List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)

Started by firestorm at 2011/11/20 06:00PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/25 04:13PM, Views: 5539336, Replies: 65535
    « 7418 7419 7420 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 » »| page:
    #74221   2013/10/26 07:20AM
    Re: The Lante Express 3 / All Things Lulu & Dante (FANS ONLY/NO BASH)
    Caitie

Hi all! I haven’t been around lately because I just don’t feel the same Lante magic that I used to enjoy, and I respect that this board is for those of you who still do. Sometimes, I do miss the feeling of being so invested, but, try as any of us might, we can’t “think” ourselves into feeling – it just has to be there. That said, I still care about what happens to Lante … and the characters of both Dante and Lulu are still very important to me.

So, like those of you here who “travel” around, I have been really disappointed, especially this past week, to read all the negative comments about Lante and specifically about Lulu. Lulu has been dear to my heart for a long time – pre-dating Dante and Lante – and I do NOT enjoy reading so much negativity.

Sadly failing to be understood has been a cross Lulu has often had to bear. Just look at 2011 when she was judged harshly for her actions in a year when she suffered an accumulation of many emotional trials and roadblocks – serious lies from Dante; her nephew dying because of her father’s actions; said father falling into booze and alienation from his family; a “shattering” experience at the Haunted Star with Luke; a failed intervention; Luke’s disappearance; the departure of one brother (Nik); a relapse into drug use by another brother (Lucky); an overall feeling that the family she wanted so much had slipped away from her; an abortive attempt to find Luke; and then another near-fatal shooting of Dante – on the very night she was about to accept his marriage proposal. Yet, even with the accumulation of all this emotional upheaval, Lulu was condemned for her subsequent reactions – just as she is being harshly judged now for an understandably highly emotional response.

I guess this might show a couple of things. First, soap fans sometimes don’t look too deeply in characters’ motives and sometimes live only “in the moment” without consideration of the accumulation of events and emotions. Second, essentially “good” characters can sometimes be held to higher standards than the acknowledged “bad” ones.

But, these negative reactions can be put in the past (and this is why I included the 2011 example). If fans could find it in their hearts and minds to eventually understand … and then forgive and forget … Lulu’s perceived missteps that year, they can also do so in the current story.

So I am hoping to see this story progress with fairly presented POV for all of the main players!!! To create this fair POV, I’m hoping RC writes the “beats” of the story for everyone. Sometimes, in his rush to create “plot points,” he uses his characters like chess pieces to put in place to further his story outlines – rather than as complex individuals with varying emotions.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend.

#74222   2013/10/26 08:49AM
    LanteChick

Quote Caitie: Hi all! I haven’t been around lately because I just don’t feel the same Lante magic that I used to enjoy, and I respect that this board is for those of you who still do. Sometimes, I do miss the feeling of being so invested, but, try as any of us might, we can’t “think” ourselves into feeling – it just has to be there. That said, I still care about what happens to Lante … and the characters of both Dante and Lulu are still very important to me.

So, like those of you here who “travel” around, I have been really disappointed, especially this past week, to read all the negative comments about Lante and specifically about Lulu. Lulu has been dear to my heart for a long time – pre-dating Dante and Lante – and I do NOT enjoy reading so much negativity.

Sadly failing to be understood has been a cross Lulu has often had to bear. Just look at 2011 when she was judged harshly for her actions in a year when she suffered an accumulation of many emotional trials and roadblocks – serious lies from Dante; her nephew dying because of her father’s actions; said father falling into booze and alienation from his family; a “shattering” experience at the Haunted Star with Luke; a failed intervention; Luke’s disappearance; the departure of one brother (Nik); a relapse into drug use by another brother (Lucky); an overall feeling that the family she wanted so much had slipped away from her; an abortive attempt to find Luke; and then another near-fatal shooting of Dante – on the very night she was about to accept his marriage proposal. Yet, even with the accumulation of all this emotional upheaval, Lulu was condemned for her subsequent reactions – just as she is being harshly judged now for an understandably highly emotional response.

