Alan Quartermaine (deceased) (as played by Stuart Michael Damon on General Hospital)
Useful information about Alan Quartermaine (deceased)
* Alan definitely wasn't your run-of-the-mill doctor. From his lurid affairs to addiction to pain-killers, million-dollar law suits, and stormy relationship with Monica, his life was anything but easy. His two sons fought constantly, mostly over the same women. Alan's sister is overbearing, his father is bossy and cranky, and his sons didn't turn out anything as Alan had hoped. AJ is gone and Jason is heavily involved with the mob.
* Was married to Monica Quartermaine at the time of his death.
* Resided at 66 Harbor View Road (Quartermaine Mansion)
* Faked his death and assumed a new identity. (in the early to mid 1980's)
* Stole medication in order to feed his drug addiction. (in the mid 1990's)
* Covered up the fact that A.J. was alive and had kidnapped Michael. (2004)
* He died in 2007 of heart problems, but is hanging around in spirit to haunt Tracy for changing his will.
Who's played Alan Quartermaine (deceased) over the years?
Stuart Damon (1977 to December, 23 2008)
Current and Past Occupation
Past: Physician, Chief of Staff at General Hospital
Past: Stockholder of E.L.Q. Industries
Alan came to Port Charles at the invitation of Dr. Rick Webber, and was immediately attracted to Rick's ex-wife, Monica. Although Alan and Monica married, she still had feelings for Rick and cheated on Alan with her past husband.
When AJ was born, there was a question of paternity. Everyone, including Rick, believed the child was a Webber, however, a later test determined that Alan was the true father.
Jason was the result of another scandalous liaison, this time on Alan's part. It seems that lusting and cheating have been the watchwords of the Quatermaine marriage from the beginning.
He and Monica adopted young Emily Bowen after her mother, Paige, died of breast cancer. He formed a fast and deep bond with the little girl raised her with hopes of finally not messing up as a father.
Another offspring of his appeared on the scene when Skye Chandler came to Port Charles. Her mother, Rae, had an affair with Alan many years ago but never revealed her pregnancy. Alan welcomed his grown daughter, but Monica and the rest of the family didn't. It was later revealed that Skye was not, in fact, a Alan's child but he loved her and claimed her as is own anyway.
Since dying of a heart attack during the Metro Court hostage crisis in 2007, his spirit appears once in a while to Tracy. He serves as her conscience and sounding board. On Christmas Eve, 2008, Monica was finally able to see him as well. They immediately started to bicker, but express undying love for one another.
Monica Quartermaine (divorced - first time)
Lucy Coe (divorced)
Flings and Relationships
Gretel Rae Cummings (Lover)
Susan Moore (affair - deceased)
Charity Gaitlin (affair)
Lucy Coe (affair)
Aunt Gertrude (part of ruse deal made with Ned - only lasted a few weeks)
Edward Quartermaine (father)
Lila Morgan (mother - deceased)
Tracy Quartermaine (sister)
Bradley Ward II (paternal half-brother)
Jimmy Lee Holt (paternal half-brother)
George Quartermaine (paternal grandfather - deceased)
Ida Zemlock (paternal grandmother - deceased)
Harold Morgan (maternal grandfather - deceased)
Herbert Quartermaine (paternal uncle)
Hal Morgan (maternal uncle)
Alexandria Quartermaine (paternal cousin)
Quentin Quartermaine (paternal cousin)
Edward Ashton (paternal nephew)
Dillon Quartermaine (paternal nephew)
Justus Ward (paternal half-nephew)
Unnamed Ward (paternal half-niece)
Unnamed Ward (paternal half-niece)
Celia Quartermaine (paternal first cousin)
Michael Corinthos III (grandson)
Lila Rae Quartermaine (granddaughter -by adoption)