List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: IS GH CANCELLED fall 2012?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

IS GH CANCELLED fall 2012?

Started by hoppyblink at 2011/04/15 10:18AM
    Latest post: 2012/08/06 12:24PM, Views: 38441, Replies: 24
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2011/04/15 07:47PM
    Re: IS GH CANCELLED fall 2012?
    sweetcalililac

1. Get a life. If you're so bored that you feel the need to watch a show you don't like and then visit a message board to post rude, insulting, annoying comments, you clearly have too much time on your hands. Here's an idea. Go see a therapist. You clearly have issues and therapy would be a much better use of your time.
    2. I find it appalling that you are supporting so many people losing their jobs. Is people's suffering amusing to you. You are a sick person and like I said, you need therapy.

#2   2011/04/15 07:55PM
    aussie-gal

Quote sweetcalililac: 1. Get a life. If you're so bored that you feel the need to watch a show you don't like and then visit a message board to post rude, insulting, annoying comments, you clearly have too much time on your hands. Here's an idea. Go see a therapist. You clearly have issues and therapy would be a much better use of your time.
    2. I find it appalling that you are supporting so many people losing their jobs. Is people's suffering amusing to you. You are a sick person and like I said, you need therapy.

I couldn't agree more. And, throwing the cancellation in their faces over at the AMC board is equally disgusting.

I also don't understand why people watch a show they hate.

#3   2011/04/16 01:41AM
    Wishing4Liason

Hhhhhmmm....Not sure what the issue is in this thread being the title is just asking a questions....so perhaps a post got removed??

Either way the topic is worth discussing....Really with 2 out the 3 shows gone....It's something to at least be concerned about....Especially with the recent fan uproar or two that GH has had to deal with, whether someone used to watch the show, still does or comes onto messages boards to voice their opinion at this point TPTB need to be listening to whatever feedback they can get their hands on, IF they don't want to be contemplating cancelling GH as well!!

In my eyes, if a person NO longer is watching the show but continues to speak out via the cyber world or snail mail, GH's top brass better be putting on their listening ears....Because the shows needs viewers, find out what is turning people off and fix the issues....people that don't watch any longer or occasionally tune in are just as important right now...They obvious are still a reachable audience!!

GH should be worried...I know I would hate to read that GH has met the same fate, which would mean a whole lot of people would be out of a job!!

#4   2011/04/16 06:24AM
    Greek Godess

If this is the road that GH is headed it will be sad. It has been apart of my life for a long time. I mean I don't feel quite the same about the show as I did. I think fans keep tuning in to a show that they don't like in hopes something has changed, or they find a s/l that peaks there interest back into the show. I hope they can fix this, GH should be utilizing all of the talent on there show instead of fixating on two or three major characters, because it has become repetitve and boring. Soaps should be anything put boring and predictable, and I think the direction the show has taken has cost them viewers, and maybe subconciously they just don't have the same passion for this show as once before. If they don't get cancelled then this will be the end result.

#5   2011/04/16 07:23AM
    lovelyliz

I don't know if it will get cancel or not. Gh needs to give the viewers what they want not what they think they want. They never listen. They got rid of some good people like Em, Nic, Ric, Qs, Webbers and replace them with some people that has no ties to Port Charles. I won't name the characters but it is some that has no ties to Port Charles why are they there just to say they are with someone. I won't say names who they are but Gh rather have them than the good actors they let go not saying the ones they have now is not because they are good too.

Not only are some of the newbies have no ties to Port Charles they are not rootable to me and I rather them be off my screen. GH needs to go back to it's roots and look at their pass & see what it once was.

I guess it was a money decision to get rid of them but with that they lost a lot of fans too..in my opinion it was not worth it.

#6   2011/04/16 10:59AM
    Danielle7

Since this seems like the appropriate thread to place these in, I have read on Ravenbeauty's website that people have told her GH has a year tops. I know some think she ins't a reliable source but she had posted about OLTL and AMC for awhile before they were cancelled, she isn't always wrong. Take the information how you will, but it might be a good idea for GH fans to call in for their show as the other fans are doing

I wouldn't doubt the information as Ann Sweeney wanted all of the soaps gone.

#7   2011/04/16 05:06PM
    lovelyliz

In my opinion GH probably has a year to improve in the ratings but I doubt they will because some do not like what they have on now. When u try to appeal to one fan base u get what u ask for instead of trying to appeal to all fan bases and using your whole cast..till Gh do that they will forever suffer in the ratings.

Sorry for all the fans of Michael & Abby they just do not appeal to me at all..I would not mind if they fall off a cliff and never to be heard from again..that is just way I feel my opinion of them and if Gh is going to focus on them this summer I pass I will not watch it.

Kristina can't say enough about her story line last year or was it 2 years ago it was done good if gh writes like that I think their ratings will improve..I'm not a fan of hers but I think it was good her story line.

I don't know whats the problem is it not enough room for the whole cast to be used or they just do not have the money. With AMC being cancelled they should have plenty of room come September. Gh may very well be cancelled if they do not improve in the ratings in my opinion.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list