List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: GH Fan only - no character bashing please

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

GH Fan only - no character bashing please

Started by theresao at 2009/12/04 01:42PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/25 11:45AM, Views: 34966, Replies: 1024
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2009/12/04 01:42PM
    GH Fan only - no character bashing please
    theresao

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to start a living thread (like the fan only threads) but where we discuss storylines not individual characters or couples. As I mentioned in another thread, I am new to the boards as I have been posting for about a month, and I am not a fan of any particular character or couple. I AM A GH FAN. Depending on my schedule I may not get to watch all the episodes until the weekend so the daily update thread is kind of out.

As an avid ready of murder mysteries, it’s the OMG and WTF moments on GH that keep me interested. Yes sometime s/l drag on too long for our liking but it’s the slow build-up that yields the most explosive results. Ok here goes….

Dante/Sonny I really like the way this is playing out. Dante came to town on a mission to bring down Sonny because he’s a cop and in retribution for the death of a father figure that he blames on Sonny. It takes time (in real life years if at all) to get close to the head of an organized crime organization and TSW are taking that time. By having Sonny and Dante build a relationship, a sort of mentoring if you will, they are showcasing the conflict Dante is confronting as he find that he likes, possibly in a strange way admires Sonny. Dante is also getting close to Sonny’s children. All of this without knowing that he is actually Sonny’s son.

Liz/Lucky/Nick Wasn’t real sure about this s/l when it first started as I thought it was all part of the Spencer/Cassadine feud, but I think it may have more personal ramifications. Lucky has never been in love with anyone but Liz and no matter what has happened in their relationship he feels they can still work it out so I think part of this s/l is to finally have Lucky move past Liz because she has move past him. Yes he is her first love but I don’t think he is her last one. Her being with Nick is her way of finally ending it with Lucky knowing that once he finds out it will the final nail in the coffin. I think she needs this to be able to go forward and find her all encompassing love. Lucky could give stability but not passion, Jason could give excitement but not stability, Nick is giving her passion. None are offering her the love she needs. Nick is still grieving for Emily and I believe his feelings for Liz are because she was Em’s best friend and the closest thing he can have to Emily. And I have a feeling we may find out that Rebecca is actually Emily as she dies and this will destroy Nick. This of course would be the start of a great new story line.

Sam/ Jason/ Franco Still a little to early in the s/l to tell where this is going but I really looking forward to seeing how they tie the Seven Deadly Sins to the 7 people closest to Jason. I mean I can see Sonny as Greed and Carly as Vanity but haven’t figured out the rest yet.

Enough for now.

ADMIN SANCTIONED THREAD.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/20 10:08AM
    #2   2009/12/04 02:02PM
    Re: GH Fan only - no character bashing please
    RainStormRaider

For me:

Dante/Sonny - I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that Dante is not going to be the catalyst I'd hoped he would be....simply because how his viewpoints seem to be changing slowly and the emotional turmoil that is building in him....though I'd like to see it play out with a take-down of the Corinthos-Morgan Empire....

Nik/Lucky/Liz - I feel this storyline is dragging and has become a little tedious....but I enjoy watching Liz unravel....its about time she has a nervous breakdown or some kind of emotional lapse in judgment that leads to a great fall...this affair may serve to be a catalyst for that...

Franco/Jason/Sam - This storyline is intriguing....but instead of it being a cat-and-mouse game its a little bit of a Nancy Drew teaming up with the Hardy Boys....I think I'd like to see Jason become a little bit more rattled and closed off while Sam maintains control and is the one rescuing him from the fall-out....I think I'd really like to see Jason become increasingly isolated and paranoid...that happens a lot in the criminal underworld and I'd like to see him walk that edge of darkness here, especially since this material seems primed for that sort of storyline...

#3   2009/12/04 02:13PM
    theresao

Oh and I loved Karaoke night. It was great to see the 40+ crowd tossing back a few, shakin' their booty and having fun. Kudos to the actors.

#4   2009/12/04 02:15PM
    RainStormRaider

Quote theresao: Oh and I loved Karaoke night. It was great to see the 40+ crowd tossing back a few, shakin' their booty and having fun. Kudos to the actors.

Honestly, I think I watch GH for those moments now...

And I also think they did a great job with Franco/Maxie....I was really happy to see that connection...

#5   2009/12/04 02:40PM
    theresao

Quote RainStormRaider:
    Quote theresao: Oh and I loved Karaoke night. It was great to see the 40+ crowd tossing back a few, shakin' their booty and having fun. Kudos to the actors.