I guess this might show a couple of things. First, soap fans sometimes don’t look too deeply in characters’ motives and sometimes live only “in the moment” without consideration of the accumulation of events and emotions. Second, essentially “good” characters can sometimes be held to higher standards than the acknowledged “bad” ones.

But, these negative reactions can be put in the past (and this is why I included the 2011 example). If fans could find it in their hearts and minds to eventually understand … and then forgive and forget … Lulu’s perceived missteps that year, they can also do so in the current story.

So I am hoping to see this story progress with fairly presented POV for all of the main players!!! To create this fair POV, I’m hoping RC writes the “beats” of the story for everyone. Sometimes, in his rush to create “plot points,” he uses his characters like chess pieces to put in place to further his story outlines – rather than as complex individuals with varying emotions.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend.

And we miss you C...I learned a lot from you and the online soap world stuff!!

I love these characters dearly too...warts and all. Right now Lulu is not doing this out of malice toward someone,she's not deliberately hurting someone....i feel she's doing this out of desperation. So desperate to hold on to this baby she thought was her own,those feelings can't be just shut off like a switch. I understand her,yes,I want her to give this baby up,but I understand her.

Pov...YES!! Really hope we see both Dante and Lulu's....will be great to see him this upcoming week!!

#74223   2013/10/26 08:54AM
    LanteChick

Quote lovedandl: I'm a little slow posting this this week... rough week. My mother-in-law passed away. But in case no one has posted these links yet, don't forget to vote!

www.welovesoaps.net/search/label/Soap%20of%20the%20Week

And remember this one you can vote twice a day all the way through Tuesday!

tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/10/pulse-poll-october-21-2013-edition/

And lets hope we see more Lante very soon!

Oh I'm sending my condolences to you and family....hope you find comfort in the memories and each other. *hugs*

Thanks so much for the links you provide!!!

Can't wait to see Lante....miss them!!!

#74224   2013/10/26 08:59AM
    LanteChick

Quote Stronci:
    Quote LovinMyLife:
    Quote Stronci: Hi, Lex!

Have been watching, but just now logging on.

Derekulian is definitely showing more of his evil Jerome side today!!

Poor Patrick not being clued in on his wife's very much alive presence in PC!

I like and enjoy Derek/Julian and his evil Jerome side. Do not like that characters who perform evil deeds are reformed and never pay for their evilness. Would like to see him be evil for a long time with no redemption. I can still enjoy looking at him and find his evilness very entertaining.

I agree! Sonny already has the market covered as "the mobster with a good heart," so I hope they leave Derekulian evil. I think he will be portrayed similarly to Sonny, though, as he already has a soft spot for Sam and Danny. Once it is confirmed that they are his blood daughter and grandson, it will get very interesting!

Yesterday Julian really showed his ruthless side....and I liked it. I completely agree,we have enough grey area characters on this show and borderline silly villians...keep Julian dark,enough with the gummy bear mobsters on this show!!

#74225   2013/10/26 09:10AM
    LanteChick

Last evening HNY was posting over at DD....always stresses that the scoops they provide aren't 100% but found this answer to the question interesting none the less.

HNY anything on Dante and when does the truth about Ben comes out and when do lante find out the truth?

"Make them laugh, make them cry, but most of all make them wait."

My understanding, Ben belonging to Dante/Lulu is a two-part reveal. The audience hears the truth long before Dante/Lulu learn of it. I hate to give out timelines with RC's pacing issues, but if I had to guess, not before February.

-Happy New Years

#74226   2013/10/26 09:33AM
    LanteChick

Happy Saturday Lex!!

If you have time this weekend spread some Lante love anyway you can.....Emme's birthday is coming up Nov 4th,dropping a birthday card in the mail would be a sweet way to show her love.

Mailing address:

General Hospital
    c/o Abc-TV
    4151 Prospect Ave
    Hollywood CA 90027

GH comment line: 323-671-4583

Twitter:

@GeneralHospital

@carlivatiron

@valentinifrank

@dom_zamprogna

@EmmeRylan

#74227   2013/10/26 09:38AM
    Storyloverfan

Quote lovedandl: I'm a little slow posting this this week... rough week. My mother-in-law passed away. But in case no one has posted these links yet, don't forget to vote!

