List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Started by Nightmoves at 2011/08/01 11:47AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/01 03:06PM, Views: 50038, Replies: 1025
    « 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 » »| page:
    #811   2013/12/16 09:07AM
    Re: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)
    Bizlet

Quote JaneDoe: When did Milo move out of his studio apartment and lease it to Carlos? Is Milo living with big brother now? LOL.... GH must be really skimping on the sets not to even change it a little.

I really think we need another thread about Robin/Patrick/Sabrina.... there aren't quite enough yet.

LOL

#812   2013/12/16 09:13AM
    Bizlet

Quote Mrs. Lansing: Yes I think we need at least 8 new threads a day about Robin/Patrick/ Sabrina. LOL!
    I always found Patrick to be a bore, and could care less about who he was paired with. But some of the Robin fans are a bit over the top and now I find myself rooting for Sabrina just because of that.

To the the bolded ITA. I was looking forward to the return at first, but now I find myself in the same position. I want Robin to take Emma on that trip and leave sooner rather than later.

#813   2013/12/16 09:33AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Mrs. Lansing: Yes I think we need at least 8 new threads a day about Robin/Patrick/ Sabrina. LOL!
    I always found Patrick to be a bore, and could care less about who he was paired with. But some of the Robin fans are a bit over the top and now I find myself rooting for Sabrina just because of that.

I don't consider myself a Robin fan per say, but I can't say I don't like her because she's such an iconic GH figure. I've watched her grown up on the show and it's hard to say that about many characters because of sorasing and recasting. It's refreshing to see a character that has only been played since childhood by one actor.

With that though, I'm not crazy about her either, mostly indifferent to her and Patrick. They had some great times, but became quite the snooze fest before her exit. Sabrina has been mediocre at best, but certainly not the monster many make her out to be. I find the witch hunt of Sabrina ridiculous, yet oddly amusing. For a small time, supporting character... she sure ignites a lot of passion and wild imagination.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/16 09:33AM
    #814   2013/12/16 10:30AM
    stonecoldhot

Quote JaneDoe:

I don't consider myself a Robin fan per say, but I can't say I don't like her because she's such an iconic GH figure. I've watched her grown up on the show and it's hard to say that about many characters because of sorasing and recasting. It's refreshing to see a character that has only been played since childhood by one actor.

With that though, I'm not crazy about her either, mostly indifferent to her and Patrick. They had some great times, but became quite the snooze fest before her exit. Sabrina has been mediocre at best, but certainly not the monster many make her out to be. I find the witch hunt of Sabrina ridiculous, yet oddly amusing. For a small time, supporting character... she sure ignites a lot of passion and wild imagination.

Yes Robin is very boring, the only thing that made her watchable was the fact she was coming back from the dead, and even then it wasn`t her, it was the reaction of everyone else that I wanted to see

#815   2013/12/16 10:33AM
    ghfanfare

^^^The media likes to portray soap viewers as a bunch of crazy obsessed over-the-top out there fans. Unfortunately, sometimes that fits.

#816   2013/12/16 11:05AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote JaneDoe:

It's not that I do not like Robin, it's just that since her return after the Jason break up I found her character not as interesting. I never fast forwarded through her scenes or anything like that and that is because a. I didn't dislike her, and b. As you said she is a long time character who we actually watched grow up so there is an automatic "attachment" to her for lack of a better word. The only other character that can compare to that is Laura who was played by GF from the beginning since she was in her early teens.
    That being said I never liked Patrick and mostly tolerated him with an occasional ff. Sabrina too, not a character I dislike, but just one I never became invested in, through no fault of the actress.
    My feelings have really turned into something other then boredom for two reasons; 1. Robin emotionally blackmailing Sabrina, both lacked any kind of personal dignity, and was beneath a independent secure woman that Robin has always been portrayed as. 2. The over the top childish rants and blatant contempt that some Robin fans show to those who express a different opinion from their own.
    Those two things have really turned me off towards Robin, and I now find myself rooting for Sabrina, and am hoping that if a Robin and Patrick reunion occurs it will be short lived, although I would not want to see Sabrina ruined by further involvement with Patrick.
    I like Sabrina much better with Carlos because I find her scenes with him much more interesting then any she has had with Patrick, and I am beginning to become a little more invested in her character now.
    Sorry for the long ramble, but just trying to explain my "evolution" as best I can on a sleepy Monday afternoon at work...LOL!