Honestly, I think I watch GH for those moments now...

And I also think they did a great job with Franco/Maxie....I was really happy to see that connection...

Also it's great exposure for Kristen to act opposite him. Not that the actors on GH aren't some of the best out there but if she would decide to try her wings in other media this was a great start for her.

#6   2009/12/04 03:33PM
    magrat

I like this thread! You've all given me a lot to think about. Thanks.

#7   2009/12/04 07:26PM
    theresao

Ok watched Thursday's and Friday's episodes and I'm seeing where the Jason/Franco story is going. Jason has always been so cool under pressure--Stone Cold--always in control. Sonny needed something done Jason did it with nerves of steel. Now he's not in control Franco is...he's playing with Jason mind and he's a threat Jason doesn't understand. This is going to get really interesting.

Loved how Jason and Spin figures out the message in the painting. They do make a good team...kinda like Beauty and the Geek

Also really enjoyed Lulu and Dante playing guitar hero. GH seems to be putting alot of fun and comic relief in the show.

And a little more to the Liz/Lucky/Nick s/l...Lucky gave her an out why won't she take it? She practically begs Lucky to marry her then later goes to Nick's house. I think to her Lucky is her life line and as much as she wants Nick she's afraid to let go of what is safe. Lucky is the known Nick the unknown. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Michael - Carly finally sees he needs professional help so they may be ramping up the Michael story line.

#8   2009/12/04 08:30PM
    RainStormRaider

How will Dante-Lulu-Johnny-Olivia-Sonny-Kate resolve itself....will Dante become his father's son and Johnny be left out in the cold? Will Lulu/Kate tell all to Sonny? What will Olivia do? At this point will there be some kind of poetic justice where Sonny is concerned?

#9   2009/12/05 05:45AM
    theresao

I wasn't sure about Sonny and Olivia but now I want to see what could happen those two. I never really understood Kate and Sonny and after Kate talked to Sonny I realized she was the rebound girlfriend after Olivia dumped Sonny...she was the on-a-pedastal look what I can get kinda thing for Sonny then and now.

But Olivia and Kate are like fire and ice and Sonny needs the fire. He need someone who will stand toe to toe with him no fear...kinda like Carly always did and still does.

Also I think if Sonny and Olivia are in some kind of relationship that Dante reveal will be way more explosive. For Sonny the more important aspect will the "keeping my son from me" than the he's a cop. It would make him look at would his life have been different if he Olivia had told him she was pregant back in the day. Wouldn't it be a hoot to show an alternate life for Sonny with Olivia and Dante still in Bensonhurst and him working as a mechanic.

#10   2009/12/05 11:23AM
    crazydaisy

This thread looked lonely, and I really appreciate the idea behind it, to engage everyone in a discussion about the show as a whole, rather than just back and forth bashing/defending two specific characters.

Dante is pretty much my favorite thing on GH right now (other than Jasam, but I'm going to try to somewhat keep that out of this thread, because there are enough other places I can discuss that). He is such a great character with so much charisma, charm, wit, and man is nice to look at. I'm SO looking forward to the soapy reveal, I just hope that he is still game for taking Sonny down. It is well past time for Sonny to pay his dues. Like Rain, I'm afraid Dante's views are changing, and he's beginning to see Sonny as a person with a family, rather than as a ruthless mob boss who ordered the hit on Dante's father figure.

As far as the Niz/LL2 triangle goes... I'm just tired of it dragging out so much. It started out very soapy and interesting, but it's become too much of the same conversation over and over. I haven't seen Friday's episode yet so I don't know if anything new happened, but I'm just ready for them to move this story along and for Lucky to find out. And then Liz needs to go get with someone new (I'm hoping for Matt), and Lucky needs to get with someone new (Lainey? Lisa? Anyone other than Liz, Sam, or Maxie?), and Nik needs to go be broody in his turret for awhile.

Franco/Jasam... again, I'm ready for the storyline to get moving. Maybe I'm just impatient, but I feel like there was so much build up for Franco, and now it's sort of halted, and anyone who just started watching for Franco and doesn't care about other s/ls has lost interest by now. It looks like it's going to be really exciting, I just want it to get there.

Sonny/Olivia/Kate... I really couldn't care less about that, other than that I do NOT want either of them with Sonny. I like Jolivia most of the time when they're not all whiny, and I would like to see Kate and Coleman explored a bit. Kate needs someone like that to loosen her up. Sonny needs to be alone. Maybe with AZ in matching orange jumpsuits, as Johnny so eloquently put it

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list