List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)

Started by firestorm at 2011/11/20 06:00PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/25 04:13PM, Views: 5654621, Replies: 65535
    « 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 7429 7430 7431 » »| page:
    #74251   2013/10/28 09:14AM
    Re: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)
    LanteChick

I just saw a commercial for a remake of The Sound Of Music,staring Carrie Underwood.....noooooooooooo!!!

I think Carrie has a beautiful voice,but why does Hollywood have to mess with perfection?!

#74252   2013/10/28 09:49AM
    daisylover

Quote LanteChick:
    Quote daisylover:
    Quote Caitie: Hi all! I haven’t been around lately because I just don’t feel the same Lante magic that I used to enjoy, and I respect that this board is for those of you who still do. Sometimes, I do miss the feeling of being so invested, but, try as any of us might, we can’t “think” ourselves into feeling – it just has to be there. That said, I still care about what happens to Lante … and the characters of both Dante and Lulu are still very important to me.

So, like those of you here who “travel” around, I have been really disappointed, especially this past week, to read all the negative comments about Lante and specifically about Lulu. Lulu has been dear to my heart for a long time – pre-dating Dante and Lante – and I do NOT enjoy reading so much negativity.

Sadly failing to be understood has been a cross Lulu has often had to bear. Just look at 2011 when she was judged harshly for her actions in a year when she suffered an accumulation of many emotional trials and roadblocks – serious lies from Dante; her nephew dying because of her father’s actions; said father falling into booze and alienation from his family; a “shattering” experience at the Haunted Star with Luke; a failed intervention; Luke’s disappearance; the departure of one brother (Nik); a relapse into drug use by another brother (Lucky); an overall feeling that the family she wanted so much had slipped away from her; an abortive attempt to find Luke; and then another near-fatal shooting of Dante – on the very night she was about to accept his marriage proposal. Yet, even with the accumulation of all this emotional upheaval, Lulu was condemned for her subsequent reactions – just as she is being harshly judged now for an understandably highly emotional response.

I guess this might show a couple of things. First, soap fans sometimes don’t look too deeply in characters’ motives and sometimes live only “in the moment” without consideration of the accumulation of events and emotions. Second, essentially “good” characters can sometimes be held to higher standards than the acknowledged “bad” ones. But, these negative reactions can be put in the past (and this is why I included the 2011 example). If fans could find it in their hearts and minds to eventually understand … and then forgive and forget … Lulu’s perceived missteps that year, they can also do so in the current story.

So I am hoping to see this story progress with fairly presented POV for all of the main players!!! To create this fair POV, I’m hoping RC writes the “beats” of the story for everyone. Sometimes, in his rush to create “plot points,” he uses his characters like chess pieces to put in place to further his story outlines – rather than as complex individuals with varying emotions.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend.

Totally agree Caitie. Expecially the bold above. Soap fans are a fickle bunch. I too have been going to other sites, which I rarely do, and I shake my head at all the Lulu ranting. I don't find her reactions to the total destruction of her dream for her family at all unexpected. What I find disheartening is the reaction from many as to why she's reacting this way. Seems that some feel she is doing this purely to hurt Maxie. That has never been Lulu and never could.
    Can't say I'm thrilled with RC's perception right now. I feel there could have been many ways to show both Maxie and Lulu in a sympathetic light but guess that doesn't fit his senario at this time. I'm hoping that in some way, in the not too distant future, he is planning to turn this around and bring some of the sympathy that is so lavishly flowing for Maxie right now to bathe Lulu.
    It doesn't surprise me that Lulu would react this way. Seems like for the first time she has finally been within reach of the kind of family she has dreamed of, always wanted to be a part of, and now it's being pulled from her grasp again. Who wouldn't fight for it?
    Hopefully, when we're able to see Dante's POV that will help lessen the animosity toward Lulu.
    Fans can turn on a dime, not waiting for the payoff but judging a character by each episode, and for me, that's a sad thing. Seems like fans want story lines on soaps to be like their favorite prime time shows now. They want the instant gratification of the wrapped up story in an hour instead of the slow, steady, build so we can get much deeper into the story, the characters, and the who, what, when, where and why of the characters and the story before we judge.

'Not waiting for the payoff...judging a character by each episode'

Daisy,you put it perfectly for me....great great post,esp that last paragraph!!

Lulu and Dante are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Had they handed the baby over right after the truth reveal at the christening,they probably would have been called fickle and that they only cared about blood ties. Although I want them to give up the baby,if told fairly/both get pov,this is story for them....not my favourite,but better then several in the past I've watched them in. IMO

You're so right. Lante is between a rock and a hard spot. No matter what direction, they would be crucified by fans. I too want them to give up the baby, but I want to hear the conversations between Lulu and Dante, coming to the realization that it's the right thing. I don't want a judge to tell anyone what they have to do.
    But... as you say, this is a story line that no matter how the viewer feels, its being talked about, watched and either enjoyed or hated, but it's at the forefront and people are engaged. Isn't that the goal for any soap actor or writer?

#74253   2013/10/28 10:59AM
    Lulu Lover

Here for Lante!!

#74254   2013/10/28 11:01AM
    Stronci

Quote LanteChick: I just saw a commercial for a remake of The Sound Of Music,staring Carrie Underwood.....noooooooooooo!!!

I think Carrie has a beautiful voice,but why does Hollywood have to mess with perfection?!

Because no one can come up with an original idea anymore!!

#74255   2013/10/28 11:02AM
    Stronci

Here and ready to Rock n Roll!

#74256   2013/10/28 11:03AM
    luvmygirls

Quote Stronci: Here and ready to Rock n Roll!

Here and excited for a new week!

#74257   2013/10/28 11:06AM
    LanteChick

Here we go for Monday.....

New day in PC....Morgan and Ava at her place. He wants to know how they can go after Sonny.

Olivia comes to the warehouse....asks Sonny if he knows who trashed the place. He says he might.

Alexis w/ Danny comes to see Julian at his office ...tells him Sam is in NY on business.

Sam and Silas at Ryan's Diner in NY.

Maxie outside Kelly's on the phone with Spinelli...she's excited about all the baby stuff she got to get ready to bring their baby home. Patrick comes by...he tells her about his engagement to Sabrina.

Sabrina/Carlos

Robin at Windemere ..sneaks out the door but someone grabs her.

#74258   2013/10/28 11:06AM
    Lulu Lover

Maxie vs Lulu Maxie buy baby things.

#74259   2013/10/28 11:11AM
    Lulu Lover

Olivia and Sonny both you need to leave that warehouse and go back to his house and make love.

#74260   2013/10/28 11:17AM
    LanteChick

It's Nicolas that grabs Robin....asks her where she's going. She tells him to stop her husband fr marrying another woman.

Sabrina/Carlos...he see's her ring on her finger.

Patrick tells Maxie that he would like it if she would be happy for them and give them her blessing. She asks if he's sure about this.

Olivia/Sonny....she knows he's keeping something from her in his business,asks him not to shut her out.

Ava/Morgan....she's trying to convince him not to join their business. Morgan says if Michael can work for Sonny then he can work for them. Ava asks if he's ok working for the man who tried to kill him last night.

Julian/Alexis with Danny....Gushing about the little boy. Alexis asks him about his date with Carly,he doesn't give her any details. Julian asks Alexis what Sam is doing in NY...Alexis tells him to get info on Ava Jerome's brother.

Sam/Alexis....talking about why Ava would come to this place. Waitress walks up and welcomes them to Ryan's.

« 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 7429 7430 7431 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list