List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: BASHAPALOOZA Thread. NO PRAISING

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

BASHAPALOOZA Thread. NO PRAISING

Started by JustReign at 2010/06/02 11:05AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/30 11:57AM, Views: 7437, Replies: 168
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #131   2010/08/06 08:38PM
    Re: BASHAPALOOZA Thread. NO PRAISING
    really241

As many have pointed out since this IS a bashing thread then I guess I will have at it...

Liz is pointless was pointless with ric, lucky, (the second, third, fourtH, fifth time around) was pretty decent the first time but liz has always bored me her character she is just very vanilla and bland, with Lucky the first time around she was tolerable but nothing to brag about, was pointless (and boring) with zander, Jason - HA! , and this whole nik debacle is again proving just how pointless this character is....this entire sl is pointless and stupid this was supposed to get the spencer cassidine feud going by trying to recreate a sl that was similar to luke, laura and stavros except nik wasnt as batshyt crazy as stavros and lucky is, well..... just lucky...and liz is just filling a space I could of bought the sl and the conflict if it was another woman in the middle that would of kept my interest...maybe if they would of brought Gia back??? she was a spicy one!

Sonny seriously needs to stop trying to get into everyones pants its getting old and while we all know that he can look at someone and make them pregnant he has enough screwed up kids..the only one that remotely normal is morgan and thats bc jax raised him...

Carly needs to stfu...(fyi told you I would get tired of her antics) grow up and quite trying to take every down who you feel wronged you! how about you focus on your children, lets see theres michael who just got out of jail and is dealing with some serious right now...there is her baby who is..well a baby so enough said on that one and then there is morgan who is as close as normal as any one of sonny and carly's kids will ever be....

Lulu glad to see you pulling your head out of dante's hind parts bc it is about freaking time....

Dante shut the eff up! bc lets be honest you are fighting so hard to prove you are nothing like your father when in reality the anti sonny crap is a just that crap! he is so much like sonny it is crazy....

lucky...please just shave!

Lisa...your a nutt in a hut! can someone please put this broad in shady brooke...welll, I take that back maybe send her to a looney bin where they actually help people get better. Liz went to shady brook and we all see how well that turned out..she got out and immediatly emotionally attached herself and all of her baggage to her patient and spilled her guts every chance that she got to a woman who was going to die but that measly piece of information took a backseat to all of liz's problems bc well she is liz and apparently it is okay for her to do that....

Lets....seee who else...oh Patrick since I am bashing Lisa it is only fair that I bash you too.....STOP LISTENING TO COLEMAN AND CARLY! first of all neither of them have the best track record in having a relationship and secondly who in their right mind whould take advise from Carly of all people anyway...the only thing that carly needs to be concerned with is where her children are....Has anyone asked about any of her children other than michael in the last few episodes?????? Stop being a jerk, and man up and tell Robin the truth!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2010/08/06 08:40PM
    #132   2010/08/07 01:54AM
    almostgrad

Like really said, this is a a bashing thread, so here it goes...

Sonny - Go back to Bensonhurst! And quit being the spermanator! You can't keep track of the kids you have now.

Claire - See the Sonny comment (um, regarding the kids. I know she's not from Bensonhurst)

Lucky - Lose the facial hair. The boy band days are over. The facial hair makes you look like an overly hormonal teenager.

BrookLyn - Please don't ever sing again.

Liz - Go visit your sister & come back the character I used to know & love.

Robin - Lose the control issues

And finally...saving the best for last!

Sam - Where do I even begin! I used to be a Jason/Sam fan during their heyday, but I gotta tell you, my ship has sailed. I want to see the Sam that stood up to Jason and no-hold-barred told him off for the whole Liz/Jake sit. (you know, that infamous "I Will Kill You" scene). I loved her during that scene! How many people can go head-to-head with an irrate/glacial staring Jason Morgan & still be convinceable. She was in his face, no apologies, I'm right-you're-wrong, d*** you to h***! THAT'S the Sam I want back, not this simpering, whining, taking-Tammy Wynette-Stand-By-Your-Man-ad-nauseum-to-a-whole-new-level, Sam. The Sam that she was when she was with Jax and even with Sonny is better than what she is now. I liked the Sam we saw with Lucky (GV's Lucky, obviously). Even though I hated it at first, I soon became a LuSam fan. Great chemistry, & I loved the fact that their relationship (as brief as it was) wasn't all about him. It was actually more about her and her strengths & what she could bring to the relationship. She wasn't following Lucky around like a some stupid pet. Bring back the more independent, strong, take no prisoners Sam, and I'll be a fan again.

#133   2010/08/07 10:23AM
    genhospchat

Quote almostgrad: Like really said, this is a a bashing thread, so here it goes...

Sonny - Go back to Bensonhurst! And quit being the spermanator! You can't keep track of the kids you have now.

