love a couple, you really want them to be together so their perspective is very different than ours is to play it. They made such a big deal about him on the stand not having my back, we couldn’t just let it go. And this is grief. This is grieving and there are many stages of that. I think it really needed to happen.
    Can you talk about working with some of the veterans on the show like Tony Geary? There is so much hype, does it make you nervous?
    It does. In my mind before [I met] Tony, I had hyped it up in my head and was petrified. Then [you're] with him for 20 seconds, and he’s just so open and present and supportive, you feel like he wants you to succeed in a scene as much as you do. So it was fear for like a second. Then we have a lot of fun together.
    I’m kind of obsessed with Jane Eliott right now. We’re having some really fun stuff and we’re having fun working together. I’m finding myself staying on set to watch her scenes. Actually, she and Tony do some crazy stuff that we actually shot last week that was fun. Pretty much, you just want to learn from them — everyone who has been here for a long time — you want them to give you some history. You’re like, “Please, tell me everything.” There’s only so much watching old episodes. It’s very different watching the experiences a character has had than actually playing them out. I’ve done homework and I can see it. But for the people who were there in it, they can give me a different perspective. They’ve all been really helpful and cheerleaders for what we’ve been doing.
    The fans have been really hard on you. Where are you with that?
    I thought I knew what it was going to be like, and I had no idea what it was going to be like. This is the first time that I ever worked on a soap with Twitter and hatred at the same time. I came in, “Yeah let’s do this. It’s going to be fun and it’s going to be amazing.” A month later I was like, “Oh, my God. I’m getting hate messages on my phone every morning when I’m waking up.” I got really upset. I got super bummed for a couple of months; it was so different and startling for me. Then somewhere in that the boundaries went up. All of a sudden, I said, “OK. I just have to turn it off.” I turned off the alerts because you can do that so they don’t come to your phone in the morning. I had to just come to work and do what I was doing. Then Dominic [Zamprogna] and I were having so much fun together and it was awesome.
    I needed to learn how to do that. My mom was like, “You need to have a thicker skin.” I’m like, “I’m an actor. We can’t have a thick skin. I can’t go to work during the day and be vulnerable and open and then turn that off.”

#77286   2014/02/19 01:06AM
    Lulu Lover

Quote LanteChick: Nice interview here with Emme ....

