List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Started by Nightmoves at 2011/08/01 11:47AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/17 11:31AM, Views: 42207, Replies: 984
    « 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 » »| page:
    #691   2013/01/28 11:09AM
    Re: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)
    Charming the...

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare: I love Carly's new look, the haircut and that cute blue sheath with the snakeskin print. Awesome!

Love, love, LOVE her new haircut!

I'm really rather EHHHHHH about her new look. I wonder what it looks like when she doesn't straighten it.

How about Anna's new haircut? It's shorter and it looks like she's getting rid of the ombre look on the ends.

Love Anna's hair!!! The two-tone is something I've always wished I could do. EXPENSIVE tho!!

#692   2013/01/28 11:14AM
    ghfanfare

Quote Charming the Flame:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare: I love Carly's new look, the haircut and that cute blue sheath with the snakeskin print. Awesome!

I'm really rather EHHHHHH about her new look. I wonder what it looks like when she doesn't straighten it.

How about Anna's new haircut? It's shorter and it looks like she's getting rid of the ombre look on the ends.

Love Anna's hair!!! The two-tone is something I've always wished I could do. EXPENSIVE tho!!

Expensive and hard to keep up, probably. I can barely afford the drugstore hairdyes, LOL!

#693   2013/01/28 11:16AM
    JaneDoe

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

Expensive and hard to keep up, probably. I can barely afford the drugstore hairdyes, LOL!

I'm right there with you. If it requires something I can't do myself at home, I'm out.

#694   2013/01/28 11:18AM
    Charming the...

Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

I wonder why they insist on keeping her blonde. It's got to thrash her hair, all the dying. I wonder if she's rather gray so this is easier of if she doesn't look good as a brunette?

I like the cut tho-- if noting else I like the change. Maybe because I am naturally curly, but i wish she would let her natural curl come out more often. That's my fave look on Carly- wild and curly.

#695   2013/01/28 11:44AM
    WickedAngel1

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

It's called dipping your tips (say THAT 5 times fast ) I got mine done just before Christmas as a I REALLY needed to pamper myself and it was suggested by my hairdresser and ok'd by my doctor since it doesn't touch the scalp making it safe for pregnancy.

It's the same price as highlights (about $70-$80) and WAY less maintence as it's just the ends of your hair so your touch-ups are only as often as you cut your hair (and you don't need to touch-up everytime you trim depending on your length)

#696   2013/01/28 11:47AM
    WickedAngel1

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

I'm right there with you. If it requires something I can't do myself at home, I'm out.

It's really simple an it's actually something you can do at home, you just need some tin foil and hairdye. It looks best if you only do a step up (1 or 2 shades lighter, and if you are REALLY light a step or two down - darker).

You brush the dye onto the ends of your hair in small 2 - 3" sections only going up about 2-4", fold it into foil and wait the alloted time.

#697   2013/01/28 12:11PM
    JaneDoe

Quote WickedAngel1:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

It's really simple an it's actually something you can do at home, you just need some tin foil and hairdye. It looks best if you only do a step up (1 or 2 shades lighter, and if you are REALLY light a step or two down - darker).

You brush the dye onto the ends of your hair in small 2 - 3" sections only going up about 2-4", fold it into foil and wait the alloted time.

Interesting.... thanks for the info.

#698   2013/01/28 12:27PM
    Charming the...

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

Because I am curly and won't touch a blow dryer I'd like the look Carrie (Sex and the City) had hers for a while. It can't be done simply because more than shade is used.

I wish I could do mine at home. I have a long time friend who owns a salon. As long as I have money I have to support him. Besides, he is amazing!!!

#699   2013/01/28 02:17PM
    WickedAngel1

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

Because I am curly and won't touch a blow dryer I'd like the look Carrie (Sex and the City) had hers for a while. It can't be done simply because more than shade is used.

I wish I could do mine at home. I have a long time friend who owns a salon. As long as I have money I have to support him. Besides, he is amazing!!!

Charming, I have super curly hair as well and it looks AWESOME curly or when I straigten it...it actually looks better than when I had highlights with my curly hair. It's my favorite look and the least costly I have had besides going au natural

#700   2013/01/29 08:09AM
    alikat

Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote ghfanfare:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote JaneDoe:

I have a friend that does hair so I get the full treatment for only $70. What we've been doing for the past 1 1/2 years is letting my natural color (and grey) grow out...to an extent. At nearly 43, I decided I want to see what the real color is again. So we've been pulling through a cap and doing low-lights. I do it about every 6 weeks which includes hair cut and facial wax. I'm naturally light anyway and my hair is a light auburn/brown/dark blonde. So the low lights have worked to blend a pretty natural look for me. At this point, I don't have to do the low-lights but we've decided we'd switch it up. High-lights then low-lights and let the gray shine through where it does.

That could change as the gray grows more prevalent but for now...I'm pretty happy with it.

My sister used to do hair for about 10-12 years when I was a teenager. She's done everything to me. She even turned my hair pink one time accidentally. She was able to get it fixed but as a bartender at the time, when it was dark with the black lights going...I had a pink aura so to speak around my head. I've always held the motto "it will grow out"

« 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list