List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Dirty Soap - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Dirty Soap Forum :: Nadia's Mom... ugh

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nadia's Mom... ugh

Started by chychy65 at 2011/10/10 07:14AM
    Latest post: 2011/11/17 03:17PM, Views: 8255, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2011/10/25 12:28PM
    Re: Nadia's Mom... ugh
    levann

I understand your points however, part of the problems this country is having is that we are expected to conform to other cultures, religion and beliefs... what about ours? She is in America and came here for a reason.

That issue exists because we are a country that is made up of all different cultures. There is not one American culture or set of expectations. The only indigenous group are the Native Americans! Everyone came here for a reason -- even the Pilgrims and that reason was not to let go of their culture.

#12   2011/10/26 10:35AM
    jgustin

Hey Guys Jon Gustin here jongustin.com. I'm Steve Burtons brother in law. Watch me and Steve on Dirty Soap and join us in the 90 Day Challenge with free web casts from Steve Burton himself! For more info go to jongustin.myvi.net/challenge and email me questions.

#13   2011/10/31 08:22PM
    lily hunter

I guess there are all sorts of relatives that try to latch on to fame. I thought that Nadia's mother is Persian which tells me that she came to this country to have some rights of her own. What I don't understand is why she thinks she can control her daughter's life...oh that's right she's Persian.

#14   2011/11/01 12:14PM
    levann

No one who comes to America as an immigrant dumps their upbringing at the door. As for "latching on" I think she was asked to participate in the show.

#15   2011/11/09 01:35PM
    calliope

I believe most nationalities expect to be respected in their homes. I think to most cultures it is considered rude to enter a man's home and show him disrespect.

#16   2011/11/09 10:12PM
    Scrimmage

Fary is a perfect example why some cultures insist on women wearing burkas and not speaking unless spoken to. I’m all in favor of sending her back home to Iran where I’m sure they would appreciate her candor. They would fit her with a burka with a built in muzzle, and maybe a shock collar.

This is America, and in America we respect all cultures, but we also have community standards that everyone is expected to abide by. No one should come here expecting everyone else to adapt to them, they need to adapt to the way we do things here. If someone expects to enjoy the fruits of living in this wonderful country, then they must also expect to assimilate into the culture here and contribute to it. We don’t encourage immigrants to set themselves apart from the rest of the community, keeping to themselves, never participating in society or never learning English because we want them to truly join with us and become part of the unique “Melting Pot” that is the United States of America and enrich us all by sharing the best of themselves and their backgrounds.

In America you don’t see people raising goats in their back yards in suburban neighborhoods just because that’s the culture they grew up in, and likewise you don’t see people being forced into arranged marriages against their will, or stoned to death for adultery, though both barbaric practices are common elsewhere in the world. Those sort of things are unacceptable and illegal in this country, and anyone here born of foreign extraction had better understand that and get with the program.

There are also standards for acceptable behavior and basic respect for others in general that transcend any culture, and Fary is a stranger to all those standards. She’s a miserable person in ANY language. Until and unless she learns to control herself, she deserves to get back exactly the kind of harsh and unforgiving treatment she so easily dishes out, but I doubt if she will ever change, because Nadia will never stand up to her until it’s too late and Fary has ruined every chance at happiness she will ever have. She'll just continue to drink more and more, and eventually, after Fary has run off every man she loves, Nadia will just marry some loser to spite her mom and then she'll turn into her mother, complaining and criticizing him and everyone else and everything because by then she'll be miserable too. Eventually, even that can become a way of life and for Nadia, that’s what passes for normal based on the role model she’s had working on her all this time.

Run Brandon, RUN! Life’s too short and he deserves to find someone who doesn’t need to be pampered and fawned over ever second, and whose family will appreciate and accept him for the great catch that he is.

#17   2011/11/10 01:02PM
    levann

Imo there is an ignorance of what happens in most of America. I'm not talking about the urban areas or even small pockets of the midwest or SE but America is built on the concept of tolerance but does not actually live it across the board... Part of that ignorance includes statements like "let her go back to..."