Claire - See the Sonny comment (um, regarding the kids. I know she's not from Bensonhurst)

Lucky - Lose the facial hair. The boy band days are over. The facial hair makes you look like an overly hormonal teenager.

BrookLyn - Please don't ever sing again.

Liz - Go visit your sister & come back the character I used to know & love.

Robin - Lose the control issues

And finally...saving the best for last!

Sam - Where do I even begin! I used to be a Jason/Sam fan during their heyday, but I gotta tell you, my ship has sailed. I want to see the Sam that stood up to Jason and no-hold-barred told him off for the whole Liz/Jake sit. (you know, that infamous "I Will Kill You" scene). I loved her during that scene! How many people can go head-to-head with an irrate/glacial staring Jason Morgan & still be convinceable. She was in his face, no apologies, I'm right-you're-wrong, d*** you to h***! THAT'S the Sam I want back, not this simpering, whining, taking-Tammy Wynette-Stand-By-Your-Man-ad-nauseum-to-a-whole-new-level, Sam. The Sam that she was when she was with Jax and even with Sonny is better than what she is now. I liked the Sam we saw with Lucky (GV's Lucky, obviously). Even though I hated it at first, I soon became a LuSam fan. Great chemistry, & I loved the fact that their relationship (as brief as it was) wasn't all about him. It was actually more about her and her strengths & what she could bring to the relationship. She wasn't following Lucky around like a some stupid pet. Bring back the more independent, strong, take no prisoners Sam, and I'll be a fan again.

I agree with everything you said and I wouldn't even mind Sam staying on the show if they would make her the b!tch again and was with someone else and more about her family.

I hope when BH comes back from mat leave that she comes back as the Liz she used to be. Having her around Lucky makes her wimpy. Get her away from him and bring back the of five years ago. She is a LEGACY character, she should ACT like it and her kids are ALL legacy characters by the 4 legacy families (Webber, Hardy's, Quartermaine, Spencer) so she should be more out there, not have her looking like a jerk all the time.

#134   2010/08/07 10:36AM
    Kaykaysmom

Sonny, Sonny, Sonny, he plants a car bomb that nearly kills his daughter, has someone killed so that he can frame Johnny, and people still like him???? really? I just don't get it. He disgusts me. Okay sometimes I love to hate him, but recently its just hate.

#135   2010/08/07 12:50PM
    Charming the...

Quote almostgrad:

I fLOVE this post almost as much as I love that my hubby's gotten his 8-pack back and I can wash clothes on his abs!!! (not that I waste my time doing laundry on the man! LOL rather get him dirty!)

I was so open to Sam when she came on board. Thought the actress was attractive and the description of the character was intriguing. Then they put her from man to man and the charater just never seemed to stick or hold up under the larger mob personalities.

I didn't actually become a fan till she started being strong. I don't care that she got in Elizabeth and Jason's bizness. In fact, her evil antics made it that much more fun to watch.

I think the show screwed up. Once they found the actors strong suit they should have played up to it. The problem with the mob being central is the bad guys HAVE to die eventually or Sonny looks weak.

Here is the thing with Sam, though, she could theoretically have enough on Jason/Sonny to keep herself alive. And because she was/is a con, she could manipulate others to do her dirty work... She could be their nemesis and yet be softened up with a love interest... Sam could have inhabited this wonderfully wicked and rare place somewhere between law abiders (her family) and sticking it to the mob (or just plan running scams like on Jax Industries or the Q's) and the PCPD.

What a waste of a potentially great character.

#136   2010/08/07 01:58PM
    frustratedfan

This isn't really a bash but an observation. Jasam hasn't done Sam any favors.

When was the last time Sam had a story....of her very own? She was involved in Kristina's story but it was Kristina's not Sam's.

She's a tag along for Jason and to show he has a sex life but make no mistake ...it is Jason's world and she's along for the ride.

What exactly is different between Sam now and the last Jasam go round....mere references to the independence she has. It's a tv show....don't tell me .....show me....otherwise it's meaningless.

JMHO, there was much more love and chemistry the 1st time around.....now it's about the hook up. Jason makes choices based on his allegiance to others and Sam is cast in the role of supporter....ANYTHING Jason wants... She's his sexy playmate but little else.

In general, being paired with Jason is the kiss of death as he always has to be right and can never be the reason for the break up. This means the women look weak and/or turn into witches. But then I think Jason is a punk so I don't wish him on anyone....never turns out good for the women.

#137   2010/08/07 03:06PM
    ghfanfare

ff! Howdy!

IA, Sam could be a much more interesting character if they would give her something to do besides follow Jayson, the punk, around. Why isn't she solving crimes and mysteries in her PI business? That would give Spinelli something to do as well besides follow Jayson, the punk, around.

Like a lot of the other female characters on this show, Sam started out as a tough cookie and is now made to look weak and whiny to prop up a male lead. It's either that or the strong women are written as loose, evil, or crazy. I think it is annoying to a lot of viewers.

