List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Started by Nightmoves at 2011/08/01 11:47AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/09 07:31AM, Views: 42094, Replies: 981
    « 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 » »| page:
    #721   2013/03/09 08:24AM
    Re: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)
    ghfanfare

Quote LiasonSteckyFan: Hello Ladies!

Ok, so what I don't understand is the mod's will shutdown the live thread because they are doing there own one...they will alo shut down one that advises spoiler-free posters of threads that conttain spoilers BUT they just let ppl make pointless threads to bash characters/s/l's or just all together pointless ones or duplicates. Because one day somebody will post a general thread about a s/l and or character then next week somebody else will make the exact same one.

Now everytime I log on the top page is full of spoilers in the title threads, bash threads or just plain garbage. I am not spoiler free but I do respect those who are.

Hey, LSF! IA lots of duplicate threads. Redundant. And spoilers all over the place. Geez, are there really that many spoilers out there?! I try to avoid them as much as possible. More fun for me.

Admin emailed me that it is still okay to put 'no spoilers' in a thread title. So that is something, I guess.

#722   2013/03/11 12:47AM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote ghfanfare:

Ok, so what I don't understand is the mod's will shutdown the live thread because they are doing there own one...they will alo shut down one that advises spoiler-free posters of threads that conttain spoilers BUT they just let ppl make pointless threads to bash characters/s/l's or just all together pointless ones or duplicates. Because one day somebody will post a general thread about a s/l and or character then next week somebody else will make the exact same one.

Now everytime I log on the top page is full of spoilers in the title threads, bash threads or just plain garbage. I am not spoiler free but I do respect those who are.

Hey, LSF! IA lots of duplicate threads. Redundant. And spoilers all over the place. Geez, are there really that many spoilers out there?! I try to avoid them as much as possible. More fun for me.

Admin emailed me that it is still okay to put 'no spoilers' in a thread title. So that is something, I guess.

* Waving hi *

I know, there is so many rumours and spoilers floating around now because of the anniversary show and the Nurses Ball

I am loving all the Character Banners that GH has been making! Have any of you seen them?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/11 12:48AM
    #723   2013/03/11 08:12AM
    alikat

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: Does anyone know what happened to the 'Live Thread'? Since I try to stay spoiler free, I didn't really read it but I did like to go in and say hi to Shells every now and then.

I can't be certain but I think because the admin does their own "update" after the show is over and Shells was pulling the LT info from a different websites LT, they may have deemed it not allowed. I've become amazed at the changes the new mods have made recently. The Live Thread was a tradition for what...6 years? I remember trying to do it (back when it started and it was whomever COULD do it that posted updates during the show) while at work on my little 3" black and white tv LOL... And then there's the changes to the guidelines for posting spoilers (we miss you JD). It's certainly a different board.

Thanks Ali. I came on the board in 2007 and the LT was a staple everyday! I too did it a few times. Too bad it's gone... I'm really annoyed at all the spoilers being posted everywhere and I don't understand why the spoiler warning thread was closed. What new guidelines are there?

They've "loosened" the guidelines. It used to say you had to mark that it was a spoiler within a thread if the thread itself was not marked spoiler thread. Also, they'd remove the thread immediately or the post. Continued infractions would come with consequences. Now if a thread isn't marked "spoiler" and people post spoilers in the thread then they just add "spoilers" into the title. GHFanfare started a thread the other day that she can't participate in because she didn't mark it "NO SPOILERS" so when someone broke the guidelines (although its no longer a guideline) and started just posting away all the spoilers they knew about the topic they just noted the thread "spoilers" in the title instead of addressing the person who couldn't have the courtesey for all by simply putting

*** SPOIILER ****

and then going down a few lines before actually posting the spoiler.

^^^^ How many times have you or I done that ourselves or seen that and it's so easy to just scroll past it? A zillion?

And the explanation to me (since I was the OP of Don't Put Spoilers in the Title of the Thread) was that we were hurting people's feelings because we would post in there that people are putting spoilers where they shouldn't be or that people aren't respecting the spoiler free people. Of course there was no regard from those who ruined the show or the experience on the board because of their disregard for the rules and courtesey of other posters who are spoiler free.

So I asked them to open a "admin sanctioned" thread called Spoiler Free Start Here or something along those lines so that we could notify where spoilers jump out at us. I was ignored.

But hey, it is what it is. It's just a shame someone like JaneDoe can't come and participate.

It's beyond ridiculous and totally inconsiderate. Do you remember when there we two spoiler threads created at the beginning of each month. One was for just posting spoiler and the other was for discussing spoilers. That worked so well but I doubt it would now some just don't care....

