List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: the paternity test....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

the paternity test....

Started by kjh1030 at 2007/03/16 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2007/03/16 12:00PM, Views: 342, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2007/03/16 11:23AM
    the paternity test....
    kjh1030

Someone fill me in please.....
    I missed most of those episodes when Liz found out she was pregnant. How did they do a paternity test on an unborn fetus? Amniocentesis??
    And you have to have the father's DNA to run the test. Did they run the test to see if Lucky was the father as well as Jason? If so, how did they explain that they needed a DNA sample from Lucky?? Or did they just use Jason's DNA to prove he was the father or rule him out as possible father???
    Thanks to whomever can recap this for me!!

#2   2007/03/16 11:28AM
    Re: the paternity test....
    TwoOfHearts

DNA can be done in reality not just soapland nowadays so that was believable...
    Liz told Jason the the baby could only be his or Lucky's so she had Jason give her a DNA sample and she was able to find out that it was Jason's baby...although at first they made it seem like if it was Lucky's...
    So all in all Lucky is the one that has been kept in the dark during all of this...

#3   2007/03/16 11:36AM
    kjh1030

I am familiar with DNA testing - just that in real life they dont do an Amniocentesis just because you want to know who fathered your child, unless there are health related issues.
    I was just wondered what transpired between Liz and Jason at that time and how they initiated the testing. Thank you for filling me in, I appreciate it.

#4   2007/03/16 11:38AM
    GylesMommy

Actually they do. I had a cousin who didnt knwo and she wanted to know if it was her b/f or a fling after her and her b/f broke up for a period and they did and amniostesis on her so they could determine whose it was because if your pregnant the father has to pay child support for dr bills and such. Well here in Oklahoma anyways

#5   2007/03/16 11:53AM
    kjh1030

That is interesting. Sounds like something other states should look into - making the father help with medical expenses prior to birth would certainly be a relief, espcially to a single mother I am sure.

#6   2007/03/16 11:54AM
    I-Heart-Liason

You only need one potential father's DNA sample to either rule them out or find them to be the biological father.

Jason gave Kelly his sample and she ran the test up against the baby's DNA.

#7   2007/03/16 12:00PM
    GylesMommy

They wound up getting married so it didnt matter but i think it is a good idea especially for a single mother.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list