Why can't we see strong women having sizzling romances with strong men?! Why can't these women also lead independent lives and be involved in jobs, family, friends? Then they can throw in a couple of loose, evil or crazy ones for good measure. Why is that so hard for GH to write?

Frustrating.

#138   2010/08/07 03:16PM
    Kaykaysmom

Quote frustratedfan: This isn't really a bash but an observation. Jasam hasn't done Sam any favors.

When was the last time Sam had a story....of her very own? She was involved in Kristina's story but it was Kristina's not Sam's.

She's a tag along for Jason and to show he has a sex life but make no mistake ...it is Jason's world and she's along for the ride.

What exactly is different between Sam now and the last Jasam go round....mere references to the independence she has. It's a tv show....don't tell me .....show me....otherwise it's meaningless.

JMHO, there was much more love and chemistry the 1st time around.....now it's about the hook up. Jason makes choices based on his allegiance to others and Sam is cast in the role of supporter....ANYTHING Jason wants... She's his sexy playmate but little else.

In general, being paired with Jason is the kiss of death as he always has to be right and can never be the reason for the break up. This means the women look weak and/or turn into witches. But then I think Jason is a punk so I don't wish him on anyone....never turns out good for the women.

ITA. I miss the old Sam, I'm not too interested in Jason's faithful sidekick.

#139   2010/08/08 12:23AM
    almostgrad

Quote Charming the Flame:
    Quote almostgrad:

I fLOVE this post almost as much as I love that my hubby's gotten his 8-pack back and I can wash clothes on his abs!!! (not that I waste my time doing laundry on the man! LOL rather get him dirty!)

I was so open to Sam when she came on board. Thought the actress was attractive and the description of the character was intriguing. Then they put her from man to man and the charater just never seemed to stick or hold up under the larger mob personalities.

I didn't actually become a fan till she started being strong. I don't care that she got in Elizabeth and Jason's bizness. In fact, her evil antics made it that much more fun to watch.

I think the show screwed up. Once they found the actors strong suit they should have played up to it. The problem with the mob being central is the bad guys HAVE to die eventually or Sonny looks weak.

Here is the thing with Sam, though, she could theoretically have enough on Jason/Sonny to keep herself alive. And because she was/is a con, she could manipulate others to do her dirty work... She could be their nemesis and yet be softened up with a love interest... Sam could have inhabited this wonderfully wicked and rare place somewhere between law abiders (her family) and sticking it to the mob (or just plan running scams like on Jax Industries or the Q's) and the PCPD.

What a waste of a potentially great character.

As always, Charming, you give great insight. It's like the writers forgot the core of who Sam is: a con-artist, but I'm not saying that in a bad way. What I mean is that she could still be a heroine and be manipulative. I actually think that because of her history as a con, she could have gone head-to-head w/Luke, b'cuz that's his forte. Seeing Luke & Sam battle it out over the same con would be pretty fun to watch, actually.

I just think the writers have done a real disservice to the character by simply making her Jason's sidekick. I understand that they want to prove to viewers that she's "suited" to Jason's life, and that's fine, but unfortunately, I feel that they've done it by dressing her up in skanky outfits (which isn't KM's fault, but the TPTB) & following Jason around, obeying his every command.

I'd love to see the Sam that b**** slapped Carly (I was actually rooting for Sam in that fight). I'd also like them to stop sex-ing her up so much. No doubt KM's a beautiful woman, but they can still make her seductive w/o making her trashy. Let her cons come into play w/her P.I. business (which I thought was a great idea but they never really went anywhere w/it). Instead of having her tramp around in skimpy outfits going after cheating spouses (I feel like they did that on purpose so KM would have to show some skin), have her really get into a meat & potatoes P.I. case independent of Jason and his mob pals.

I just feel like her whole identity, once again, is wrapped up in what Jason thinks, how Jason feels, what Jason does, Jason, Jason, Jason. I'd just like her to be independent for once, instead of always being about the man in her life (Jason ).

#140   2010/08/08 01:49PM
    lovelyliz

I'm not here to bash my girl because she is still the Liz that I'm a fan of..some may not like whats written for her but she is still Elizabeth Webber that I became a fan of when she first came to Port Charles & Lucky does not make Liz weak nor Nic. I'll tell u who I've grown to hate that is Jason Morgan all he does is be a mobster no life of his own I do not know how sam can be bother with him.

Liz is not pointless I'll tell u who is sam all she does is sit there and wait for Jason to come home that is what I call pointless. Liz is a good character more than the mobsters that is on my screen every day now they are pointless.

Liz is the only reason I watch this show. Mostly the ones that grace my screen everyday is boring and pointless no wonder their ratings reflects that a lot of people must find it boring and pointless too. Go Liz!!! You are not pointless nor will u ever be.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list