Yes. That was two threads that were ALWAYS on the first page because people who wanted to discuss or post spoilers solely went there. Rarely did you see a spoiler posted in a regular discussion thread and when it was there, you didn't even have to notify the mod. JC was right there removing it, warning the poster (in place of their spoiler) and usually notifying them about the spoiler threads, reminding them of the rules and telling them their consequences if they did it again.

Nowadays it's those that want to keep order to the spoilers that are punished or reprimanded.

On the Y&R board I posted something (that referenced the old rules about spoilers) and MY POST was removed and then I got an email telling me that my informaiton was inaccurate. That's what prompted me to go back to read the guidelines and realize they'd changed the rules to the benefit of those ruining the show for the spoiler free that like to participate on the board.

#724   2013/03/11 08:17AM
    alikat

Exactly, I'm not necessarily spoiler free but I don't go looking for the spoilers. However, I am sensitive to the fact that posters like Jane Doe and Nightmoves (who are both 5+ year posters) leave because of the disrespect other posters show spoiler free people. And sadly, I know that some of these people have been on this board for a while themselves. There are at least two posters who post regularly that constantly put spoilers in the middle of a thread. If they want to make their point to a topic, they just post a spoiler to show why something will or will not happen.

#725   2013/03/11 09:40AM
    Vertigobarbie

It's sad that the veteran posters of this mb have to leave because of a lack of respect being shown to them and others who are spoiler free to make the "newbies" feel welcome. This is even though the "newbies" obviously haven't taken the time to read the guidelines to know what's what.

#726   2013/03/14 02:29PM
    ilsalund

Regarding Rafe's guardianship, since his "father" was Lucy's cousin, wouldn't that make her next of kin and therefore legally entitled to be his guardian, assuming there are no other relatives around? This has been bugging me for a few days. Anyone else? Speaking of which, Lucy seems to have abandoned him and all this talk about protecting him!

#727   2013/03/15 11:42AM
    Texas Sunflower

Quote Vertigobarbie: It's sad that the veteran posters of this mb have to leave because of a lack of respect being shown to them and others who are spoiler free to make the "newbies" feel welcome. This is even though the "newbies" obviously haven't taken the time to read the guidelines to know what's what.

I don't understand why some people can't understand that rules are meant for them....

They seem just to want to cause trouble because their lives are so dull........

If they were honest, they would obey the rules set down for EVERYONE.........

#728   2013/03/16 05:31AM
    cardgirl

Quote Texas Sunflower:
    Quote Vertigobarbie: It's sad that the veteran posters of this mb have to leave because of a lack of respect being shown to them and others who are spoiler free to make the "newbies" feel welcome. This is even though the "newbies" obviously haven't taken the time to read the guidelines to know what's what.

I don't understand why some people can't understand that rules are meant for them....

It is very sad that so many people have felt the need to leave this board. It was so much fun when everyone got to kind of know each other, especially through the live thread. It made posting with one another more fun. And everyone for the most part was polite to each other. Well except when some topics got out of hand. But usually, we worked it out, or the mods, without closing a thread, just got it back on track. I for one don't feel as free to express my opinion's. Mainly, because some poster's who might be new don't get that all I was doing was expressing an opinion, not attacking them, or trying to start an argument. It just makes it less fun when people don't realize this board is for everyone not just them. There seems also to be a lot of baiting lately, and that used to be frowned upon. And I also don't like it that I am constantly being told to either not watch, or go somewhere else, simply because I don't like something about the show and want to express that here, in an open forum.

I know the mods can't look at everything everybody says or respond to every request a poster might make, or respond to every concern, I just wish it could be a little bit like it used to be. I really miss some of the old posters who left because of these reasons. There aren't as many new threads anymore either.

#729   2013/03/17 12:20AM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Quote cardgirl:
    Quote Texas Sunflower:

It is very sad that so many people have felt the need to leave this board. It was so much fun when everyone got to kind of know each other, especially through the live thread. It made posting with one another more fun. And everyone for the most part was polite to each other. Well except when some topics got out of hand. But usually, we worked it out, or the mods, without closing a thread, just got it back on track. I for one don't feel as free to express my opinion's. Mainly, because some poster's who might be new don't get that all I was doing was expressing an opinion, not attacking them, or trying to start an argument. It just makes it less fun when people don't realize this board is for everyone not just them. There seems also to be a lot of baiting lately, and that used to be frowned upon. And I also don't like it that I am constantly being told to either not watch, or go somewhere else, simply because I don't like something about the show and want to express that here, in an open forum.

I know the mods can't look at everything everybody says or respond to every request a poster might make, or respond to every concern, I just wish it could be a little bit like it used to be. I really miss some of the old posters who left because of these reasons. There aren't as many new threads anymore either.

I co-sign this post

#730   2013/03/27 05:03AM
    Nightmoves

A few episodes behind but NIK, NIK NIK. My Nik is back sooo good to see him Love him

Did I mention Nik is back yay!!

« 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list