List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Started by Nightmoves at 2011/08/01 11:47AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/29 02:22PM, Views: 64750, Replies: 1288
    « 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 » »| page:
    #631   2012/11/28 03:46PM
    Re: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)
    oltlforever31

Quote ilsalund:
    Quote oltlforever31:
    Quote nikie: I thought he gave monica and alice 10 percent each? Which would bring you to 98 percent which would only leave 2 percent and that without adding aj! Right?

I think he gave Monica and Alice each 5%. I could be wrong, but still, the math wouldn't add up. I'm thinking this was just an oversight, and/or the writers didn't think we would notice.

You're correct - Edward did give Monica and Alice 5% each.

Without AJ, the stock per the will would equal 100% as follows:

15% to Ned, Skye, Dillon and Jason = 60%*
    5% to Monica & Alice = 10%
    The remaining 30% to be split at 6% each to Maya, Michael, Lila Rae, Brook Lyn and Danny.

Now with AJ, the *60% is split 5 ways to equal 12% each but the shares still total 100%.

Now, TPTB forget a few Q's: There's Edward's granddaughter Faith and her other daughter (name unknown/forgotten) who is Maya's sister. Their combined stock would = 15% which means that each grandchild gets 10% and each great-grandchild gets 5%.

On a different note, Edward did not know Danny's name until the very end so how did his full name get into the will? Also, I'm surprised that Lila Rae's last name is Alcazar - I would have thought Skye would have made it Quartermaine. Since when did Dillon go by Hornsby? And if we're going by legal full names, Ned's should have been stated as Edward Lawrence Ashton. Sorry, I'm just being nit-picky. Again, I'm a stickler for details.

Thank you, Isalund. Yes you are correct about all of that, and I understand the break-down, my only concern was (and again, I could be wrong) I could of sworn Diane read that each living grandchild got 12% before they counted AJ, and then he piped up and Monica vouched for him, and then Diane agreed. Tracy then said "that's 60%" So my thoughts are wouldn't Edward have accounted for that other 12% already? Unless I'm wrong and Diane read it after AJ piped up, and maybe she just changed the 15% to 12% in her head before she read it aloud. I know it's probably not even worth thinking about, but like you I pay attention to little details too, and sometimes they drive me crazy, lol. Again sorry for all the confusion, and thanks again for your response.

Another question I have is doesn't Tracy have some of her own shares of ELQ? Did she lose them when she was blackmailed last year? I wasn't really watching last year so I might have missed something.

#632   2012/11/28 05:08PM
    ghfanfare

I notice Jason is no longer in the opening montage. Now it's Maxie, John McBain and Sam together in the 'mirror'.

#633   2012/11/28 10:13PM
    ilsalund

oltlforever31:

Thank you, Isalund. Yes you are correct about all of that, and I understand the break-down, my only concern was (and again, I could be wrong) I could of sworn Diane read that each living grandchild got 12% before they counted AJ, and then he piped up and Monica vouched for him, and then Diane agreed. Tracy then said "that's 60%" So my thoughts are wouldn't Edward have accounted for that other 12% already? Unless I'm wrong and Diane read it after AJ piped up, and maybe she just changed the 15% to 12% in her head before she read it aloud. I know it's probably not even worth thinking about, but like you I pay attention to little details too, and sometimes they drive me crazy, lol. Again sorry for all the confusion, and thanks again for your response.

Hm, I see your point. I don't remember how the scene went down - I guess I'll have to watch the repeat this weekend. Thanks for appreciating my response.

#634   2012/12/02 02:23PM
    ilsalund

Quote ilsalund: oltlforever31:

Hm, I see your point. I don't remember how the scene went down - I guess I'll have to watch the repeat this weekend. Thanks for appreciating my response.

Okay, I watched the scene again. Apparently, Diane read directly from the will that the living grandchildren each got 12%; since AJ was not known to be alive then, it should have read 15%.

#635   2012/12/02 02:38PM
    oltlforever31

[quote]Quote ilsalund: [quote]Quote ilsalund: oltlforever31:

Okay, I watched the scene again. Apparently, Diane read directly from the will that the living grandchildren each got 12%; since AJ was not known to be alive then, it should have read 15%.[/quote]

Hey ilsalund! Yeah, that is what I thought too. I guess the writers didn't think we would notice, lol. Oh well.

#636   2012/12/03 06:02AM
    JaneDoe

oltlforever31 - LOVE your avi! I'd love to see Kevin Collins return, PC could sure use a good psychologist with all the crazy running around.

#637   2012/12/04 05:06PM
    ilsalund

Saw yesterday's episode again - Constance Towers is so good as Helena and I love what she was wearing.

#638   2012/12/04 05:14PM
    oltlforever31

Quote JaneDoe: oltlforever31 - LOVE your avi! I'd love to see Kevin Collins return, PC could sure use a good psychologist with all the crazy running around.

Thanks, JD! I thought I would prepare for Lucy's return! So thrilled she is coming back. I wonder if she and Kevin are still together? I guess we will find out soon.

I thought of you yesterday when Helena came on. I'm so used to seeing her on your Avi!

#639   2012/12/11 08:22AM
    ghfanfare

They were talking about Ferncliff yesterday. Has that always been the GH facility for mental recovery? I kept thinking Shady Brook. But maybe that was the OLTL version? My memory is like swiss cheese fondue these days. Full of holes and all mixed together.

#640   2012/12/11 09:01AM
    oltlforever31

Quote ghfanfare: They were talking about Ferncliff yesterday. Has that always been the GH facility for mental recovery? I kept thinking Shady Brook. But maybe that was the OLTL version? My memory is like swiss cheese fondue these days. Full of holes and all mixed together.

I think GH has both Ferncliff and Shady Brook. I'm not sure if one of those is supposed to be out of town or not, but I've heard them talk about both places. I know the only one they ever sent anyone to on Oltl, was St. Anne's.

« 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list