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. HUGS

#74228   2013/10/26 10:43AM
    LanteChick

Some detailed spoilers for upcoming week from Soap Town USA.....looks like we get Dante and Lulu Tuesday and Wednesday.

Previews for General Hospital

For the week of October 28th
    Monday, October 28
    Nikolas catches Robin trying to sneak out of Wyndemere, troubled by the news of Patrick’s engagement as today is Robin and Patrick's wedding anniversary; Sabrina leaves things open with Carlos; ;Patrick runs into Maxie who’s frantically preparing for her baby to be returned to her;Alexis reveals to Derrick that Sam in in NY and that she thinks Sam’s father could be Ava’s brother, who is Julian Jerome from the DNA test that was taken, Silas and Sam meet Delia at Ryan's Bar who claims not to know Victor Jerome or Ava.

Tuesday, October 29
    Dante and Lulu await word from Alexis about the fate of Baby Connie while Spinelli and Maxie prepare for the baby’s arrival; Diane arrives with the bad news that she failed to get the court order. The judge agreed to allow Dante and Lulu to fight for custody; Olivia tries to dissuade Sonny from “eliminating” Julian Jerome he assures her not to worry; Derrick visits Ava and reveals that Alexis now knows, via DNA, that Sam’s father was Julian Jerome.

Wednesday, October 30
    Ellie apologizes to Spinelli once again for her role in Maxie’s deception; Maxie confronts Lulu about claiming she is an unfit mother; Olivia considers telling Dante about the Derek/Julian connection; Sonny summons Derek to the warehouse (under the pretense of giving his statement for an article);Carly and Ava have it out over Derek and Morgan.

Thursday, October 31
    It's Halloween n Port Charles; Wyndemere is the scene for a few surprises and an act of rebellion; Elizabeth takes her boys trick-or-treating at the Drake house, where she congratulates Patrick and Sabrina on their engagement; Back at Wyndemere, Duke comes looking for Nikolas, only to run headlong into Faison and Obrecht; A close moment results, between Carly and Franco but she sends Franco away; a mysterious, costumed figure watches as Franco goes; Emma finds herself torn between two loves, Cameron and Spencer

Friday, November 1
    At GH a disguised Robin sees Patrick and Emma at the hospital’s Halloween party and over hears Emma call Sabrina her new Mommy; Heather follows Franco and he wants to know why she cares. Is she in love with him?; Duke nearly catches Obrecht and Faison at Wyndemere but Obrecht puts on her Anna costume and mask; Nikolas seems onto Britt about Ben not being her biological child after Brad makes a comment;

#74229   2013/10/27 04:37AM
    LovinMyLife

Please accept my sincere sympathies on the passing of your Mother-in-Law. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Thanks so much for always providing us with the voting information.

#74230   2013/10/27 04:49AM
    LovinMyLife

Caitie,

So excited to see a post from you - really miss your posts and wish you would drop in more often.

I absolutely love JMB and her performance as LuLu. She is the reason I am a LuLu and GH fan now. When I decided to become "a stay at home Mom" I was channel surfing one day and saw her and was captivated by her performance as LuLu and became a fan. I am anxiously awaiting news that she will be on my TV in some role so I can watch her perform again, amazing actress.

I am able to accept ER in the role because I do love "happily married" Lante and also DZ/Dante. Do I notice a big difference in the way ER plays LuLu, yes, however is this at the direction and instruction of TPTB? My Mom who is a 30-plus year viewer of GH tells me that often when a role is recast she feels TPTB decide to change the nature of the character somewhat. What would the alternative be? That we get ER playing JMB playing LuLu?

As far as the LuLu hate, it's always been there to some extent and I believe always will be there, but then again whether loved or hated, she is discussed frequently and passionately so this indicates to me the character is very successful at emoting and making us "feel" her.

Just want you to know how much you are missed and please post more often.

« 7418 7419 7420 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list