List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Why is GH so violent ?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why is GH so violent ?

Started by miss opinionated at 2007/01/31 04:19PM
    Latest post: 2007/01/31 06:12PM, Views: 332, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2007/01/31 04:19PM
    Why is GH so violent ?
    miss opinion...

Gh has always been action packed , but all of this gunplay is getting out of hand . Seeing your favorite characters being held at gun point , shot and being blown up by bombs is getting tired and old . I know that the writers are working with a certain formula , but they can try to change it up every once in awhile . Even relationships on this show are turbulent and volatile . last year , both Jason and Sam were shot - Twice !!! , and that was within a six month time frame , when you have to start recycle storylines that frequently maybe its time to go in new direction . Violence isn't exciting , especially when it is used against characters you know from the start aren't going to die .

#2   2007/01/31 04:21PM
    Re: Why is GH so violent ?
    ILoveJason

I agree alittle to violent but it defnently blows all other soaps away.This is the number one soap for me.I think if it was not for the mob it might not be as good.

#3   2007/01/31 04:22PM
    toorobbin

It's all about sweeps.

I love the old g.h.

Luke and Laura, Robert and Anna.

Those were the good old days.

#4   2007/01/31 04:25PM
    ILoveJason

I am liking the whole explosion thing but not for anyone to die I think that was a good idea and hope it turns out to be a good story line.

#5   2007/01/31 04:34PM
    kylesgirl

Unfortunatly it brings in vewers. Which ups rating and sells advertising. Its all about the bottom line. I personally cant stand all the gun play either and this whole story line is driving me nuts. They have only covered 3hrs, in 4 days and they keep replaying that explosion every day. Like we dont know its going to blow. But I keep watching cus I need to know whats going to happen next. But that was there plan of course, get you hooked wanting no needing to know whos hurt or dead in that building.

#6   2007/01/31 04:39PM
    ILoveJason

Quote kylesgirl: Unfortunatly it brings in vewers. Which ups rating and sells advertising. Its all about the bottom line. I personally cant stand all the gun play either and this whole story line is driving me nuts. They have only covered 3hrs, in 4 days and they keep replaying that explosion every day. Like we dont know its going to blow. But I keep watching cus I need to know whats going to happen next. But that was there plan of course, get you hooked wanting no needing to know whos hurt or dead in that building.

I got sick of the explosion playing the last 4 days over and over.I think that was dumb.Finally now we can go on to see what happens

#7   2007/01/31 06:07PM
    SparkApCider

Quote miss opinionated: Gh has always been action packed , but all of this gunplay is getting out of hand . Seeing your favorite characters being held at gun point , shot and being blown up by bombs is getting tired and old . I know that the writers are working with a certain formula , but they can try to change it up every once in awhile . Even relationships on this show are turbulent and volatile . last year , both Jason and Sam were shot - Twice !!! , and that was within a six month time frame , when you have to start recycle storylines that frequently maybe its time to go in new direction . Violence isn't exciting , especially when it is used against characters you know from the start aren't going to die .

Men write the show~that is why it is so violent.

#8   2007/01/31 06:09PM
    SparkApCider

Quote kylesgirl: Unfortunatly it brings in vewers. Which ups rating and sells advertising. Its all about the bottom line. I personally cant stand all the gun play either and this whole story line is driving me nuts. They have only covered 3hrs, in 4 days and they keep replaying that explosion every day. Like we dont know its going to blow. But I keep watching cus I need to know whats going to happen next. But that was there plan of course, get you hooked wanting no needing to know whos hurt or dead in that building.

that is why GH is a far cry from what it used to be...It pales to other shows...and the ratings reflect that.

Tristan Rogers said it best when he said GH is not fooling the fans, and eventually even the fans that kid themselves with the belief GH is a great soap will feel raped...of their intelligence.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/31 06:11PM
    #9   2007/01/31 06:12PM
    happi

Quote ILoveJason: I am liking the whole explosion thing but not for anyone to die I think that was a good idea and hope it turns out to be a good story line.

i agree with you, i just hope like you not everyone dies!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list