List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: No LiRic, How Bout EmRi

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

No LiRic, How Bout EmRi

Started by GHLVR99 at 2007/03/21 07:33AM
    Latest post: 2007/03/26 06:24AM, Views: 856, Replies: 22
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2007/03/25 08:13AM
    Re: No LiRic, How Bout EmRi
    ReignOfTerror

Quote GHLVR99:
    Quote kbmc74:
    Quote harley25: uck ewww that just makes my stomach turn em ri no way

I agree!!!!

I should have chosen something that said I'm a guy. I don't know why it's bugging me, but everyone keeps calling me a girl. When I figure out how to put a picture of myself on here I guess that will be fixed. And I will get you a puke bucket, and then all will be well. The five dots were the other word for hook.., sorry, I should have thought of some other way to say what I wanted to say.

Maybe it bugs you because you have such a low opinion of yourself. Why mention a puke bucket, if you don't? I don't understand the put down.

But thats besides the point I'm about to make.

When you registered on this site and got a profile, you obviously went and picked out a picture from soaps.coms list of pics. They also have "silhouettes" of a male, or of a female and you could have chosen one of those to use to indicate your gender. And since the majority of viewers of soaps are women, it's pretty normal to assume you are female and not male. You can still go back and change it if your gender is that important to you.

Now for what you said.
    Many people type using the "....." (dot..dot..dot) instead of commas.

So,
    When they want to censor a word, asterisks are used, not dots.
    And because I read what you said quickly, it never occured to me that you were trying to say "hooker" (why not JUST TYPE hooker, it's not a cuss word?) and the other poster had to take the time to try and figure it out. I just assumed you were a "dot" typing person and you left out a word.
    This board has a "censor" and if you type a word that can't be used, you will get a screen telling you that you can't use a particular word. But in "netiquette" you use the asterisks, not the dots to indicate a censored word
    Hope that helps.

#22   2007/03/25 09:45AM
    GHLVR99

Quote ReignOfTerror:
    Quote GHLVR99:
    Quote kbmc74:
    Quote harley25: uck ewww that just makes my stomach turn em ri no way

I agree!!!!

I should have chosen something that said I'm a guy. I don't know why it's bugging me, but everyone keeps calling me a girl. When I figure out how to put a picture of myself on here I guess that will be fixed. And I will get you a puke bucket, and then all will be well. The five dots were the other word for hook.., sorry, I should have thought of some other way to say what I wanted to say.

Maybe it bugs you because you have such a low opinion of yourself. Why mention a puke bucket, if you don't? I don't understand the put down.

But thats besides the point I'm about to make.

When you registered on this site and got a profile, you obviously went and picked out a picture from soaps.coms list of pics. They also have "silhouettes" of a male, or of a female and you could have chosen one of those to use to indicate your gender. And since the majority of viewers of soaps are women, it's pretty normal to assume you are female and not male. You can still go back and change it if your gender is that important to you.

Now for what you said.
    Many people type using the "....." (dot..dot..dot) instead of commas.

So,
    When they want to censor a word, asterisks are used, not dots.
    And because I read what you said quickly, it never occured to me that you were trying to say "hooker" (why not JUST TYPE hooker, it's not a cuss word?) and the other poster had to take the time to try and figure it out. I just assumed you were a "dot" typing person and you left out a word.
    This board has a "censor" and if you type a word that can't be used, you will get a screen telling you that you can't use a particular word. But in "netiquette" you use the asterisks, not the dots to indicate a censored word
    Hope that helps.

1) I chose the leaf because I thought it pointed to that fact, ie, leaf over adams stuff in the bible, but I guess that is how my mind works, no big deal.

2) I am fine with myself thank you very much, it was a joke, the previous poster said their stomach was upset at an idea, and I said I'll get you a puke bucket, another attempt at humor, but since on many posts you seem to be responding badly.

You seem to want to start a fight with me, and I have passed it up on two other posts.

4) I will use the suggestions you have given, because as someone new to computers, I can sense that they are good, if only they had been directed to me in a friendly manner, I could thank you for your help, but they were not, so I cannot and will not.

5) When I respond to people, I do so by their ideas, not their gender, but I guess nobody likes to be mislabled. I am a soap fan (GH Y&R CORONATION STREET) and in talking about them, I suppose I would like to have people know who I am, in a limited sense.

6) I am here for fun, not to be baited, I have enough health problems without getting mad about posts.

Now the picture thing is fixed, I guess you just don't select one, and because you choose: male, it does it on it's own. Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, let's just look at our two posts here as grumpy misunderstandings and be a little more lenient with each other in the future. And if in the future you want to send some friendly advice over, I will not hesitate to use it and consider it given with good intent. Live and Let Live Say I, Let This Feud End!

Modified 4 times(s), last time at: 2007/03/25 10:55AM
    #23   2007/03/26 06:24AM
    kaydimonds

Quote miss opinionated: Emily and Ric ? I flip flop about my feelings for this character , but even when I felt that I couldn't stand her , I can't think of anything that she did horrible enough to deserve Ric ... But then again it would be a great storyline . If Jason hated Emily being with Sonny , His head would explode at the thought of her being with Ric. If Ric got with Emily , I would know Rick Hearst was leaving the show , because Jason would shoot Ric dead on sight , if he caught him anywhere near Emily .

You Right 100%...Not only would Jason try to kill him but Sonney would to.....lol

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list