#18   2011/11/13 06:03AM
    cityhunter

Quote Scrimmage: Fary is a perfect example why some cultures insist on women wearing burkas and not speaking unless spoken to. I’m all in favor of sending her back home to Iran where I’m sure they would appreciate her candor. They would fit her with a burka with a built in muzzle, and maybe a shock collar.

This is America, and in America we respect all cultures, but we also have community standards that everyone is expected to abide by. No one should come here expecting everyone else to adapt to them, they need to adapt to the way we do things here. If someone expects to enjoy the fruits of living in this wonderful country, then they must also expect to assimilate into the culture here and contribute to it. We don’t encourage immigrants to set themselves apart from the rest of the community, keeping to themselves, never participating in society or never learning English because we want them to truly join with us and become part of the unique “Melting Pot” that is the United States of America and enrich us all by sharing the best of themselves and their backgrounds.

In America you don’t see people raising goats in their back yards in suburban neighborhoods just because that’s the culture they grew up in, and likewise you don’t see people being forced into arranged marriages against their will, or stoned to death for adultery, though both barbaric practices are common elsewhere in the world. Those sort of things are unacceptable and illegal in this country, and anyone here born of foreign extraction had better understand that and get with the program.

There are also standards for acceptable behavior and basic respect for others in general that transcend any culture, and Fary is a stranger to all those standards. She’s a miserable person in ANY language. Until and unless she learns to control herself, she deserves to get back exactly the kind of harsh and unforgiving treatment she so easily dishes out, but I doubt if she will ever change, because Nadia will never stand up to her until it’s too late and Fary has ruined every chance at happiness she will ever have. She'll just continue to drink more and more, and eventually, after Fary has run off every man she loves, Nadia will just marry some loser to spite her mom and then she'll turn into her mother, complaining and criticizing him and everyone else and everything because by then she'll be miserable too. Eventually, even that can become a way of life and for Nadia, that’s what passes for normal based on the role model she’s had working on her all this time.

Run Brandon, RUN! Life’s too short and he deserves to find someone who doesn’t need to be pampered and fawned over ever second, and whose family will appreciate and accept him for the great catch that he is.

With statements like that I'm starting to believe that Nadia is way too good for him.Nadia is nothing like her mom.What do you want her to do?Choose between her mom and her boyfriend? Brandon would lose because no matter what her mother is,SHE is first and formost her mother .No one is making Brandon take all that.He can walk out of this relation anytime he wants.It's his choice to stay and fight along with Nadia for their relationship .And Nadia has been dealing with her mom's behavior for her entire life,her mom treats every boyfriends Nadia gest this way.So it's not against Brandon personnaly.And since we don;t know idf etrhe is more that we don't know, so we can't judge.But brandon knew what he was getting into when he started to date Nadia.Fary was clear from the begining ,she didn't like him,ever since both Nadia and Brandon are trying to have her come around.But it was pointless.Yes Brandon can run because he can't take Fary's behavior but he would lose teha wondeful woman who "truly loves him and makes him happy"(his words).He's in a relationship with Nadia not her mom.So giving up on Nadia because of her mom would be a very coward behavior.He knows that's how she treats everyone,not just him.We saw how she treated, Michelle,the interior designer..so he should be able to ignore her and focus on him and Nadia.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/11/13 06:08AM
    #19   2011/11/14 03:05PM
    wizcarol

i stopped watching Days partly because of Nadia and now i stopped watching Dirty Soap partly because of her mom
    don't know what i thought the show would be like but not this i have my own issues don't need to listen to others who can not even get out of their own way they have so much yet all the do is cry poor me
    get over yourselfs

#20   2011/11/14 09:08PM
    jilltidwell

Fary needs to kind her own man. She is just jealous because both Brandon and Nadia are successful and has what she wants. She wouldn't be able to keep a man.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list