List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: GENERAL HOSPITAL BEING CANCELED?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

GENERAL HOSPITAL BEING CANCELED?

Started by DOOLSFAN26 at 2010/10/22 06:48PM
    Latest post: 2010/11/16 11:00AM, Views: 11352, Replies: 48
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2010/10/22 07:46PM
    Re: GENERAL HOSPITAL BEING CANCELED?
    BackforBarrett

Quote perplexed:
    Quote Pisces67:
    Quote DOOLSFAN26: ABC cant afford all three soups and one of the three will be gone by next year. Will it be GH, AMC, or OLTL? Executive producer Jill Farren Phelps is leaving GH and there are talks circling around the web that either AMC or GH will not be around after next year. GH thought that bringing Brenda back would increase ratings but they have only lowered them week to week. GH is in major trouble. There is also talk about switching timeslots with OLTL.

I watch both GH and AMC, if one of them were to be cut, I'd have to say AMC. GH is not fabulous, BUT AMC is so tired it's almost dead. They've lost 2 MAJOR characters Adam Chandler and David Hayward this year. GH has some great talent, who are sticking it out, even if they aren't getting any storylines. That says something to me.

Hi, I watch AMC and GH too, but the writing staff on AMC has always been better than on GH. JMO. GH has to get rid of Guza in order to survive, unless this is some sort of conspiracy by the writer's to tank GH, they need to step up their game. JMHO. They just lost a female writer and I am sure that GH will become even more male dominated, which can't bode well with the female audience. JMO. Peace Out. GH ratings were not spectacular last week either..

Hey, I've been watching both lately too. ..just reverse the shows in your above post..and ditto.

GH is on the upswing, [check zp2it] AMC falling into the depths of cancellation hell
    JMHO PEACE OUT 2

#12   2010/10/22 07:49PM
    perplexed

Quote BackforBarrett:
    Quote perplexed:
    Quote Pisces67:
    Quote DOOLSFAN26: ABC cant afford all three soups and one of the three will be gone by next year. Will it be GH, AMC, or OLTL? Executive producer Jill Farren Phelps is leaving GH and there are talks circling around the web that either AMC or GH will not be around after next year. GH thought that bringing Brenda back would increase ratings but they have only lowered them week to week. GH is in major trouble. There is also talk about switching timeslots with OLTL.

I watch both GH and AMC, if one of them were to be cut, I'd have to say AMC. GH is not fabulous, BUT AMC is so tired it's almost dead. They've lost 2 MAJOR characters Adam Chandler and David Hayward this year. GH has some great talent, who are sticking it out, even if they aren't getting any storylines. That says something to me.

Hi, I watch AMC and GH too, but the writing staff on AMC has always been better than on GH. JMO. GH has to get rid of Guza in order to survive, unless this is some sort of conspiracy by the writer's to tank GH, they need to step up their game. JMHO. They just lost a female writer and I am sure that GH will become even more male dominated, which can't bode well with the female audience. JMO. Peace Out. GH ratings were not spectacular last week either..

Hey, I've been watching both lately too. ..just reverse the shows in your above post..and ditto.

GH is on the upswing, [check zp2it] AMC falling into the depths of cancellation hell
    JMHO PEACE OUT 2

Thanks for the update... appreciated... Peace out.

#13   2010/10/22 08:11PM
    pretty_lady84

I hope it would be AMC. I hate that show. OLTL and GH are the only 2 I watch and I've watched them with my grandma when I was little and with my mom. I'm 26 and I've been watching for the majority of my life. It would be a sad day if GH came to an end.

#14   2010/10/23 10:42AM
    BackforBarrett

ABC is Daytime’s No. 1 Network Among Women 18-49 for the 7th Consecutive Week, led by General Hospital!

So yah...canceled? NOT gonna happen!

#15   2010/10/27 02:15PM
    Pekeheart

I have to say when it comes to the actual story lines. I think that GH will last. I have watched all 3 soaps as far as I can remember. The stories on GH are repeating themselves, they don't evolve. On One Life to Live this past year you had yet another revolving and not evolving story re: David and Dorian. They lost big time without having the patriarch's fighting as usual. Patriarch's such as the Buchanans and for the longest the Max stories are missing also. On AMC, you have no stories that have substance. its like they had to bring back the dead with the hopes of revival but it failed. There is nothing like Erica in trouble and in between men. They had their highest ratings when they had the love triangle going on.

#16   2010/10/27 02:34PM
    jandsluv

GH will be the last ABC soap to be cancelled IMO.

#17   2010/10/27 02:36PM
    BackforBarrett

Quote jandsluv: GH will be the last ABC soap to be cancelled IMO.

Word!

#18   2010/10/27 02:36PM
    Devil-or-Angel

Quote BackforBarrett:
    Quote asiangal: To the OP

aren't you the same poster who posted that GH was getting canceled last year? and that you got the inside info because your uncle worked for ABC?

GH will be the last soap standing for ABC if any shows are getting canceled. Nielsen ratings do not reflect the true picture nowadays. In fact, Nielsen is scrambling to include online ratings and DVR +7 to get more accurate numbers.

GH has been performing well and is one of the few soaps to be in the TOP 10 for online viewing among prime time shows!

WORD.

Hey AG,
    Just wanted to say that I thought exactly the same thing when I saw this....

Didn't we do this last year?

As far as the show being cancelled I'm not worried. GH is the top rated ABC soap consistantly (the others have good weeks from time to time but GH is usually top rated one). It will be the last soap standing- IMO!

Once the other two go THEN I will start worrying about GH being cancelled!

#19   2010/10/27 04:09PM
    One Life to ...

I don't think we have anything to worry about. I haven't read anything else that says that the ABC can't keep all three soaps. And even if one of them was getting canceled, it would be AMC. AMC is no longer AMC. I think the move hurt them instead of helped them. AMC always seems to get the most crappiest of writers. I'm sorry but it's true. GH I don't think is going to get canceled either. I'll be shocked but I do agree it will be the last soap to get canceled. OLTL is on a role with s/ls! I don't know how they are low in ratings. These are probably just rumors.

#20   2010/10/27 08:01PM
    jilltidwell

Quote asiangal: To the OP

aren't you the same poster who posted that GH was getting canceled last year? and that you got the inside info because your uncle worked for ABC?

GH will be the last soap standing for ABC if any shows are getting canceled. Nielsen ratings do not reflect the true picture nowadays. In fact, Nielsen is scrambling to include online ratings and DVR +7 to get more accurate numbers.

GH has been performing well and is one of the few soaps to be in the TOP 10 for online viewing among prime time shows!

If this poster is the same one who started this last year, I'm not going o be happy. I don't buy this because this person might have started to thread in hopes it would actually happen. Again, if this is the same poster, don't get people upset like this either. I have a question also:if Nielson is trying to get accurate numbers does that mean that they are counting people watching online and DVR? That would make the ratings go up right? I think as you do that this may be the poster who started this junk(that turned out to be false)last year. This isn't the first time I've heard and it has always turned out to be false. One sure thing to bring up the rating is to send Sonny to prison for good with no chance of getting out. How does anybody know that ABC can't afford all 3? Has this poster who started this saw the ABC's books. Just my opinion. Please don't bash me.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/10/27 08:05PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list