General Hospital celebrated the filming of its 13,000 episode on Tuesday, January 28 — and Young and the Restless alum Emme Rylan was on hand to celebrate the milestone episode, which will air on February 24.
    In addition to taking part in the cutting of the cake, Rylan, who made the transition from Abby Newman to the ABC soap in the role of Lulu Spencer, replacing Julie Marie Berman, spoke to an intimate group of journalists about how hard the decision to switch soaps was, how she stays in touch with her former Y&R cast members, what it is like working with Tony Geary and Jane Eliott, and the drama of her GH baby storyline.
    How does Lulu compare to Abby?
    They are incredibly different people. The similarity is that they are the products of iconic daytime characters. Abby was Victor Newman’s daughter and Lulu is Luke and Laura’s daughter. I feel like that is where the connection ends. Abby had a half a billion dollars. She didn’t have to work. Everyone would say she was like the Paris Hilton of the show. She was doing a reality show and trying to get attention. I think she was trying to get her parents’ attention. She was a spoiled, little, rich girl. That is just the opposite of who Lulu is. It hasn’t been that difficult of a change for me to go from Abby to Lulu because the scripts are so incredibly different and the circumstances are so different, so as long as you play the reality of what is happening here, it’s going to be nothing like Abby.
    Do you ever tune in to see what Abby is up to?
    I wish I could say I do … a little. Working full time with two toddlers, I hardly watch any TV, but it is less about seeing the show as it is about talking to the actors. I stay in contact with everybody from over there. It was a really difficult decision to make [to leave]. I love everybody over there.
    You mentioned your toddlers. Can you talk about how being a real-life mom has impacted your playing the baby storyline on General Hospital?
    This is the second time that I have lost a baby on daytime television The first time was as Lizzie on Guiding Light. [Back then] I mean, I tried. I dug deep. I cried a lot. I tried to envision what that kind of loss and pain would be like. Now [that I am a mom], I want to go back and re-shoot all that stuff.
    Now, in the GH scene when I was with the baby on the bed, and the door opened and it was child protective services, it was the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I looked up and they were standing there and it was really hard. That whole day I was, “I’m so sorry. I’m not having any creative acting choices. I cannot stop crying.” I was crying on the bed. I was crying on the baby. Then I went home and squeezed the crap out of my children. My best friend in real life works with child and youth services, so when they were at the door, knowing that people go through this and this is real, it was sad.
    After work to shake it off, I went to kickboxing. I did everything from working out and screaming Katy Perry songs on my drive home from work to really let it go. I don’t feel like I’ve ever had a hard time letting go before.
    What about when Lulu is on the opposite side of a court case and trying to get a child — the whole Ben thing — because the tables are turned?
    We’re heading into that. We actually still don’t know what they’re going to do. At the moment, Lulu still has no baby and no idea of anything. I would just like to point out that I was cryogenically frozen, so I don’t have many more eggs left, so I really need that one.
    I was really happy that they did that, because I am a Nikolas and Britt fan, so when they’re together… I was like, “Whatever? Make another baby. Look how good they are together.” Even though, obviously, we know what Britt did was wrong, I feel like the audience could maybe be like… maybe Lulu and Dante just make another one and let them be happy, ’cause they’re so awesome together. So as soon as they did that, you have no more eggs left. Yes, just when I think the stakes are high, they push it higher.
    What can you tease us about a possible Dante and Lulu reunion? How did you like playing the separation story because it really was a logical outcome from the loss of the baby?
    It really made sense to me. As a viewer of the show, when you love a couple, you really want them to be together so their perspective is very different than ours is to play it. They made such a big deal about him on the stand not having my back, we couldn’t just let it go. And this is grief. This is grieving and there are many stages of that. I think it really needed to happen.
    Can you talk about working with some of the veterans on the show like Tony Geary? There is so much hype, does it make you nervous?
    It does. In my mind before [I met] Tony, I had hyped it up in my head and was petrified. Then [you're] with him for 20 seconds, and he’s just so open and present and supportive, you feel like he wants you to succeed in a scene as much as you do. So it was fear for like a second. Then we have a lot of fun together.
    I’m kind of obsessed with Jane Eliott right now. We’re having some really fun stuff and we’re having fun working together. I’m finding myself staying on set to watch her scenes. Actually, she and Tony do some crazy stuff that we actually shot last week that was fun. Pretty much, you just want to learn from them — everyone who has been here for a long time — you want them to give you some history. You’re like, “Please, tell me everything.” There’s only so much watching old episodes. It’s very different watching the experiences a character has had than actually playing them out. I’ve done homework and I can see it. But for the people who were there in it, they can give me a different perspective. They’ve all been really helpful and cheerleaders for what we’ve been doing.
    The fans have been really hard on you. Where are you with that?
    I thought I knew what it was going to be like, and I had no idea what it was going to be like. This is the first time that I ever worked on a soap with Twitter and hatred at the same time. I came in, “Yeah let’s do this. It’s going to be fun and it’s going to be amazing.” A month later I was like, “Oh, my God. I’m getting hate messages on my phone every morning when I’m waking up.” I got really upset. I got super bummed for a couple of months; it was so different and startling for me. Then somewhere in that the boundaries went up. All of a sudden, I said, “OK. I just have to turn it off.” I turned off the alerts because you can do that so they don’t come to your phone in the morning. I had to just come to work and do what I was doing. Then Dominic [Zamprogna] and I were having so much fun together and it was awesome.
    I needed to learn how to do that. My mom was like, “You need to have a thicker skin.” I’m like, “I’m an actor. We can’t have a thick skin. I can’t go to work during the day and be vulnerable and open and then turn that off.”

#77287   2014/02/19 01:07AM
    Lulu Lover

Hope everyone has a great Lante day.

#77288   2014/02/19 04:12AM
    LovinMyLife

Quote Lulu Lover: Who is this secret Kingpin behide Julian??

Could it possibly be Ric? I don't know much about him. Or could it possibly be the new character portrayed by Donna Mills, rumored to be related to Julian/Ave?

#77289   2014/02/19 04:14AM
    LovinMyLife

Quote daisylover: Bradford Anderson's Castle episode is next Monday night.

Thanks for the information - I will try and watch - I did not care for Spin but thought BA was a great actor.

#77290   2014/02/19 04:19AM
    LovinMyLife

Quote Storyloverfan: Wow! Nothing like ripping a man's heart out and stomping all over it. Poor Patrick.

Have never been invested in the Patrick/Robin drama but I thought JT's reaction and acting choices were brillant. Enjoyed his character today more than ever.

« 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 7729 7730 7731 7732 7733 7734 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list