List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Started by Nightmoves at 2011/08/01 11:47AM
    Latest post: 2014/11/22 04:08PM, Views: 68784, Replies: 1322
    « 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 » »| page:
    #711   2013/02/11 07:50AM
    Re: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)
    NYsunflower

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Nightmoves: Loved Caleb saying "Lucy I'm home". That was hysterial.

Also loved Tracy and Konnie fist pumping. I like their newfound friendship and I like that Konnie seems to be softening up a bit.

I'm digging Connie and Tracy too. I'd really like to see "this" Connie stick around. It seems to me she's becoming the Connie she originally was, she's even getting closer with Olivia.

She is certainly more interesting than Kate. That charachter never pulled me in. Connie keeps me guessing.

#712   2013/02/11 10:55AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Nightmoves: I wonder where McBain was during Rafe being taken by Caleb and the cop being murdered. I don't think McBain can be on screen anymore so I wonder what will happen to him.

If he can't be on screen, then why was Todd? I'm so confused. I hate that their "characters" have to go, but it's sounding more and more like the actors may be out too. I'd love to have verification on this. I can live without Starr and even McBain/Caleb if I have to, but I'll have a hard time without Todd. He's become my favorite character.

#713   2013/03/07 11:49AM
    Nightmoves

Does anyone know what happened to the 'Live Thread'? Since I try to stay spoiler free, I didn't really read it but I did like to go in and say hi to Shells every now and then.

#714   2013/03/07 10:15PM
    ilsalund

Okay, the whole Laura has to tell Luke about Anna and Duke was stupid especially since Anna and Duke showed up together at the Q mansion. One would think that Luke would wonder what was going on if he was still with Anna at the time! Contrived writing and plotting here.

#715   2013/03/08 08:20AM
    alikat

Quote Nightmoves: Does anyone know what happened to the 'Live Thread'? Since I try to stay spoiler free, I didn't really read it but I did like to go in and say hi to Shells every now and then.

I can't be certain but I think because the admin does their own "update" after the show is over and Shells was pulling the LT info from a different websites LT, they may have deemed it not allowed. I've become amazed at the changes the new mods have made recently. The Live Thread was a tradition for what...6 years? I remember trying to do it (back when it started and it was whomever COULD do it that posted updates during the show) while at work on my little 3" black and white tv LOL... And then there's the changes to the guidelines for posting spoilers (we miss you JD). It's certainly a different board.

#716   2013/03/08 10:36AM
    Nightmoves

Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves: Does anyone know what happened to the 'Live Thread'? Since I try to stay spoiler free, I didn't really read it but I did like to go in and say hi to Shells every now and then.

I can't be certain but I think because the admin does their own "update" after the show is over and Shells was pulling the LT info from a different websites LT, they may have deemed it not allowed. I've become amazed at the changes the new mods have made recently. The Live Thread was a tradition for what...6 years? I remember trying to do it (back when it started and it was whomever COULD do it that posted updates during the show) while at work on my little 3" black and white tv LOL... And then there's the changes to the guidelines for posting spoilers (we miss you JD). It's certainly a different board.

Thanks Ali. I came on the board in 2007 and the LT was a staple everyday! I too did it a few times. Too bad it's gone... I'm really annoyed at all the spoilers being posted everywhere and I don't understand why the spoiler warning thread was closed. What new guidelines are there?

#717   2013/03/08 11:00AM
    alikat

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote alikat:

Thanks Ali. I came on the board in 2007 and the LT was a staple everyday! I too did it a few times. Too bad it's gone... I'm really annoyed at all the spoilers being posted everywhere and I don't understand why the spoiler warning thread was closed. What new guidelines are there?

They've "loosened" the guidelines. It used to say you had to mark that it was a spoiler within a thread if the thread itself was not marked spoiler thread. Also, they'd remove the thread immediately or the post. Continued infractions would come with consequences. Now if a thread isn't marked "spoiler" and people post spoilers in the thread then they just add "spoilers" into the title. GHFanfare started a thread the other day that she can't participate in because she didn't mark it "NO SPOILERS" so when someone broke the guidelines (although its no longer a guideline) and started just posting away all the spoilers they knew about the topic they just noted the thread "spoilers" in the title instead of addressing the person who couldn't have the courtesey for all by simply putting

*** SPOIILER ****

and then going down a few lines before actually posting the spoiler.

^^^^ How many times have you or I done that ourselves or seen that and it's so easy to just scroll past it? A zillion?

And the explanation to me (since I was the OP of Don't Put Spoilers in the Title of the Thread) was that we were hurting people's feelings because we would post in there that people are putting spoilers where they shouldn't be or that people aren't respecting the spoiler free people. Of course there was no regard from those who ruined the show or the experience on the board because of their disregard for the rules and courtesey of other posters who are spoiler free.

So I asked them to open a "admin sanctioned" thread called Spoiler Free Start Here or something along those lines so that we could notify where spoilers jump out at us. I was ignored.

But hey, it is what it is. It's just a shame someone like JaneDoe can't come and participate.

#718   2013/03/08 12:43PM
    Nightmoves

Quote alikat:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote alikat:

They've "loosened" the guidelines. It used to say you had to mark that it was a spoiler within a thread if the thread itself was not marked spoiler thread. Also, they'd remove the thread immediately or the post. Continued infractions would come with consequences. Now if a thread isn't marked "spoiler" and people post spoilers in the thread then they just add "spoilers" into the title. GHFanfare started a thread the other day that she can't participate in because she didn't mark it "NO SPOILERS" so when someone broke the guidelines (although its no longer a guideline) and started just posting away all the spoilers they knew about the topic they just noted the thread "spoilers" in the title instead of addressing the person who couldn't have the courtesey for all by simply putting

*** SPOIILER ****

and then going down a few lines before actually posting the spoiler.

^^^^ How many times have you or I done that ourselves or seen that and it's so easy to just scroll past it? A zillion?

And the explanation to me (since I was the OP of Don't Put Spoilers in the Title of the Thread) was that we were hurting people's feelings because we would post in there that people are putting spoilers where they shouldn't be or that people aren't respecting the spoiler free people. Of course there was no regard from those who ruined the show or the experience on the board because of their disregard for the rules and courtesey of other posters who are spoiler free.

So I asked them to open a "admin sanctioned" thread called Spoiler Free Start Here or something along those lines so that we could notify where spoilers jump out at us. I was ignored.

But hey, it is what it is. It's just a shame someone like JaneDoe can't come and participate.

It's beyond ridiculous and totally inconsiderate. Do you remember when there we two spoiler threads created at the beginning of each month. One was for just posting spoiler and the other was for discussing spoilers. That worked so well but I doubt it would now some just don't care....

#719   2013/03/08 12:43PM
    Nightmoves

*double post

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/08 12:47PM
    #720   2013/03/08 08:45PM
    LiasonSteckyFan

Hello Ladies!

Ok, so what I don't understand is the mod's will shutdown the live thread because they are doing there own one...they will alo shut down one that advises spoiler-free posters of threads that conttain spoilers BUT they just let ppl make pointless threads to bash characters/s/l's or just all together pointless ones or duplicates. Because one day somebody will post a general thread about a s/l and or character then next week somebody else will make the exact same one.

Now everytime I log on the top page is full of spoilers in the title threads, bash threads or just plain garbage. I am not spoiler free but I do respect those who are.

« 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list