List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: With Robins HIV i wish that everyone'd be a little more careful!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

With Robins HIV i wish that everyone'd be a little more careful!

Started by allie_collegegirl21 at 2007/02/08 09:34AM
    Latest post: 2007/02/09 09:57AM, Views: 280, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2007/02/08 09:34AM
    With Robins HIV i wish that everyone'd be a little more careful!
    allie_colleg...

I mean between Carly and Lulu who keep wiping their eyes with bloody hands I am so worried about them!

Emily without a glove follows the trajectory of the bullet - what if it fragmented?

And Emily has that Scratched wrist from Helena - which wasn't 15 hours ago Port Charles!

Liz is all 'Let me help' but she's all shaky too. lets not hold knives okay!

Sam takes the knife but the chick must've forgotten that she could cut herself to.

Hell Maxie is the smartest Character right now!
    : do whatever and get out i'll just be shutting up now!

#2   2007/02/08 09:57AM
    Re: With Robins HIV i wish that everyone'd be a little more careful!
    cherturn

I know I have been worried about that too!I know its just a soap opera but in real life (I lost my son to AIDS) that blood is contaminated and dangerous! Nik has a cut on his cheek too. Yesterday Em had her hands over her mouth. Sam putting the knife up her sleeve. Lulu wiped her hands on the pillow in there with Allen. I know everyone is so scared but they are being very careless for being people who work or have worked in the hospital you would think they (the writers) would have considered that. Someone will probably get aids now. I hope not but lets be a little realistic Robin Has AIDS. Her blood was squirting all over yesterday when Em cut the blood vessel.

#3   2007/02/08 10:47PM
    Mrs. Patrick...

Quote cherturn: I know I have been worried about that too!I know its just a soap opera but in real life (I lost my son to AIDS) that blood is contaminated and dangerous! Nik has a cut on his cheek too. Yesterday Em had her hands over her mouth. Sam putting the knife up her sleeve. Lulu wiped her hands on the pillow in there with Allen. I know everyone is so scared but they are being very careless for being people who work or have worked in the hospital you would think they (the writers) would have considered that. Someone will probably get aids now. I hope not but lets be a little realistic Robin Has AIDS. Her blood was squirting all over yesterday when Em cut the blood vessel.

Robin does not have AIDS......She is HIV positive. This means that she has tested positive to the VIRUS that CAUSES AIDS. As a matter of fact I believe that in a recent episode there was reference to her viral load being extremely low or undetectable. This would not be the case if she had been in AIDS stages. Don't get me wrong though, the extreme contamination and lack of taking whatever precautions possible have been stomach turning to me as well. I like to believe that the writers at GH know exactally what they are doing and that they have a reason for doing this.

#4   2007/02/09 05:56AM
    pdames4

Quote cherturn: I know I have been worried about that too!I know its just a soap opera but in real life (I lost my son to AIDS) that blood is contaminated and dangerous! Nik has a cut on his cheek too. Yesterday Em had her hands over her mouth. Sam putting the knife up her sleeve. Lulu wiped her hands on the pillow in there with Allen. I know everyone is so scared but they are being very careless for being people who work or have worked in the hospital you would think they (the writers) would have considered that. Someone will probably get aids now. I hope not but lets be a little realistic Robin Has AIDS. Her blood was squirting all over yesterday when Em cut the blood vessel.

I so agree with you. I was also thinking what are the writers' thinking. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have full blown Aids. She may never get full blown Aids. However, that does not mean that someone else cannot contract the virus and they end up with full blown Aids. It happens all the time. The way they are handling this is negligent I think. Robin is still highly contagious. I've heard that it is a story that they are going to deal with much later. Probably when they feel that their precious budget is in danger, then they will get rid of a chatacter. Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/02/09 06:01AM
    #5   2007/02/09 09:57AM
    Mom2RedHead

You know there is definitely going to be a storyline where one of the people trying to help Robin does get HIV. That is probably why Guza wrote Robin as the one to get shot. It will open another storyline for them after this crisis and February sweeps are over. Who will it be though? Emily, interesting point about how she got scratched from Helena not too long ago. Then you have Lulu (I really hope that it isn't her! I like her so much!), Carly, Sam, Liz, Max, Nik. Who else? It will happend again, like someone else said, when there budget runs dry and they need to get rid of someone again. Who runs the books over there? Do they know what they are doing? I just wish that they would keep some of these quality actors that we have.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list