#817   2013/12/16 11:25AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote JaneDoe:

It's not that I do not like Robin, it's just that since her return after the Jason break up I found her character not as interesting. I never fast forwarded through her scenes or anything like that and that is because a. I didn't dislike her, and b. As you said she is a long time character who we actually watched grow up so there is an automatic "attachment" to her for lack of a better word. The only other character that can compare to that is Laura who was played by GF from the beginning since she was in her early teens.
    That being said I never liked Patrick and mostly tolerated him with an occasional ff. Sabrina too, not a character I dislike, but just one I never became invested in, through no fault of the actress.
    My feelings have really turned into something other then boredom for two reasons; 1. Robin emotionally blackmailing Sabrina, both lacked any kind of personal dignity, and was beneath a independent secure woman that Robin has always been portrayed as. 2. The over the top childish rants and blatant contempt that some Robin fans show to those who express a different opinion from their own.
    Those two things have really turned me off towards Robin, and I now find myself rooting for Sabrina, and am hoping that if a Robin and Patrick reunion occurs it will be short lived, although I would not want to see Sabrina ruined by further involvement with Patrick.
    I like Sabrina much better with Carlos because I find her scenes with him much more interesting then any she has had with Patrick, and I am beginning to become a little more invested in her character now.
    Sorry for the long ramble, but just trying to explain my "evolution" as best I can on a sleepy Monday afternoon at work...LOL!

I don't mind your long ramble at all.

Like you, I somewhat root for Sabrina simply because she's dogged so much here on the board for no real reason. What I find funny is that people have to make stuff up or twist things so far out of reality just to make her look bad. I don't begrudge anyone for not liking a character for whatever reason, but the wild, imaginative untruths people use to bash her is just ridiculous IMO and it does make me want to root for her even though as a character on her own, I'm really not interested.

I used to HATE Nurse Nadine years ago. She started off as a fun comic relief, but then she became ridiculous when they paired her with Nik and she was running around with clown masks and milking cows. I bashed her till the cows came home even though she was a sweet girl who never did one bad thing. The difference being is that I only made fun of the actions she DID do on screen and the things she ACTUALLY did that annoyed me. I didn't resort to fabrications and false accusations painting her to be a Wicked Witch of the East for no reason other than to amuse myself and bait people into reacting.... as others do with Sabrina.

#818   2013/12/17 08:34AM
    i need to ge...

Why in the world would Britt take an embryo so easily traced back to her??? Couldn't she have taken anyone's embryo & not "logged" it?? Why risk it? If she knew Maxie was pregnant with her own baby & there was a chance lulu & Dante would find out & want to use another one of their embryos at some point? It just doesn't feel believable to me that one or two questions lead them right to the woman who has their child.

#819   2013/12/17 12:33PM
    JaneDoe

Quote i need to get a life: Why in the world would Britt take an embryo so easily traced back to her??? Couldn't she have taken anyone's embryo & not "logged" it?? Why risk it? If she knew Maxie was pregnant with her own baby & there was a chance lulu & Dante would find out & want to use another one of their embryos at some point? It just doesn't feel believable to me that one or two questions lead them right to the woman who has their child.

Good question! She had to know that Dante and Lulu would eventually want the other embryos, especially knowing that Maxie was carrying her own baby instead of theirs. I'm really tired of this dragging out though. I really thought she was going to tell Nik the whole story yesterday. I'm curious if she even knows the whole story or if her mom made most of the decisions surrounding her pregnancy.

#820   2013/12/17 12:41PM
    i need to ge...

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote i need to get a life: Why in the world would Britt take an embryo so easily traced back to her??? Couldn't she have taken anyone's embryo & not "logged" it?? Why risk it? If she knew Maxie was pregnant with her own baby & there was a chance lulu & Dante would find out & want to use another one of their embryos at some point? It just doesn't feel believable to me that one or two questions lead them right to the woman who has their child.

Good question! She had to know that Dante and Lulu would eventually want the other embryos, especially knowing that Maxie was carrying her own baby instead of theirs. I'm really tired of this dragging out though. I really thought she was going to tell Nik the whole story yesterday. I'm curious if she even knows the whole story or if her mom made most of the decisions surrounding her pregnancy.

« 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list