Costanza "Connie" Falconeri/Kate Howard (as played by Kelly Sullivan on General Hospital)
Useful information about Costanza "Connie" Falconeri/Kate Howard
* She grew up in Bensonhurst in an Italian American family.
* Her birth name is Constanza Louise Falconeri.
* She almost ran off with Sonny while in high school, but didn't want to give up on her dream of a career in fashion.
* She changed her name to Kate Howard because Katherine Howard was one of Henry VIII's wives and it sounded aristocratic.
* She went to Princeton.
* She has created a new, high-power, life for herself and is world known as a celebrity in the fashion world.
* Accidentally shot by Michael.
* Almost married Sonny, but was shot on her wedding day.
* Had a fling with Coleman.
* Was raped as a teenager by Joe Scully Jr., which triggered her personalities to split.
* Killed August 27, 2013.
Who's played Costanza "Connie" Falconeri/Kate Howard over the years?
Kelly Sullivan (September 12, 2011 - August 27, 2013.)
Megan Ward (May 4, 2007 - October 20, 2010)
Current and Past Occupation
Current: Editor-in-Chief of high-end fashion magazine Crimson.
Past: Fashion Editor of Couture Magazine
As Connie Falconeri, she fell in love with Sonny Corinthos when they were teenagers in Bensonhurst. They planned to run away together, but she stood him up and instead ran off to begin a new life.
Connie became Kate Howard, fashionista extraordinaire and editor of Couture magazine. She came to Port Charles in 2007 after her lawyer advised her to leave the Hamptons upon her license being suspended due to a traffic violation.
Kate and Sonny eventually reconnected, despite her accidentally getting shot by his son Michael, and they became engaged. However, it was not meant to be as Kate was shot again on their wedding day by Sonny's enemy Anthony Zacchara. Once she recovered she learned Sonny, who had turned his business over to Jason, was marrying Claudia Zacchara to gain power in order to avenge her shooting. Carly also informed her that she and Sonny had slept together. Needless to say Kate and Sonny ended things.
In the midst of all this, Kate started her own magazine with Jax called Crimson and hired Maxie and Lulu as her assistants. She slept with Jax and then took up with Coleman, but they weren't exactly from the same worlds and she ended it.
Kate was off the canvas for several months until she returned just in time for Jason and Sam's wedding. Sonny, who had alienated everyone in town, asked her to be his date so he would have an ally there. She reluctantly agreed, but was shaken considering their wedding was a year to the day she was shot at the altar.
Sonny and Kate started dating. However, Kate started taking off on business trips and Sonny discovered she wasn't going where she said she was. She confessed she was traveling to Chicago to see a psychiatrist. She also started becoming very touchy about having two sides to her: Kate and Connie. Once at a hotel with Sonny, she snuck out and met a man at a bar that she didn't seem to remember the next day.